Britney Spears & Mother Join The #FreeBritney Movement

0512-britney-spears-insta-2.jpg

Britney Spears has joined the social media movement to free her from her conservatorship, and she told the judge as much Friday when she was in court.

Sources with direct knowledge tell TMZ, Britney has done an about-face, now telling the judge her father, Jamie Spears, committed her to a mental health facility a month ago against her will and also forced her to take drugs. We're also told mother Lynne Spears' lawyer echoed the allegation.  

As we reported, Lynne has been staying at Britney's home for more than a week. TMZ has reported, Lynne became alarmed when she read various posts on social media that Jamie was allegedly forcing Britney into the mental health facility where she stayed for 30 days, and that he ordered doctors to ply her with certain drugs. FYI, Jamie does not have the power to do either.

TMZ broke the story, Britney spent 30 days at an L.A. mental health facility after she began rapidly going downhill ... she stopped taking the drugs that kept her stable after they stopped working and doctors still have been unable to find the right combination.

As we reported, Jamie Spears does not have the power under the conservatorship to either commit Britney against her will or to ply her with drugs against her will. A mental health facility that accepted an adult patient against that patient's will when the conservator did not have such power would be committing a crime.

Britney wants more freedom and asked the judge for certain adjustments ... but didn't get them. Sources tell us Britney would like to end the conservatorship, which has been operating for 11-plus years.  

The judge took no action and has ordered an expert to evaluate Britney and until that happens there will be no change in the conservatorship ... but it has clearly created a family war.

I'm curious as to what people who were against the #FreeBritney movement are thinking now... :mo: 

OMG is this actually true? I would be so happy for Britney she needs to take control of her life. Her father should not be living such a lavish lifestyle while Britney has to be held against her will at a mental health facility. This conservatorship needs to end!

• Like 1

I was critical of the movement and how it was unfolding on social media in a chaotic and frenzied fashion, but of course I support Britney and her right to advocate for herself. It's great that she attended the hearing, spoke about what she wants and made requests. I hope that this leads to positive changes for her, but I feel like if the end goal for her is to get out of the conservatorship that will be a long process.

On 5/14/2019 at 12:53 AM, Tweener said:

But there was a video of her speaking. Not just a caption

All she said in the video was that she was taking some time off and not to worry about her. She didn't confirm or deny anything about being sent against her will or the medication she's on.

15 hours ago, Skinny Legend said:

All she said in the video was that she was taking some time off and not to worry about her. She didn't confirm or deny anything about being sent against her will or the medication she's on.

I suppose the take away is that by filming the video saying she's ok and asking fans not to worry, she also agrees with the caption that went along with it if it wasn't written by her. It's difficult to know for certain, but I do feel like Britney's a very private person especially post-2007 where her life was under an intense microscope of public scrutiny and would be mortified by everyone discussing her life like this.

On 5/16/2019 at 1:19 PM, coolaideonfire said:

I suppose the take away is that by filming the video saying she's ok and asking fans not to worry, she also agrees with the caption that went along with it if it wasn't written by her. It's difficult to know for certain, but I do feel like Britney's a very private person especially post-2007 where her life was under an intense microscope of public scrutiny and would be mortified by everyone discussing her life like this.

I really highly doubt that they would have run the caption by her. If she was still in the facility at that point, they probably even had to bring a phone in because she wouldn't have been allowed phones in there at all. They wouldn't have sat down with her to plan out social media strategy given how much stress she was under.

To make matters shadier, TMZ posted an "exclusive interview" with Larry Rudolph a couple of days ago saying that Britney may never perform again. Around the same time, whoever's running Britney's Insta posted a video of her KILLING some choreography.

Fans said that the video was taken last year when she was wearing exactly the same outfit, and there's the exact same two pieces of paper on the floor. TMZ's sources are denying this, but Lynne Spears liked an Instagram post about it. At the same time, TMZ found Britney for some paparazzi shots where she said that she would "of course" perform again. She seemed to be in super high spirits and way happier than I've seen her since back in the Glory days.

It's all super confusing tbh and I really have no idea whose "side" TMZ is on. At this point all I'm believing is whatever I hear from Britney herself.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Skinny Legend said:

To make matters shadier, TMZ posted an "exclusive interview" with Larry Rudolph a couple of days ago saying that Britney may never perform again. Around the same time, whoever's running Britney's Insta posted a video of her KILLING some choreography.

Fans said that the video was taken last year when she was wearing exactly the same outfit, and there's the exact same two pieces of paper on the floor. TMZ's sources are denying this, but Lynne Spears liked an Instagram post about it. At the same time, TMZ found Britney for some paparazzi shots where she said that she would "of course" perform again. She seemed to be in super high spirits and way happier than I've seen her since back in the Glory days.

It's all super confusing tbh and I really have no idea whose "side" TMZ is on. At this point all I'm believing is whatever I hear from Britney herself.

Very confusing, as always, lol. I guess people on all sides are feeding the narrative for TMZ and that's why their reporting is getting messy. I'm inclined to believe whatever Britney herself says, or is reported to say I suppose, too. If she says she'll perform again, I believe that. She's reported to have claimed her father admitted her against her will during the court hearing, so I believe that (although you have to wonder who's telling the media this when it was a closed hearing?).

The judge in the case has also ordered an investigation into the conservatorship with a report expected to be filed by September. I guess if there's anything untoward it'll be flagged up and the truth of the matter will eventually come out: https://theblast.com/britney-spears-conservatorship-investigation-advisors-report/

6 hours ago, coolaideonfire said:

Very confusing, as always, lol. I guess people on all sides are feeding the narrative for TMZ and that's why their reporting is getting messy. I'm inclined to believe whatever Britney herself says, or is reported to say I suppose, too. If she says she'll perform again, I believe that. She's reported to have claimed her father admitted her against her will during the court hearing, so I believe that (although you have to wonder who's telling the media this when it was a closed hearing?).

The judge in the case has also ordered an investigation into the conservatorship with a report expected to be filed by September. I guess if there's anything untoward it'll be flagged up and the truth of the matter will eventually come out: https://theblast.com/britney-spears-conservatorship-investigation-advisors-report/

That point about who's reporting to the media in a closed hearing is really interesting...There's so much corruption around this whole issue and it seems like poor Britney's caught in the middle. :yeah: I guess we have no choice but to wait, although September really seems like a long time away. :( 

• 2 years later...

Really good write up from the New York Times about Britney and Jamie’s relationship, including lots of stuff I hadn’t heard before:

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/06/22/arts/music/britney-spears-conservatorship.html#click=https://t.co/Ff3sQyRKVG

How he got appointed into this role and has managed to keep it is just beyond me. He’s like the Donald Trump of conservators.

• Sad 1

Grew up listening to her music, it's so sad seeing her like that, her Instagram posts clearly show the distress. 

Can just her mother take care of her and kick Jamie in the ass? 

Why judges insist she must stay under his conservatoship when he's clearly unfit?