Jump to content

The rundown on some leaked & common tracks by The Veronicas


Recommended Posts

I've been seeing a lot of tracks being traded around that have been leaked or are really common.  Some have been leaked at some point but aren't available anymore, but they're still very very common and you can probably get any Vfan to send them to you for free.  Thought I'd share some details, and if you have questions about any tracks feel free to ask me!  I've been a fan since '05 and collecting unreleased songs since '07, so I know a lot of details about the songs.

Leaked:
101 
Alive 
All About Us
Army of One
Back to Life
Broken
Crashing Down
Cry (Studio Version)
Don't Make Me
Everybody Loves You
Everything I Need
Faded
Go Your Own Way
Happening Again
In Love Again
Luv (I've seen it being traded as Luv Luv Luv, Love Love Love, or Love.  they're all the same song & it's been leaked forever.  the official title is Luv.)
Runaways
Spirits and Sin
Stutter 
Sugar Daddy
Superstar
Take Me Home
Til I Say It's Over
To Know Him
We Are One
What's Goin' On
Without Love
Worlds Apart
Wrong
Your Song
You're Trash

Leaked Demo Versions:
Cold
Change ("Change The World")
Changes ("Everything I Need")
Cry
Dead Cool
Did You Miss Me
Heavily Broken
I Wanna Kiss A Girl ("Take Me on the Floor")
This Love (ft. Kesha)

Common Demo Versions (I don't remember them ever being leaked but almost everyone has them):
Everything
When It All Falls Apart

And the girls did some demo albums back in 1998-2002 as "Lisa & Jessica".  Their dad used to sell copies of 4 of them on eBay, so a few fans have the physical CDs (myself included).  All of these tracks have leaked at some point or another, even if it was super lowkey they've been publicly uploaded before.  If I were you I wouldn't trade for anything but HD lossless rips.  Here they are with their tracklists:

If You Don't Know What Love Is (1998):
01 If You Don't Know What Love Is
02 If You Don't Know What Love Is (Pop/Dance Version)
03 Everybody Needs
04 If You Don't Know What Love Is (No VOX Mix) [instrumental version]

Double Trouble (2002):
01 Vibe (2000)
02 The Real Me (2000)
03 Tell Me Why (1999) [I've recently seen it being traded as "Tell Me" by The Veronicas.  The real title is "Tell Me Why", they did it as Lisa & Jessica, and it's been leaked before.]
04 Get Down (1998)
05 Gotta Be (1999)
06 Double Trouble (1998)

Showtime (2002):
01 What Are You Gonna Do (2001)
02 Fall So Hard (2001)
03 Make It Hot (2001)
04 It's Showtime (2001)
05 Maybe (2001)

Australia Australia (2002):
01 I am Australian
02 Australia Australia
03 Advance Australia Fair
Advance Australia Fair (v2) [a different/shorter cut, not on the tracklist but on the CD]
04 I am Australian (instrumental)
05 Australia Australia (instrumental)
06 Advance Australia Fair (instrumental)

They also did a "Teal" demo CD.  One copy sold on eBay for $600 (or $400?  don't remember which) but not all of the tracks have leaked.

Teal.jpg.a2f4397eb4b836abe792a57f80be040

Leaked "Teal" tracks:
Thinkin' It Over
I Don't Care (Out That Door)
Baby It's Over
Happening Again

Not leaked "Teal" tracks:
Mess My Mind
You Want Mine
Yours 4 Good

And lastly here are some tracks that were "released" online by the girls themselves.  Dead Cool Dropouts is a band Lisa had with her ex (her bf at the time), Tyler Bryant (from Tyler Bryant & The Shakedown)...

Dead Cool Dropouts:
Green Eyes Make Me Blue
Criminal Heart
Write You Off
Blame It On Me
Playing For Keeps
Ju Ju Ya Ya

Lisa: (uploaded to her facebook then deleted shortly after... she does this a lot with tweets and with uploads.)
Monster
Shallow

Lisa: (acoustic videos from her facebook that she deleted.  from when she was first learning guitar and playing a lot of songs on it.)
Back to Black (~30 seconds)
Green Eyes Make Me Blue (two versions, one where a fire alarm interrupts her, one full version)
So Beautiful

CakeHole: (Jess' old side band)
Stab You
Stab You (acoustic) [actual studio acoustic version, rare af!!!]

