iTunes Planning for another exclusive release

Guest kitten

Guest Natalia

I ain't mad at them for making some $$$, but that doesn't change the fact I have no idea what their company is even meant to be. :stretcher: Good luck to them tho. :magic:

Tbh I can't see Nicki releasing something just on iTunes...for some reason it just wouldn't make sense with her image. Most of the time she barely seems prepared enough to even get an album out by it's release date, let alone plan a whole promo strategy for it. :stretcher: Plus I feel like if she was gonna release something exclusively it would probably be a mixtape. As for Azealia, Apple probably doesn't even know who she is. :morning:

I can definitely see Kanye doing it tho! He's always been forward-thinking when it comes to these things and it would make sense from a business standpoint. Does he really have enough material for another album already tho? Yeezus only came out like a year ago!

Well, he's been working on the new album since at least November, has stated that he wants it out before summer, said he thinks it'll be only about 8 songs, and then one time in January DJ Folk tweeted and deleted that Kanye was dropping an album out of nowhere.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, he's been working on the new album since at least November, has stated that he wants it out before summer, said he thinks it'll be only about 8 songs, and then one time in January DJ Folk tweeted and deleted that Kanye was dropping an album out of nowhere.

UGH, THAT WOULD BE AMAZING. If it's only eight tracks I can definitely see a rush release in the next few months! I just hope it's a little stronger conceptually than his last album. And I'd prefer a more poppy, symphonic album to all the hip-hop he's been doing lately too. ;) Is he still working on a follow up to Watch The Throne?

Tbh I can't see Nicki releasing something just on iTunes...for some reason it just wouldn't make sense with her image. Most of the time she barely seems prepared enough to even get an album out by it's release date, let alone plan a whole promo strategy for it. :stretcher: Plus I feel like if she was gonna release something exclusively it would probably be a mixtape.

After Lookin' Ass and how everyone thought it was a photoshoot when in reality it was a videoshoot, without even knowing she had a new song, I'm ready for anything from her.

Guest kitten

Ashley's fantabulous Lina Morgana obsession thread? :hail:

well shit i didnt know she was dead till like 5 minutes ago maybe it's not her  :shocked:

Guest Cypher

:stretcher: :stretcher: :stretcher: :stretcher: :stretcher: :stretcher: :stretcher: :stretcher: :stretcher: :stretcher: :stretcher: :stretcher: :stretcher: :stretcher: :stretcher: :stretcher: :stretcher: :stretcher: :stretcher: :stretcher:

:cypher: :cypher: :cypher: :cypher: :cypher: :cypher: :cypher: :cypher: :cypher: :cypher: :cypher: :cypher: :cypher: :cypher: :cypher: :cypher: :cypher: :cypher: :cypher:

After Lookin' Ass and how everyone thought it was a photoshoot when in reality it was a videoshoot, without even knowing she had a new song, I'm ready for anything from her.

Don't you think even that song/video seemed kind of thrown together tho? Like there was no hype leading up to it, the video was just one scene and the song itself is good but a little messy. It's cool cos it's just a buzz single, but I wouldn't want the first official single to be like that.

Don't you think even that song/video seemed kind of thrown together tho? Like there was no hype leading up to it, the video was just one scene and the song itself is good but a little messy. It's cool cos it's just a buzz single, but I wouldn't want the first official single to be like that.

Yeah. That's what I'm saying, there was no buzz, no leaks, no nothing. Everyone seriously thought it was a photoshoot. I thought it was for her album cover but turns out it was a damn music video. Even if it was a one scene type of thing. It's not even a buzz single. It's just a song that's gonna be on her album. I think she only released it because it was on Young Money: Rise of an Empire. I don't even think it was messy at all. She went in and slaughtered. Even my friend who greatly dislikes her work was a fan of that track. But yeah, I feel like it can possibly be Nicki just because she always wants to do some shit for her fans where she gets us all hyped up and stuff. And she has been travelling a lot. So I'm sure she also filmed other music videos for other songs. It just makes sense! hahaha.

Yeah. That's what I'm saying, there was no buzz, no leaks, no nothing. Everyone seriously thought it was a photoshoot. I thought it was for her album cover but turns out it was a damn music video. Even if it was a one scene type of thing. It's not even a buzz single. It's just a song that's gonna be on her album. I think she only released it because it was on Young Money: Rise of an Empire. I don't even think it was messy at all. She went in and slaughtered. Even my friend who greatly dislikes her work was a fan of that track. But yeah, I feel like it can possibly be Nicki just because she always wants to do some shit for her fans where she gets us all hyped up and stuff. And she has been travelling a lot. So I'm sure she also filmed other music videos for other songs. It just makes sense! hahaha.

True, I'm definitely not mad at her for releasing that video, it was a cool thing to do for the fans who have been waiting for so long! I'm just saying that her method tends to be, at least in recent years, to throw her albums together pretty quickly and her videos and promo plans are pretty much free-for-all's. It's not necessarily a bad thing, as ultimately it means we get more material from her even if it seems disjointed, but for that reason I can't really see her being the one behind this exclusive release.

True, I'm definitely not mad at her for releasing that video, it was a cool thing to do for the fans who have been waiting for so long! I'm just saying that her method tends to be, at least in recent years, to throw her albums together pretty quickly and her videos and promo plans are pretty much free-for-all's. It's not necessarily a bad thing, as ultimately it means we get more material from her even if it seems disjointed, but for that reason I can't really see her being the one behind this exclusive release.

That is true...I mean look at Roman Reloaded We had a bunch of different genres into one and it didn't blend so easily :/ Not to mention the failed singles of Massive Attack and Roman In Moscow that were supposed to make the album cuts but didn't.

That is true...I mean look at Roman Reloaded We had a bunch of different genres into one and it didn't blend so easily :/ Not to mention the failed singles of Massive Attack and Roman In Moscow that were supposed to make the album cuts but didn't.

Agreed! And like the fact that for Pink Friday had about 11 confirmed/official/promo singles even though we only got like videos and actual airplay for about five of them. It's totally not a problem, I kinda like it, but it makes me think she probably wouldn't be into organizing something like this. :stretcher:

P.S.: 'Roman In Moscow' is like one of my favourite songs from that era and I have no idea why it didn't make the album. :o