iTunes Planning for another exclusive release

Guest kitten

Guest kitten

I'm sure you all have heard of this by now, how someone is going to drop their album Beyonce style.

I'm kind of on the fence about who it will be. But I'm placing my bets on Rhianna, Madonna, or Adele. Im curious to know who you guys think it is

here's the article if you haven't read it http://www.digitalmusicnews.com/permalink/2014/03/17/beyonceexclusive

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read about this the other day but I'm really not sure who it could be about tbh...Rihanna is still working on her album as far as I know, and it's meant to be released alongside a film which is ages away from being released. It could work for Madonna, but I'm guessing as her singles have been flopping lately they wouldn't risk having no one know about the album. It really needs to be done by someone super relevant who can promote it despite their not being a physical edition of the album to push. Adele could work, but considering a lot of her fans are ancient I doubt they'd even know how to work iTunes. :vacuum: Also, she's not really forward-thinking enough as an artist to pull this off imo. I'm actually thinking it could be XTina for some reason, although who knows how far along she is with her next album.

Guest kitten

Ultraviolence is a possibility but that's just wishful thinking on my part i think lol  :stretcher:. and yeah Adele has been off the radar for a while, but she was huge a few years ago and i can definitely imagine a comeback

I've never even heard of Google Play tbqh. :stretcher: But I must say that Apple has put a lot of work into promoing iTunes. There's often billboards and ads for it regarding new releases, and the whole Beatles thing they did a few years ago made it a pretty big deal. If Google wants to get in on the digital music business, they need to do a better job of marketing their product. :morning:

I've never even heard of Google Play tbqh. :stretcher: But I must say that Apple has put a lot of work into promoing iTunes. There's often billboards and ads for it regarding new releases, and the whole Beatles thing they did a few years ago made it a pretty big deal. If Google wants to get in on the digital music business, they need to do a better job of marketing their product. :morning:

They kind of are, and it is relatively new in to the game. It's profits last year where close to 500 million. Apple also came before pirating became a big thing.

They kind of are, and it is relatively new in to the game. It's profits last year where close to 500 million. Apple also came before pirating became a big thing.

I ain't mad at them for making some $$$, but that doesn't change the fact I have no idea what their company is even meant to be. :stretcher: Good luck to them tho. :magic:

Tbh I can't see Nicki releasing something just on iTunes...for some reason it just wouldn't make sense with her image. Most of the time she barely seems prepared enough to even get an album out by it's release date, let alone plan a whole promo strategy for it. :stretcher: Plus I feel like if she was gonna release something exclusively it would probably be a mixtape. As for Azealia, Apple probably doesn't even know who she is. :morning:

I can definitely see Kanye doing it tho! He's always been forward-thinking when it comes to these things and it would make sense from a business standpoint. Does he really have enough material for another album already tho? Yeezus only came out like a year ago!