What are your recommended personal new artist/ group suggestions to other forum members? Regardless of how or where you discovered them?

Which new/ breaking/ current/ low profile artists should we be supporting that are passing other forum members by?

This is YOUR discussion thread conjunct to your place to drop links to whatever up and coming new artists/ groups YOU think should have a higher profile in order to reach their intended audience.

To get the ball rolling I would like to ask my fellow arthouse leaning/ foppish gheys, can we please support this artist?

She appears a rich untapped source of melody with something going on under the hood that if nourished and shaped could provide us with more melodies - (think an ALDI/ LIDL answer to Susanne Sundför):

Planningtomakeloveeasy (Remix):

Artist page:

Yes! I love to discuss small new artists, there's usually great surprises hidden there. Not to be a snake regarding other new artists (aka Tiktoker/Youtuber-to-singer type of artists) but there's more to new artists than... them. Disclaimer: probably these three are the biggest names out of my Small New Artists category.

First I'd like to introduce River Westin, an American artist who has a vintage/retro jazzy-blues-60s type of vibe to his music. He's actually been around for around 5 years iirc but he has remained with a small audience. His second album is allegedly coming later this year/top of 2023. Favourite track: "Maraschino", "Silver Lining", "Dark Side".

Then I have Nick Vega, whose music reminds me a lot of Lana Del Rey, MARINA and The Neighbourhood. Fun fact: he interpolates an unreleased Lana song ("Meet Me in the Pale Moonlight") in the title track of his second album Romance Ain't Dead. I've particularly loved that album but I have yet to listen to his previous music. I didn't know he was in The Voice Germany but as he has remained independent he keeps a lowkey career. Favourite track: "Paradise Is Fragile", "Slow Motion", "Float".

And I also really love EMM, a pop artist who has also had a career since 2016 but her name isn't quite big and I think she deserves quite much more recognition. Besides her singing-songwriting, she also produces or co-produces all of her releases. She has one album (Burning in the Dark) and three mixtapes (Emerald, Ruby and Sapphire), these last forming a concept trilogy (the Gemstone Mixtapes) about the journey of a superhero/her alter ego. I've talked to her via DMs and she's quite nice, wish I could meet her face to face someday. Favourite track: "Vice", "Adderall", "Fall", "Devil in Disguise", "Freedom", "Avalanche".

I must have more small artists like them in my library, I'll post about them eventually!

Note to self: Casey Conroy, McKenna Michels, mehro, Heddy Edwards, Patryk Kania, etc.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ice Prince said:

Yes! I love to discuss small new artists, there's usually great surprises hidden there. Not to be a snake regarding other new artists (aka Tiktoker/Youtuber-to-singer type of artists) but there's more to new artists than... them. Disclaimer: probably these three are the biggest names out of my Small New Artists category.

First I'd like to introduce River Westin, an American artist who has a vintage/retro jazzy-blues-60s type of vibe to his music. He's actually been around for around 5 years iirc but he has remained with a small audience. His second album is allegedly coming later this year/top of 2023. Favourite track: "Maraschino", "Silver Lining", "Dark Side".

Then I have Nick Vega, whose music reminds me a lot of Lana Del Rey, MARINA and The Neighbourhood. Fun fact: he interpolates an unreleased Lana song ("Meet Me in the Pale Moonlight") in the title track of his second album Romance Ain't Dead. I've particularly loved that album but I have yet to listen to his previous music. I didn't know he was in The Voice Germany but as he has remained independent he keeps a lowkey career. Favourite track: "Paradise Is Fragile", "Slow Motion", "Float".

And I also really love EMM, a pop artist who has also had a career since 2016 but her name isn't quite big and I think she deserves quite much more recognition. Besides her singing-songwriting, she also produces or co-produces all of her releases. She has one album (Burning in the Dark) and three mixtapes (Emerald, Ruby and Sapphire), these last forming a concept trilogy (the Gemstone Mixtapes) about the journey of a superhero/her alter ego. I've talked to her via DMs and she's quite nice, wish I could meet her face to face someday. Favourite track: "Vice", "Adderall", "Fall", "Devil in Disguise", "Freedom", "Avalanche".

I must have more small artists like them in my library, I'll post about them eventually!

Note to self: Casey Conroy, McKenna Michels, mehro, Heddy Edwards, Patryk Kania, etc.

Just had a chance to listen to the EMM album all the way through (as she appealed to me most) and I like what I heard - on first listen the track “Devil In Disguise” is a particular standout so thanks for introducing me to her.

• YAAASSS 1

38 minutes ago, Dax Diameter said:

Just had a chance to listen to the EMM album all the way through (as she appealed to me most) and I like what I heard - on first listen the track “Devil In Disguise” is a particular standout so thanks for introducing me to her.

I'm glad you liked her music! "Devil in Disguise" is particularly fabulous, maybe my favourite from Ruby (its parent album). If you liked it, it very much encapsules her overall artistic vibe so I bet you will like many, many other songs in her catalog.

If you ask me, my particular favourite albums of hers are her latest two, Ruby  and Sapphire (although the last one's tracklist order could've been improved tbh).

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Ice Prince said:

I'm glad you liked her music! "Devil in Disguise" is particularly fabulous, maybe my favourite from Ruby (its parent album). If you liked it, it very much encapsules her overall artistic vibe so I bet you will like many, many other songs in her catalog.

If you ask me, my particular favourite albums of hers are her latest two, Ruby  and Sapphire (although the last one's tracklist order could've been improved tbh).

I’m going to check EMM out in more depth when I have the chance.  Have you ever heard of Poppy Baskcomb? She’s been cropping up in my recommendations for quite some time and I’m really enjoying what I hear.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Dax Diameter said:

I’m going to check EMM out in more depth when I have the chance.  Have you ever heard of Poppy Baskcomb? She’s been cropping up in my recommendations for quite some time and I’m really enjoying what I hear.

I haven't listened Poppy Baskcomb yet! I have to check her out as well :) 

• Like 1

This one is more directly commercial, they are in severe need of a ghey stylist to rescue them from these clearly horrific heterosexual wardrobe choices though:

.. I feel it would benefit from a more 7th Heaven or Matt Pop Club orientated mix though.

Irrespective of styling, the music hits that sweet spot, in a way the Cutebad tracks are trying (but failing) to.

Edited by Dax Diameter
Syntax

• 5 months later...

Tennis are not a new band, I’ve been following this husband and wife duo since 2010 and they definitely have enough of a fan base to keep them in business.

Something feels a bit different about this release though (from their upcoming album, “Pollen”.  People I know who were previously unaware they existed have suddenly discovered them through this track.

I hope it helps them breakthrough on a wider scale:

• 3 months later...

I’ve been listening to this album a fair bit recently, which my Spotify keeps trying to blend with Slayyyer. (At this point it feels like a fresher sounding alternative to me - as I’ve listened to Slayyyter so much):

Edited by Dax Diameter
Update

9 hours ago, computer boy said:

Miranda Öhman and Magda Skyllbäck are Honey. A Swedish female duo. Together they create classic pop with a scent of the 70's involving melodies drenched in sunny synths & strings. Pretty much ABBA-vibes.

Always fresh to hear something new that’s not influenced by a U.S. urban centric sound.

On 6/4/2023 at 7:52 AM, computer boy said:

Miranda Öhman and Magda Skyllbäck are Honey. A Swedish female duo. Together they create classic pop with a scent of the 70's involving melodies drenched in sunny synths & strings. Pretty much ABBA-vibes.

Very very into this! Loving those warm fuzzy synths and the ABBA-esque background vocals. Definitely going to keep an eye on them!

• Like 2