Also beware of fake tracks.  If anyone comes to you with "She Have Won The Nights", run far away.  Someone "leaked" a low quality snippet you can barely hear saying that "the girls didn't want it out there" or some bullshit like that.  They sent me the full thing and it is SO FAKE.  They also sent me a fake Lisa & Jessica track using two old videos from Jess' boyfriend's instagram and from a radio station's YouTube video.  If you hear the lyrics "I'll be your baby, I'll be your girl, love you completely, give you my world" or just a million "ba ba ba ba ba, ba ba ba ba"s in a row, it's from those.

There used to be a BUNCH of 30 second snippets on YouTube, mainly from L&J and Teal eras, uploaded by since banned user felipelavigneamy.  They're obviously gone now and I haven't met a single person who thought to download them.  They were up publicly but I'd definitely say trade for them if you find them (I know I definitely need them, lol).  EXCEPT... All I Think About Is, Be Yourself, and Left Waiting snippets have been uploaded separately, so you shouldn't trade for those snippets.

Anyone have anything to add to this list or any questions?????  Or corrections???  Let me know please!!

  • YAAASSS 1
  • Shook 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've been seeing a lot of tracks being traded around that have been leaked or are really common.  Some have been leaked at some point but aren't available anymore, but they're still very very c

Are you fucking kidding me?  No wonder there's so many tracks! It's a shame because I feel like a lot of their unreleased material is even better than the album tracks.  

Shit, that was good!   I feel like their voices have gotten so much better in the last few years, cos I remember seeing a few Secret Life performances where they weren't that amazing. Poor Michae

Posted Images

2 hours ago, trayertrash said:

Thank you for this list! Would you be willing to make a masterpost for them? We could really use it here :D

What all would you want on a masterpost?  Unleaked & leaked, album tracks, b-sides, collabs on other people's things, promos, acoustics, live variances, and tracks from compilation albums?  Anything else?  Or anything from that not necessary?  I always love to type a ton of shit out to get organised, so whatever's wanted I can do :P

Link to post
Share on other sites

YAS! :hail: Thank you so much for this list, I've been pestering @roger for years to make one just like it. :stretcher: If you do go ahead with a megapost, I'd love unleaked and leaked, album tracks, b-sides, collabs, and compilation albums - basically anything other than lives (unless it's of a new song) and remixes. Thank you again for this! <3

  • YAAASSS 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, nvie said:

What all would you want on a masterpost?  Unleaked & leaked, album tracks, b-sides, collabs on other people's things, promos, acoustics, live variances, and tracks from compilation albums?  Anything else?  Or anything from that not necessary?  I always love to type a ton of shit out to get organised, so whatever's wanted I can do :P

Everything you have :D I get a bit obsessed with collecting music because I need every little thing the artists has ever recorded and The Veronicas were going to be my next project, but just skimming your list there's so much that I didn't even know existed. :stretcher: 
 

  • YAAASSS 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 5 weeks later...
55 minutes ago, Countess said:

@nvie Stupid question, but do we know if all the Teal and Jessica & Lisa stuff is self written/produced? I just want all my tags to be perfect! :P 

copied exact off the back of the demo CDs:

If You Don't Know What Love Is: written by Rob Fisher; produced by Rob Fisher and Dash McIvor
If You Don't Know What Love Is (Pop/Dance Version): written by Rob Fisher; produced by Dash McIvor
Everybody Needs: written by Rob Fisher; produced by Rob Fisher and Dash McIvor

Vibe: written by M.Scholtes; produced by Mark Scholtes
The Real Me: written by M.Scholtes/J.Origliasso/L.Origliasso; produced by Mark Scholtes
Tell Me Why: written by M.Scholtes; produced by Mark Scholtes
Get Down: written by M.Scholtes; produced by Mark Scholtes
Gotta Be: written by M.Scholtes; produced by Mark Scholtes
Double Trouble: written by M.Scholtes/J.Delkou; produced by Garry Smith

