2 hours ago, Dax Diameter said:

A Welsh Pride performance (during “Euphoria” album promo) from last month of Claire (and H), performing their debut single (and second biggest bop overall) originating from that time period we don’t speak of:

This and All Out of Love are “The Steps songs that got away” could you imagine all 5 members on DJ & then just the girls on All Out of Love, oh what could have been. Another You, Another Me is an fantastic album full of great tracks.

DJ, All Out of Love, Another You, Another Me, You’re a Love Song, Nothing at All, Invincible, Too Close To Tears.

Shoutout to the terrific B Side, Don’t Give Up, Don’t Let Go. 

It would never happen but just imagine They got Lee, Faye & Lisa back in the studio to record some verses from a couple of songs and re-release this album as a Steps album?

Edited by tajd

On 8/4/2023 at 8:50 PM, tajd said:

This and All Out of Love are “The Steps songs that got away” could you imagine all 5 members on DJ & then just the girls on All Out of Love, oh what could have been. Another You, Another Me is an fantastic album full of great tracks.

DJ, All Out of Love, Another You, Another Me, You’re a Love Song, Nothing at All, Invincible, Too Close To Tears.

Shoutout to the terrific B Side, Don’t Give Up, Don’t Let Go. 

It would never happen but just imagine They got Lee, Faye & Lisa back in the studio to record some verses from a couple of songs and re-release this album as a Steps album?

check dm 

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Dax Diameter said:

Does anyone happen to know if 7th Heaven remixed Steps “To The Beat Of My Heart”? (it seems strange that it does not appear to exist).

If 7th Heaven never touched it, does that make it the only single (since Steps reunion) that they never did a remix for?

They didn't remix To The Beat of My Heart or Heartbreak In This City. I still dream of them remixing Heartbreak, like you I hate they skipped 7th heaven remixes on both 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dax Diameter said:

Would “A Hundred Years Of Winter” also happen to be another one?

They remixed A Hundred Years of Winter also it was ready for the remix ep but delayed it for the platinum party and pre party album but was temporally sold online before it was taken down.

• Shook 1

38 minutes ago, tajd said:

So are we not getting a music video for SNC? 

I believe she’s already moved on to the title track “Euphoria” as she recently uploaded a clip of her lip syncing to that on her IG, wearing the same outfit/ wig (on the set of the “I Surrender” video), that she wore in the previous short solo clip for “Summer Night City”.

Though the drop of the SNC and “Euphoria” clips appeared weeks apart, it seems they were both filmed behind the scenes on the set of the “I Surrender” video at the same time.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cv9ctm0ozr9/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

I gather overall feedback for SNC (from the wider fanbase) was not that positive which may be why she already appears to have moved on to visually teasing the album title track.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

After having had the chance to listen to the deluxe album all the way through and having grown up with most of these songs, with the originals in my collection, I’ve split Claire’s versions into two categories that either do (or don’t) work for me:

The Good:

01. Euphoria
02. No More Tears 
03. So Emotional
04. I Surrender
05. Gloria [Ending is too sudden though]
06. Never Knew Love Like This Before
07. Love Is A Battlefield
08. Xanadu
09. Goodbye To Love [Enjoyed hearing a new part of Claire’s lower vocal register for the first time]

The Bad:

10. Song For The Lonely
11. Summer Night City
12. This Time I Know It’s For Real

The Average:

13. Never Trust A Stranger

Best Remixes:

14. No More Tears (Steve Anderson Extended Disco Mix) [Should be at least two minutes longer]
15. Never Knew Love Like This Before (Mastercuts Extended Mix)

Worst Remixes:

16. So Emotional (Le Flex Poolside Mix)
17. Euphoria (Orchestral Mix) [Unnecessary and too similar to track 1]

Remixes It’s Always Better To Have In Non-Edited Form:

18. I Surrender (7th Heaven Club Remix)
19. Song For The Lonely (7th Heaven Club Remix)

Observations:

”Song For The Lonely” sounds like pure Karaoke, it came as a shock that one of (only a few letdowns), was only the second track in.

”Summer Night City” was obviously lacklustre from the start and should never have been used and swopped out with a finished mix of Claire’s unreleased take on the Amii Stewart classic “Knock On Wood” (also recorded during these album sessions).

Steve Anderson really dropped the ball on the production of “This Time I Know It’s For Real”, it’s simply awful and given the praise he has heaped on SAW in the past, I would have expected him to approach them in a more deferential way.

Claire’s vocal shines on “Never Trust A Stranger” but a decision has clearly been made to shy away from the use of rock guitars on Kim original in an effort to airbrush the Pop/ Rock genre out and to avoid scaring millennial gays.

The “No More Tears” extended mix should have been longer as it’s such an epic slo-build track (and original Donna/ Barbra 12” is two minutes longer)

The “Le Flex Poolside Mix” of “So Emotional” kills the energy of all previous versions and is a total waste of time.

Likewise the “Orchestral Mix” of the title track also fails to pack the same punch as the earlier main mix and they should have either included a 7th Heaven Remix Edit (or preferably the full length 7th Heaven Remix, if they had room).

Whilst I’d have preferred Claire’s sophomore album to not have been a covers album and despite the above criticism’s everything else shines and is much better than much of the stale Rn’B sounding music being generated by U.S. artists (and U.K. ones who want to be like them).

Edited by Dax Diameter
  • Like 1

Tracks I like are 

No More Tears, Xanadu, I Surrender, Songs For The Lonely, Euphoria, So Emotional, This Time I Know It’s For Real, Gloria.

Tracks I don’t like

Summer Night City, Never Trust a Stranger, Never Know Love Like This Before, Love is a Battlefield, Goodbye To Love. 

I wanted to like SNC but I don’t like Andy’s voice and with duets I always think the main artist should release a solo version so fans get the best of both worlds. 

On 8/14/2023 at 5:39 PM, Dax Diameter said:

Does anyone happen to know if 7th Heaven remixed Steps “To The Beat Of My Heart”? (it seems strange that it does not appear to exist).

If 7th Heaven never touched it, does that make it the only single (since Steps reunion) that they never did a remix for?

Can I PM you? 

• Poison ivy changed the title to Steps (+ Member Solo Projects) | General Discussion Thread