Britney Is Free- But Did Her Career Get Stolen In Advance?

Cossip

Britney is getting ready to release her first song as a free woman. Meanwhile, many of her fans doubt her freedom. Lots of claims are overanalyzed and baseless outside of speculation. But what about her brand? and her music, at that?

Many musicians have companies put in place so they can hire people to work for them. Many of these companies include Smiley Miley Inc., Beyoncé Inc., and Mirage Entertainment Inc.. 

Britney, of course, had her own, but things seemed to have changed after she was placed under conservatorship. It could potentially even make her freedom from conservatorship irrelevant in regards to her career freedom and freedom to her own brand. (POTENTIALLY-- not to say she "isn't really free", but she might be stuck in some legal restrictions)

Generally, most of Britneys own companies we're dissolved post c-ship, or her positions in the companies were moved to Lou Taylor, or James P Spears.

To date, nothing has changed as of right now. Not to mention, James allagedly opened a multitude of random companies during the time Britney was under a conservatorship.

You may have heard of Brintey Brands, who's CEO was once James Spears, but there's a company called Miss Britney Recording, that could pontentially hold the rights to recordings done by Britney Spears. Usually, the record label holds the rights to the masters. But at any point, Britneys money could have been used to purchase the rights to any song with no public knowledge. 

The CEO of MBR was once Jamie Spears. The CEO now appears to be Micheal Kane.(PDF) Exhale users believe the agent, EResidentAgent, is Lou Taylor.

Could Britneys music & brand possibly still be used to date as a cash cow for the people working against her?

Selena Gomez and Black Eyed Peas collaborations are on its way. She will probably start/continue/finish whatever B10 , have her last era and retire; I don't even see a tour happening. She will probably end up doing philanthropy and/or dropping a beauty line. The book will be also be out at some point. I also think she might start going 100% to acting since she has always wanted to be an actress but nobody was letting her get good roles after Crossroads and when they were offered her team (Cship) denied all of them because they were 'bad career' choices.  She has previously said that she's practically done with music, she has contractual obligations of course but she will probably use B10 as her freedom album and after that they will probably drop a Greatest Hits with some outtakes but nothing else in the future.

Idk...She seems to have been interested in recording another album for at least a year or so at this point. I think that without the pressures of promo and touring, and with the ability to experiment with whatever sounds and co-writers she likes, she may find this album process a lot more fun and interesting than her last few. I wouldn't be surprised if she started modelling her career after Beyoncé, releasing albums with a bunch of music videos every few years but with no worry about chart positions or huge promo tours (and in Britney's case, maybe no tours at all). As long as she's happy then I don't really mind what she does!

8 hours ago, Leaving said:

Idk...She seems to have been interested in recording another album for at least a year or so at this point. I think that without the pressures of promo and touring, and with the ability to experiment with whatever sounds and co-writers she likes, she may find this album process a lot more fun and interesting than her last few. I wouldn't be surprised if she started modelling her career after Beyoncé, releasing albums with a bunch of music videos every few years but with no worry about chart positions or huge promo tours (and in Britney's case, maybe no tours at all). As long as she's happy then I don't really mind what she does!

Tiny Dancer was recorded in 2015.

I agree, if she’s not gonna actually use her recourses then it doesn’t matter. But she’s “releasing music” and “in talks with doing a vegas residency” which makes absolutely no sense because someone else still owns the touring company and MISS BRITNEY RECORDING, INC. She would essentially still be slaving away for Lou Taylor as an employee and not a conservatee. It isn’t taken seriously as it should be by her fans. As her listeners i feel we have the right to know where our money is going. 

9 hours ago, Leaving said:

She said in court she did not want to make music anymore 

On 8/15/2022 at 1:44 AM, Cossip said:

Tiny Dancer was recorded in 2015.

I agree, if she’s not gonna actually use her recourses then it doesn’t matter. But she’s “releasing music” and “in talks with doing a vegas residency” which makes absolutely no sense because someone else still owns the touring company and MISS BRITNEY RECORDING, INC. She would essentially still be slaving away for Lou Taylor as an employee and not a conservatee. It isn’t taken seriously as it should be by her fans. As her listeners i feel we have the right to know where our money is going. 

Maybe it was, but the emails that leaked a year or so ago talked about her looking for an executive producer for her new album, so she's been thinking about it for at least that long

…that’s all a lot to think about…

After everything, I’ll keep a little hopeful for her.  As a general observer, it seems like there’s progress. The Elton John colab is officially coming out- regardless of if it has been in the pipeline. Sounds like she’s excited at doing music her way, and with such publicity with everything, it’ll be scrutinized for dirt. Is any artist not slaving away to some company in some way or another anyway? 🤷‍♂️ Idk

• Like 1