What Are You Gonna Do: written by Lisa and Jessica Origliasso; produced by Stuart Stuart
Fall So Hard: written by Lisa and Jessica Origliasso; produced by Stuart Stuart
Make It Hot: written by Lisa and Jessica Origliasso/R. Wilson; produced by Stuart Stuart
It's Showtime: written by Lisa and Jessica Origliasso/R. Wilson; produced by Stuart Stuart
Maybe: written by Lisa and Jessica Origliasso/R. Wilson; produced by Stuart Stuart

I am Australian: written by Pocketful of Tunes Pty Ltd (lol??? more like licensed from??); produced by Stuart Stuart
Australia Australia: written by Lisa & Jessica Origliasso; produced by Stuart Stuart
Advance Australia Fair; written by Amcos (again, licensed from more like it); produced by Stuart Stuart

from registries and old websites and shit, don't know who produced vs. who wrote but I would assume Lisa and Jess wrote them and the others are producers??: 

Baby It's Over: Anthony Robert Martin, Lisa Origliasso, Jessica Origliasso, Neal Guru Sharma, Dale Thomas
I Don't Care: Anthony Robert Martin, Lisa Origliasso, Jessica Origliasso, Neal Guru Sharma
Mess My Mind: Anthony Robert Martin, Lisa Origliasso, Jessica Origliasso, Neal Guru Sharma
Stop The World: Stephen Andrew Booker,Lisa Origliasso, Jessica Origliasso
Thinkin' It Over: Anthony Robert Martin, Lisa Origliasso, Jessica Origliasso, Neal Guru Sharma
You Want My Love: Anthony Robert Martin, Lisa Origliasso, Jessica Origliasso, Neal Guru Sharma
Yours 4 Good: Anthony Robert Martin, Lisa Origliasso, Jessica Origliasso, Neal Guru Sharma

and while I'm at it digging old stuff up, I just realised that even though thetwinsite.com finally got taken down a couple years ago and isn't archived in wayback, you can still get to the old tealmusic.com through wayback!!! :Dhttps://web.archive.org/web/20030805015347/http://www.tealmusic.com/

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, nvie said:

copied exact off the back of the demo CDs:

If You Don't Know What Love Is: written by Rob Fisher; produced by Rob Fisher and Dash McIvor
If You Don't Know What Love Is (Pop/Dance Version): written by Rob Fisher; produced by Dash McIvor
Everybody Needs: written by Rob Fisher; produced by Rob Fisher and Dash McIvor

Vibe: written by M.Scholtes; produced by Mark Scholtes
The Real Me: written by M.Scholtes/J.Origliasso/L.Origliasso; produced by Mark Scholtes
Tell Me Why: written by M.Scholtes; produced by Mark Scholtes
Get Down: written by M.Scholtes; produced by Mark Scholtes
Gotta Be: written by M.Scholtes; produced by Mark Scholtes
Double Trouble: written by M.Scholtes/J.Delkou; produced by Garry Smith

What Are You Gonna Do: written by Lisa and Jessica Origliasso; produced by Stuart Stuart
Fall So Hard: written by Lisa and Jessica Origliasso; produced by Stuart Stuart
Make It Hot: written by Lisa and Jessica Origliasso/R. Wilson; produced by Stuart Stuart
It's Showtime: written by Lisa and Jessica Origliasso/R. Wilson; produced by Stuart Stuart
Maybe: written by Lisa and Jessica Origliasso/R. Wilson; produced by Stuart Stuart

I am Australian: written by Pocketful of Tunes Pty Ltd (lol??? more like licensed from??); produced by Stuart Stuart
Australia Australia: written by Lisa & Jessica Origliasso; produced by Stuart Stuart
Advance Australia Fair; written by Amcos (again, licensed from more like it); produced by Stuart Stuart

from registries and old websites and shit, don't know who produced vs. who wrote but I would assume Lisa and Jess wrote them and the others are producers??: 

