Down Voted Club: What happened to PopHatesFlops?

jlnsgr

What should happen to the downvote button?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. What should happen to the downvote button?

• Keep the downvote button as is
    • Remove the downvote button entirely
    • Stop the downvote button from affecting reputation
    • Stop new users from being able to react to things

Hey true PHF family,

I didn't think I would actually have to say something about it, but today, we reached a new level in the craziness of some "member(s)" of PHF.

About an hour ago, I received 100 notifications and as I expected it, they were all downvotes coming for some nobody member.

Screen Shot 2019-04-20 at 1.45.14 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-04-20 at 1.44.21 PM.png

The problem is that that member as multiple accounts on PHF and is using them to spread negativity on this forum without facing any consequences due to the fact that those fake accounts are empty.

@Me and Melanie @Mrs. Potato Head and probably even more melanie rats accounts.

Screen Shot 2019-04-20 at 1.46.22 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-04-20 at 1.45.51 PM.png

The past few months, the forum has become a place where I don't even feel like sharing anything due to how badly it has changed since the arrival of some new members.

I don't know how most of you feel about it or even if you share my opinion on the subject, but I think it is time we do something to gain back our forum and spread some positivity instead of disrespect.

I know it's impossible to block all those people but I think we can easily change some rules to make it all better. Such as:

• In order to prevent fake accounts, new members should not have the right to downvote anything until their account turns a year old.
  • If someone is being disrespectful (despite being warned a few times), their account should be removed. It probably won't fix the problem but, at least, it's gonna annoy the fuck out of them.
  • Some popular sections of the forum should be forbidden to members with less than 100 posts.
  • The ignore user option should work both ways, I don't see the post of not seeing their posts if they can see mine.

Whether you agree or not with me or just want to come up with more solutions, feel free to share your thoughts.

Julien

EDIT: I forgot to say something. I don't even care about those downvotes. I only care about making sure this place stays the same and that no one feel like they are part of a bad community. I love music and sharing my thoughts about it, as much as my masterposts or latest leaked tracks. I just don't want to do that and have complete assholes coming and ruining everything because they think that since they are behind their screen, they are the shit.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, jlnsgr said:

About an hour ago, I received 100 notifications and as I expected it, they were all downvotes coming for some nobody member.

Like I said before, these two members (although I have a feeling they are the same person), down voted me around 240 times in appx. 20 minutes.  I have been saying - and I will keep saying it - The "Down Vote" Button needs to be removed from the board.  If you don't have the guts to say what you think, and all you can do is hit a little button and think that makes you a big person, then you do not deserve to even be a part of this board. 

Me and Melanie has been a member here for over a year and has not made one single post.  But I do know that their fingers work, since they have no problem hitting the down vote button. 

16 minutes ago, jlnsgr said:

The past few months, the forum has become a place where I don't even feel like sharing anything

That is why I said the other day during my wild rant in the chat box, that for the time being, maybe longer, I am only sharing through PM's.  Although I did share a link to a song earlier today as a gesture of goodwill. 

18 minutes ago, jlnsgr said:

I know it's impossible to block all those people

I blocked both of those names earlier, except for the chat box option.  I left that open.

19 minutes ago, jlnsgr said:

In order to prevent fake accounts, new members should not have the right to downvote anything until their account turns a year old.

Again, no one should be able to down vote another members post.   If you are unhappy with another member, at least have the courage to speak up. 

27 minutes ago, jlnsgr said:

Some popular sections of the forum should be forbidden to members with less than 100 posts.

I agree.  I don't want to put too much of a burden on @Skinny Legend but there has to be a way to accomplish these measures. 

29 minutes ago, jlnsgr said:

Whether you agree or not with me

Totally agree.   I was beginning to think that I was the only one with these feelings.  I am glad to see that I am not. 

In fact, I just lost another 100 up votes since the last time I logged on a few hours ago.  And I did not even get any notifications of this happening.  WTF is up with that. 

P.S.  I was under the impression that when you block someone that they cannot even see your posts, let alone down vote them.  I don't want be too over dramatic as I love this place.  But it may be time to seriously consider moving on this does not get fixed.  And soon. 

PLEASE @Skinny Legend  Do Something About this.  SOON. 

