Remixes coming next week on the digital deluxe so far are. 

Surrender (Radio Edit) [this is 40 seconds shorter]

I Surrender (7th Heaven Mix) [not a surprise as the edit is on the deluxe]

Never Knew Love Like This Before (Sudlow

Remix)

Never Trust A Stranger (Shortland Remix)

Never Trust A Stranger (Sudlow Remix)

Song For The Lonely (7th Heaven Remix) [again a given as the edit is on the deluxe]

Summer Night City (7th Heaven Remix Edit)

Summer Night City (7th Heaven Remix)

Summer Night City (Extended Mix)

Summer Night City (lan Masterson Remix)

No More Tears (Enough Is Enough) (Sudlow Remix)

Euphoria [JRMX Club Mix]

Euphoria [JRMX Radio Edit]

Euphoria [Live from Eurovision Village, Liverpool]

Gloria JRMX Club Mix]

Gloria JRMX Radio Edit]

So Emotional [Le Flex Retro Remix]

Summer Night City [Claire Solo Version]

Summer Night City [7th Heaven Remix Edit] (a new 3rd version)

This Time I Know It's For Real [Shortland Mix]

very very happy with the news of a solo summer night city. Shame there is no more unreleased tracks coming as of this post and no Xanadu remix :( oh well 

On 8/26/2023 at 12:50 AM, tajd said:

Shame there is no more unreleased tracks coming as of this post :(

Why would it be a shame (for you), if you already have them?

Taking self pride in being a ‘gate-keeper’ is a fools errand.

Why not just finally leak them? 

Edited by Dax Diameter

10 hours ago, Dax Diameter said:

Why would it be a shame (for you), if you already have them?

Taking self pride in being a ‘gate-keeper’ is a fools errand.

Why not just finally leak them? 

Why would I leak stuff for I paid hundreds for? Little unfair on my behalf ain't it. I don't have all of them I am missing 4 tracks.

7 hours ago, tajd said:

Why would I leak stuff for I paid hundreds for? Little unfair on my behalf ain't it. I don't have all of them I am missing 4 tracks.

Ah okay. I was under the impression a large portion of those hundreds went on having the official album for a month in advance of its official release.

Thanks for clearing that up.

• Like 1

I must have entered an alt. dimension as rumors suggest the album could enter the album chart, as high as No. 2.

Which would equate to several, parallel album entry positions with Steps .. so if she can achieve that on her own, why would she want to indefinitely go on splitting the money five ways, when (lets me honest) - all any good euro gay wants to hear is her voice tackling this kind of material anyway?

Never really got to the bottom of why Sony let her go after “My Wildest Dreams” peaked at No.9, so I wonder how such an unexpected occurrence would go down at their London HQ 🫢

Edited by Dax Diameter
  • Like 1

This is going crazy now. There’s a sudden demand for an extended club mix of “Xanadu”. I think Demon should shock everyone by getting Matt Pop to do it.

He’s ‘hand in glove’ for this project and really should have been on board from the start!

In fact, there needs to be Claire Richards/ Matt Pop Club Mixes for “Xanadu” and “Knock on Wood” (I don’t care if the latter is a leak - it needs to happen NOW)!

Edited by Dax Diameter
  • Like 1

On 8/29/2023 at 9:04 PM, Dax Diameter said:

This is going crazy now. There’s a sudden demand for an extended club mix of “Xanadu”. I think Demon should shock everyone by getting Matt Pop to do it.

He’s ‘hand in glove’ for this project and really should have been on board from the start!

In fact, there needs to be Claire Richards/ Matt Pop Club Mixes for “Xanadu” and “Knock on Wood” (I don’t care if the latter is a leak - it needs to happen NOW)!

Claire vocals on this please! Hopefully someone talented can do it.

• Like 1

The JRMX Club Mix of “Gloria” appears to be a highlight of the digital release for many.

Whilst I’m fine with Steve Anderson’s extended mixes, I wish they would give “Xanadu” to JRMX (who would hopefully give it the same electro type treatment “Gloria” got).

It would be awful if “Xanadu”s status as a bonus track meant it’s not even going to be considered for any remixes (at all).

Claire’s rendition of “Xanadu” is way to good for it to be denied an extended club mix.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dax Diameter said:

The JRMX Club Mix of “Gloria” appears to be a highlight of the digital release for many.

Whilst I’m fine with Steve Anderson’s extended mixes, I wish they would give “Xanadu” to JRMX (who would hopefully give it the same electro type treatment “Gloria” got).

It would be awful if “Xanadu”s status as a bonus track meant it’s not even going to be considered for any remixes (at all).

Claire’s rendition of “Xanadu” is way to good for it to be denied an extended club mix.

Agreed Gloria remix is god like and Sudlow remixes are very very good also. 

10 hours ago, tajd said:

Agreed Gloria remix is god like and Sudlow remixes are very very good also. 

Hmm, I’m indifferent to the Sudlow remixes. They just don’t do it for me on any level and I will always go for a proper banging extended club mix over an edit every time (for me Sudlow fail on both scores, same as when they remix Steps).

Whilst I was aware of JRMX prior to The Saturdays “Not Giving Up (JRMX Club Mix)”, that was the one that made me wake up to them and appreciate precisely what they bring to the table.

I might be a little tired of “7th Heaven” and nowadays prefer the fresher, equally (yet often more) melodic mix arrangements of Matt Pop - but if there is some kind of internal politics at play that explains why Claire and her team have an inexplicable blind spot towards him and the magic he could work for her - then as a last resort, I’d even prefer a “Xanadu (7th Heaven Club Mix)” over the tepid ‘will this do?’ ness of Sudlow.

Edited by Dax Diameter
  • Like 1

• Poison ivy changed the title to Steps (+ Member Solo Projects) | General Discussion Thread