How Can PHF Be Improved?

Main Pop Girl

So the payment for our domain hosting is coming up in the next few months, and I'm still wondering if we should be changing our website name or keeping it as it is! I personally love PHF and all it stands for, but I can see it turning some people off. What do y'all think? Should we keep the PHF name or move to a new address? Are there any other suggestions you have for how we can improve the website? Let me know and I'll try my best to make them all happen!

I've had people tell me they wouldn't join specifically because of the name, so I get the desire to change it. But I feel really connected to PHF if that makes sense, then again, it's just a name right? It'll still be the same forum whether you keep PHF or change it to something else. Whatever you choose to do, I'll still be around because I love you and some of the people on this forum :D 

• YAAASSS 1

I've had people tell me they wouldn't join specifically because of the name, so I get the desire to change it. But I feel really connected to PHF if that makes sense, then again, it's just a name right? It'll still be the same forum whether you keep PHF or change it to something else. Whatever you choose to do, I'll still be around because I love you and some of the people on this forum :D 

I feel exactly the same way tbh! :stretcher: I know it's just a name and really the community is the most important thing, but I'm weirdly attached to the title and all the history it holds. <3 I'd prefer to keep it as it is but we'll see what everyone else thinks.

Do you have any other ideas for how we can improve? :magic:

I know I'm new, so you don't have to listen to my suggestions lol

i personally find the word kind of offensive, and its been said to me as a hateful comment. Also, I think a emoticon suggestion thread would be really cool!! and maybe add some moderators to help make the site run smoother. o also a way to change usernames because mine to really long lol

Edited by the shampain sleeper

While I'm tied to the name from Tumblr years, my vote is to change the name. I've had people questions what kind of forum I was on when I'm browsing the forum. Then I have to go through the whole bit of how I don't actually hate gay people, the forum name is supposed to be an ironic jab at WBC.

• YAAASSS 2

Also for a name change, as I agree with the off-putting nature of it. It's a shame in the sense that many people probably don't look past the name to even join and realize it's satirical, and therefore, it could be weighing down on the forum's potential to grow.

As for an actual suggestion on the name, I definitely think the idea of pop-culture should continue to be incorporated in the name, but I'll leave actual ideas up to the others. ;)

• YAAASSS 1

I know I'm new, so you don't have to listen to my suggestions lol

i personally find the word kind of offensive, and its been said to me as a hateful comment. Also, I think a emoticon suggestion thread would be really cool!! and maybe add some moderators to help make the site run smoother. o also a way to change usernames because mine to really long lol

We already have an emoticon suggestion thread, and as far as I know you can still change your username! ;) I wouldn't mind the idea of mods tho, but at this point I feel like we don't really need any as we have only around 20 active members a day. 

You should just keep the letters PHF and think of another meaning for it ;)

I think this is the best idea so far tbh. :hail: This way we can keep using the acronym as a kind of easter egg for people in the know but silly bitches won't be offended by it. :P

What kind of names could we have? PopHatesFlops? Pop/Hits/Flops? Idek. :stretcher: 

• YAAASSS 1