The rundown on some leaked & common tracks by The Veronicas

V

15 hours ago, V said:

Jess does the last line 

There's actually a lot of goodies on Lisa's IG, like this too: 

And this: 

and this, which I had somehow never seen before???  She must not have tweeted it & it was before I was on ig!

Her voice! :hail: I never realised how powerful it was!

• YAAASSS 1

14 minutes ago, Countess said:

Her voice! :hail: I never realised how powerful it was!

yessssssssss!!!!! <3:excited:

tbh my favourite thing to play for people to show off their voices is when they did Lolita acoustic on NovaFM with Michael Paynter... 

+ how good Michael's voice harmonizes with theirs... omg... <3<3<3:cypher:  I swear he needs to return the Love The Fall favour and do backup for them on a studio song sometime...

• YAAASSS 1

On 4/15/2016 at 8:07 PM, V said:

yessssssssss!!!!! <3:excited:

tbh my favourite thing to play for people to show off their voices is when they did Lolita acoustic on NovaFM with Michael Paynter... 

+ how good Michael's voice harmonizes with theirs... omg... <3<3<3:cypher:  I swear he needs to return the Love The Fall favour and do backup for them on a studio song sometime...

Shit, that was good! :hail:  I feel like their voices have gotten so much better in the last few years, cos I remember seeing a few Secret Life performances where they weren't that amazing.

Poor Michael tho, he deserves so much more than the backing singer title. :stretcher: But they do sound great together!

• YAAASSS 2

2 hours ago, Countess said:

Shit, that was good! :hail:  I feel like their voices have gotten so much better in the last few years, cos I remember seeing a few Secret Life performances where they weren't that amazing.

Poor Michael tho, he deserves so much more than the backing singer title. :stretcher: But they do sound great together!

I feel like it was earlier than that that their voices got really really good?  but they've really gotten to showcase it more in the past few years.  like their voices sounded younger and not as mature in TSLO era and there weren't many songs (outside of Heavily Broken) where they could really belt anything out like they do now.  I never got to go to any TSLO shows (because I was young af just sitting at my computer listening to them, lmao) but I saw them HMU era and their voices blew me tf away... especially Lisa singing Heavily Broken in 2009 <3<3 but I can like def tell the difference from TSLO to HMU to LOM to self titled, I just feel likey started to get super fucking good in HMU and kept going uphill onwards

yesssss I loooove Michael Paynter <3 I listen to his EP all the damn time, and his live version of Novocaine with the girls??? oh my godddddd I must've listened to that a thousand times omg - but I love their voices wayyy too much together, like I get they did backup for him on Love The Fall but I really really want him to return the favour but like with a shitton of harmonization instead of someone's voice fading into the background like the girls' did on Love The Fall.  

def don't want him to be "only" backup singer tho, love him <3

• YAAASSS 1

On 4/17/2016 at 4:09 PM, V said:

I feel like it was earlier than that that their voices got really really good?  but they've really gotten to showcase it more in the past few years.  like their voices sounded younger and not as mature in TSLO era and there weren't many songs (outside of Heavily Broken) where they could really belt anything out like they do now.  I never got to go to any TSLO shows (because I was young af just sitting at my computer listening to them, lmao) but I saw them HMU era and their voices blew me tf away... especially Lisa singing Heavily Broken in 2009 <3<3 but I can like def tell the difference from TSLO to HMU to LOM to self titled, I just feel likey started to get super fucking good in HMU and kept going uphill onwards

yesssss I loooove Michael Paynter <3 I listen to his EP all the damn time, and his live version of Novocaine with the girls??? oh my godddddd I must've listened to that a thousand times omg - but I love their voices wayyy too much together, like I get they did backup for him on Love The Fall but I really really want him to return the favour but like with a shitton of harmonization instead of someone's voice fading into the background like the girls' did on Love The Fall.  

def don't want him to be "only" backup singer tho, love him <3

I think you're right! It's hard to say though because they have quite abrasive voices (in a good way, which I didn't know was possible) and I think that comes through a lot more in their uptempo stuff than in their acoustic songs.

And omg, I didn't know he even had an EP! :stretcher: I remember he was meant to have an album coming out but it never worked out for him, poor thing. :'( If they wanted to go ahead and start another side project I think he'd be the one to do it with!

7 hours ago, Countess said:

I think you're right! It's hard to say though because they have quite abrasive voices (in a good way, which I didn't know was possible) and I think that comes through a lot more in their uptempo stuff than in their acoustic songs.

And omg, I didn't know he even had an EP! :stretcher: I remember he was meant to have an album coming out but it never worked out for him, poor thing. :'( If they wanted to go ahead and start another side project I think he'd be the one to do it with!

Love The Fall was his EP!  it had Love The Fall (ft. The Veronicas, ofc), Are You Alive, Icarus, Lay My Armour Down, and Novocaine.  https://itunes.apple.com/au/album/love-the-fall-ep/id380408957

goddddd I'd KILL for a Michael/Lisa/Jess side project omg :excited:

• YAAASSS 1

5 hours ago, MiXero said:

When was All About Us made? I know the final t.A.T.u. version was released September 2005, so I'm just kinda wondering how much time between their demo and the final product their was.

I'd always assumed not long before the t.A.T.u. version.  never realised the t.A.T.u. came out a full month before TSLO!!  

but yeah, I'd assume not long, probably the same year, because it was still fresh enough in their minds for them to sing in 2005 bts videos, and Jess has said she wrote songs with the "4 or 5 chords" she knew, and Cry was one of those songs, and that's the song that got them signed to Warner, and All About Us doesn't sound like it'd fit under that umbrella.  so 2004 or 2005!!

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Jtan6pak said:

Anyone have any scoop on the new album/any new tracks floating around? I'm missing these girls like whoa and am praying this next album is in the vein of "stutter" and "101"

They have a show coming up in the next few months where they promised to play new material so that should give us some idea where they're going!

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, Gone Boy said:

It is from 2005. I think it was recorded around the same time as Faded (same writer involved)

Nice!!!  Thank you!  I love that song a ridiculous amount, haha, good to have a year on it now.

• 1 year later...
On 14/04/2016 at 0:39 AM, PrettyBitch said:

Oh. <3 I have the whole album instrumentals in lossless. I think they're watermarked though. You can't make perfect acapellas tho because they are mastered differently too. I feel like a lot of times they release demo instrumentals on purpose. Some of the piano keys are a half note lower on In Another Life.

please, share somrthing with us <3

• YAAASSS 1

• 7 months later...