BTS On Hiatus Until 2025 For Military Duty

bts-door-concept-photo-courtesy-of-bighi 

K-pop boy band BTS will go off on mandatory military service, starting shortly with oldest member Jin, their agency said on Monday.

Jin, 29, has put off his service for as long as he can and faces the imminent prospect of a full stint - meaning nearly two years out of the public eye - when he turns 30 in December.

All other members will also serve the mandatory military duty according to their respective plans, it added.

"Both the company and the members of BTS are looking forward to reconvening as a group again around 2025 following their service commitment," HYBE-owned Bighit Music, which manages BTS, said in a separate statement.

the-evil-is-defeated.gif

• YAAASSS 1
  • LMAO 3

5 hours ago, Kipper said:

Well, they are the BTS Army after all 😞

I won't particularly miss them but still wish them the best of luck, I would not choose to spend a day in a military of any sort, much less years. I can't imagine being forced to.

You're totally right. Mandatory conscription is horrible and sexist :vacuum: If it was anyone else who had to do it I would feel bad but at this point I'm just happy to get a break from them :cackle: 

3 hours ago, cmiley said:

Looking forward to their next single “Military Hell” in 2025. K-Pop stans on Twitter will go nuts over it as usual.

Stay tuned for the military reality show we'll get from them in 12 months time as well :awkwardney: I'll be curious to see what stories we get of how they're being treated by the other soldiers. 

• Like 2

On 10/19/2022 at 1:34 AM, Kipper said:

😞

I won't particularly miss them but still wish them the best of luck, I would not choose to spend a day in a military of any sort, much less years. I can't imagine being forced to.

Couldn't agree more.

I read somewhere they are happpy to do it, they're of course forced to say it, but it's so cringe... 

Happy to go to army? 

One should be supposed to be happy when he's invited to a friend's birthday party not when forced to join the army for years... 

On 10/19/2022 at 3:07 PM, Heartbreak Anthem said:

Three years of silence? Thank goodness. 

lol 😆

Ot K-Pop consideration: I didn't know much about K-Pop until around one year ago,  but the feeling towards all these samey interchangeable groups was instinctively pretty repulsive for some reason.

I felt I needed some extra information so I watched a couple documentaries cause I really wanted to understand.

Guess I'll never post anything about it because my broken English might mess things up and I don't wanna be definitely called racist or ignorant again for bad wording concepts. 

But I guess my meh feelings towards K-Pop found an explanation. 

The masterpost with K-Pop writers demos was super good though and made me want to know more about it. 

Edited by 808Dream
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...