Baby It's Over: Anthony Robert Martin, Lisa Origliasso, Jessica Origliasso, Neal Guru Sharma, Dale Thomas
I Don't Care: Anthony Robert Martin, Lisa Origliasso, Jessica Origliasso, Neal Guru Sharma
Mess My Mind: Anthony Robert Martin, Lisa Origliasso, Jessica Origliasso, Neal Guru Sharma
Stop The World: Stephen Andrew Booker,Lisa Origliasso, Jessica Origliasso
Thinkin' It Over: Anthony Robert Martin, Lisa Origliasso, Jessica Origliasso, Neal Guru Sharma
You Want My Love: Anthony Robert Martin, Lisa Origliasso, Jessica Origliasso, Neal Guru Sharma
Yours 4 Good: Anthony Robert Martin, Lisa Origliasso, Jessica Origliasso, Neal Guru Sharma

and while I'm at it digging old stuff up, I just realised that even though thetwinsite.com finally got taken down a couple years ago and isn't archived in wayback, you can still get to the old tealmusic.com through wayback!!! :Dhttps://web.archive.org/web/20030805015347/http://www.tealmusic.com/

Gorl, you're an absolute legend. :hail: I'm so glad we have a go-to Veronicas stan on the forum! Thank you!

Do you know what era all of the unreleased songs are from? I've figured out where all the covers, soundtrack songs and demos are from but I'm not sure about all the random tracks like 'Stay' or 'Left Waiting'. :/ 

  • YAAASSS 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Countess said:

Gorl, you're an absolute legend. :hail: I'm so glad we have a go-to Veronicas stan on the forum! Thank you!

Do you know what era all of the unreleased songs are from? I've figured out where all the covers, soundtrack songs and demos are from but I'm not sure about all the random tracks like 'Stay' or 'Left Waiting'. :/ 

I have a general idea on the time frame for all of them, but it'll require some thinking and time digging through old hard drives and conversations to get some of them right.  any priority ones you're wondering the year on besides Stay and Left Waiting?  Stay was summer 2006 (TSLO era), and Left Waiting was 2007 (technically HMU era tho the songs they wrote for other people don't really fit the HMU sound).

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, nvie said:

I have a general idea on the time frame for all of them, but it'll require some thinking and time digging through old hard drives and conversations to get some of them right.  any priority ones you're wondering the year on besides Stay and Left Waiting?  Stay was summer 2006 (TSLO era), and Left Waiting was 2007 (technically HMU era tho the songs they wrote for other people don't really fit the HMU sound).

You're the best! :hail:  I literally have so many that I need the year for, and I have no idea about composer info either. :stretcher:  Like all of these tbh:

Screen Shot 2016-04-08 at 2.35.34 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-04-08 at 2.35.58 AM.png

This is so much effort for you to figure out tho. :shocked: Is there a good list or anything which would have all this info or not?

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Countess

Pre-TSLO
Taking Back My Life (registered as performed as L&J)

TSLO or HMU, unsure:
Broken (leaked early 2011/late 2010)
Don't Hold Me Down (I think TSLO)
Don't Make Me (leaked ~2009)
How Can I Miss You (honestly the one I have no idea about... maybe even L&J??)
Invincible (sounds TSLO-y, but Toby Gad worked on it and it was registered around the time of HMU songs)
Wrong (I think it leaked like 2008 but I swear to fuck I heard it WAY earlier than that.  either HMU or TSLO, I'd say TSLO)

TSLO era:
All I Think About Is ~2005
Everything I Need ~2007 (leaked before HMU)
Free ~2005
Happy (I'm So Happy) 2006
Luv Luv Luv (leaked ~2007-2008, probably ~2005)
We Are One 2006
Worlds Apart 2006

HMU era:
Change ~2007
Crying (is "Crying" and "Crying (Live)" the same track?  I'm talking about the Don McLean cover) 2009
Double Trouble Samey Samey 2008
Everybody Loves You ~2007
Everything (demo) 2007
Go Your Own Way ~2009-2010
Good Times 2008
In Love Again ~2008 (leaked 2009)
Neighbours theme 2008
The Way You Make Me Feel 2009
Without Love 2007
You're Trash ~2008?
Your Song ~2009?

