Down Voted Club: What happened to PopHatesFlops?

jlnsgr

What should happen to the downvote button?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. What should happen to the downvote button?

• Keep the downvote button as is
    • Remove the downvote button entirely
    • Stop the downvote button from affecting reputation
    • Stop new users from being able to react to things

@Skinny Legend  I just saw the options in your poll. Even though I still do not think we need a down vote button, I do think the third option (Stop the downvote button from affecting reputation) is the next best way to address this issue.   I never thought of that.  But I like it.   

I also like the 4th option as well.  Maybe we could do that one as well.  At least until they get to a certain number of posts. 

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Whoknowsmehere said:

@Skinny Legend  I just saw the options in your poll. Even though I still do not think we need a down vote button, I do think the third option (Stop the downvote button from affecting reputation) is the next best way to address this issue.   I never thought of that.  But I like it.   

I also like the 4th option as well.  Maybe we could do that one as well.  At least until they get to a certain number of posts. 

I'd say the fourth option would be cool as well, at least until they get to know how do we treat each other in the forum, out of jokes and all that :rofl: but the third option is something I didn't think about either and maybe the best option.

I think that the downvote button should still exist, HOWEVER, users who abuse it like this need to be banned all together.

It's getting absolutely ridiculous.

(I mean, to make it easy, just don't allow Melanie stans to join, because that seems to be the trend of downvoters...)

• 2 months later...
On 4/22/2019 at 3:40 PM, Volcanion said:

I think that the downvote button should still exist, HOWEVER, users who abuse it like this need to be banned all together.

It's getting absolutely ridiculous.

(I mean, to make it easy, just don't allow Melanie stans to join, because that seems to be the trend of downvoters...)

im a melanie stan, but i upvote almost every post i come across.

5 hours ago, Vixen Eyes said:

@Whoknowmehere (also a dupe/fake account)

Not a Dupe.  It is most definitely........A FAKE.  Using the term Dupe, could give others the impression that I have two accounts  Not only that, but it could also imply that I am one of the Disgusting Idiots who have been on a down vote terror as of late.  I have worked extremely hard since joining PHF to prove myself to be an honest and trustworthy member.  Please be careful how you word your statements.  I have one account.  And only one account.  That individual got me for around 300 down votes all by his/her self.  I went from over 1000 to just over 500 in less than a day.  And that does not include all the down votes I got in the first round of the "Great Down Vote" wars of 2019.  In total, I have probably lost around 1300 or so up votes. 

I am....The ONE....The ONLY....Whoknowsmehere. 

AKA...................................The King of Flac.

King.jpg

AKA - Big Daddy to @Skinny Legend......Ooooops.  Sorry.  That was supposed to remain private. 

Love Bunny.gif

On 7/22/2019 at 2:56 AM, Whoknowsmehere said:

Not a Dupe.  It is most definitely........A FAKE.  Using the term Dupe, could give others the impression that I have two accounts  Not only that, but it could also imply that I am one of the Disgusting Idiots who have been on a down vote terror as of late.  I have worked extremely hard since joining PHF to prove myself to be an honest and trustworthy member.  Please be careful how you word your statements.  I have one account.  And only one account.  That individual got me for around 300 down votes all by his/her self.  I went from over 1000 to just over 500 in less than a day.  And that does not include all the down votes I got in the first round of the "Great Down Vote" wars of 2019.  In total, I have probably lost around 1300 or so up votes. 

I am....The ONE....The ONLY....Whoknowsmehere. 

AKA...................................The King of Flac.

King.jpg

AKA - Big Daddy to @Skinny Legend......Ooooops.  Sorry.  That was supposed to remain private. 

Love Bunny.gif

no i meant another user made a 2nd to downvote you.

i never said that it was you.

2 hours ago, Vixen Eyes said:

no i meant another user made a 2nd to downvote you.

i never said that it was you.

I know you did not mean it was me.  That is why I said..."It could give others that impression".  But I do appreciate you clarifying that.  Thanks.

• 6 months later...

Archived