LOM/inbetween era:
Army of One ~2012 (leaked by someone who worked on it to soundcloud)
Back To Life ~2012
Crashing Down ~2010? (leaked 2010, but sounds older)
Heart Like A Boat 2010
'Til I Say It's Over ~2012 (leaked by someone who worked on it to soundcloud)

Self Titled era
Mad Love/Trouble 2015

  • YAAASSS 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/8/2016 at 7:26 PM, nvie said:

@Countess

Pre-TSLO
Taking Back My Life (registered as performed as L&J)

TSLO or HMU, unsure:
Broken (leaked early 2011/late 2010)
Don't Hold Me Down (I think TSLO)
Don't Make Me (leaked ~2009)
How Can I Miss You (honestly the one I have no idea about... maybe even L&J??)
Invincible (sounds TSLO-y, but Toby Gad worked on it and it was registered around the time of HMU songs)
Wrong (I think it leaked like 2008 but I swear to fuck I heard it WAY earlier than that.  either HMU or TSLO, I'd say TSLO)

TSLO era:
All I Think About Is ~2005
Everything I Need ~2007 (leaked before HMU)
Free ~2005
Happy (I'm So Happy) 2006
Luv Luv Luv (leaked ~2007-2008, probably ~2005)
We Are One 2006
Worlds Apart 2006

HMU era:
Change ~2007
Crying (is "Crying" and "Crying (Live)" the same track?  I'm talking about the Don McLean cover) 2009
Double Trouble Samey Samey 2008
Everybody Loves You ~2007
Everything (demo) 2007
Go Your Own Way ~2009-2010
Good Times 2008
In Love Again ~2008 (leaked 2009)
Neighbours theme 2008
The Way You Make Me Feel 2009
Without Love 2007
You're Trash ~2008?
Your Song ~2009?

LOM/inbetween era:
Army of One ~2012 (leaked by someone who worked on it to soundcloud)
Back To Life ~2012
Crashing Down ~2010? (leaked 2010, but sounds older)
Heart Like A Boat 2010
'Til I Say It's Over ~2012 (leaked by someone who worked on it to soundcloud)

Self Titled era
Mad Love/Trouble 2015

HOLY SHIT. :shocked: You're a legitimate goddess! Next time you come to Australia you better hit me up because I owe you around twenty rimjobs for that. I had no idea they recorded so much for LOM, that's crazy!

  • YAAASSS 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Countess said:

HOLY SHIT. :shocked: You're a legitimate goddess! Next time you come to Australia you better hit me up because I owe you around twenty rimjobs for that. I had no idea they recorded so much for LOM, that's crazy!

 :rofl:

wasn't only LOM tho!!!  there was gonna be an earlier version of the album, like Atlantic City time, 2010-ish, Jess posted some lyrics on her tumblr and said it was gonna be titled Skelton.  there was gonna be an EP too.  thennn there was gonna be Life On Mars.  and then they had moved past it and were making other songs and said they were thinking of changing the name from Life On Mars since it'd been so long.  it's fucking crazy how long they had music & how much there was that Warner just straight up wouldn't let them release :\\\

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, V said:

 :rofl:

wasn't only LOM tho!!!  there was gonna be an earlier version of the album, like Atlantic City time, 2010-ish, Jess posted some lyrics on her tumblr and said it was gonna be titled Skelton.  there was gonna be an EP too.  thennn there was gonna be Life On Mars.  and then they had moved past it and were making other songs and said they were thinking of changing the name from Life On Mars since it'd been so long.  it's fucking crazy how long they had music & how much there was that Warner just straight up wouldn't let them release :\\\

Are you fucking kidding me? :shocked: No wonder there's so many tracks! It's a shame because I feel like a lot of their unreleased material is even better than the album tracks. :( 

  • YAAASSS 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...