2 minutes ago, Whoknowsmehere said:

In fact, I just lost another 100 up votes since the last time I logged on a few hours ago.  And I did not even get any notifications of this happening.  WTF is up with that. 

Well, you can thank @Mrs. Potato Head for that.

Glad to see I'm not the only one affected by some people that clearly need to see their psychotherapist.

6 minutes ago, Whoknowsmehere said:

Me and Melanie has been a member here for over a year and has not made one single post.  But I do know that their fingers work, since they have no problem hitting the down vote button. 

That's why their account should be simply deleted. I don't see the point of keeping this account alive.

1 minute ago, jlnsgr said:

Well, you can thank @Mrs. Potato Head for that.

Glad to see I'm not the only one affected by some people that clearly need to see their psychotherapist.

I know exactly who it is.  That is why I said I think they might be the same person.   Almost 400 down votes in the last couple of days. 

Just now, Whoknowsmehere said:

I know exactly who it is.  That is why I said I think they might be the same person.   Almost 400 down votes in the last couple of days. 

I don't think, I know they are. I have proof of it!

Lets burn down the witch :evil:

1 minute ago, jlnsgr said:

I don't think, I know they are. I have proof of it!

Even if they are using different Emails, if they are using the same computer, the IP should be easily readable by @Skinny Legend

Unless they are using the computer for one acct. and a phone for another.  But whatever it is, they sure must have a miserable life if all they have to do is go around down voting well respected members of the board.  I sure hope it makes him/them feel like a real big person. 

3 minutes ago, Whoknowsmehere said:

@Skinny Legend  How can someone Continue to down vote your posts when you have blocked them? 

Because they can still see your posts. That's something that doesn't make sense to me. Someone can still talk shit about you, while you have no way to acknowledge it.

2 minutes ago, jlnsgr said:

Because they can still see your posts. That's something that doesn't make sense to me. Someone can still talk shit about you, while you have no way to acknowledge it.

That makes no freaking sense.   Then what is the point of blocking someone.  I put a check mark next to all these options in the ignore user list:

Posts, Messages, Signature, & Mentions.  The only one I did not check mark was the chat feature. 

@jlnsgr It may be time to make it so that only people that have shared content can use any of the features on the board.  If you do not share content, you are restricted to read and comment only option until you have reached a certain amount of content postings.  Commenting on a post does not qualify as content.

2 hours ago, jlnsgr said:

Hey true PHF family,

I didn't think I would actually have to say something about it, but today, we reached a new level in the craziness of some "member(s)" of PHF.

Screen Shot 2019-04-20 at 1.45.14 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-04-20 at 1.44.21 PM.png

The problem is that that member as multiple accounts on PHF and is using them to spread negativity on this forum without facing any consequences due to the fact that those fake accounts are empty.

@Me and Melanie @Mrs. Potato Head and probably even more melanie rats accounts.

Screen Shot 2019-04-20 at 1.46.22 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-04-20 at 1.45.51 PM.png

The past few months, the forum has become a place where I don't even feel like sharing anything due to how badly it has changed since the arrival of some new members.

I don't know how most of you feel about it or even if you share my opinion on the subject, but I think it is time we do something to gain back our forum and spread some positivity instead of disrespect.

I know it's impossible to block all those people but I think we can easily change some rules to make it all better. Such as:

• In order to prevent fake accounts, new members should not have the right to downvote anything until their account turns a year old.
  • If someone is being disrespectful (despite being warned a few times), their account should be removed. It probably won't fix the problem but, at least, it's gonna annoy the fuck out of them.
  • Some popular sections of the forum should be forbidden to members with less than 100 posts.
  • The ignore user option should work both ways, I don't see the post of not seeing their posts if they can see mine.

Whether you agree or not with me or just want to come up with more solutions, feel free to share your thoughts.

Julien

EDIT: I forgot to say something. I don't even care about those downvotes. I only care about making sure this place stays the same and that no one feel like they are part of a bad community. I love music and sharing my thoughts about it, as much as my masterposts or latest leaked tracks. I just don't want to do that and have complete assholes coming and ruining everything because they think that since they are behind their screen, they are the shit.

Me too I had 100 points and they lowered me to 70 

I'll have to completely agree with @jlnsgr

Ever since the Joan incident, we've been getting accounts like @Major Lazer who are only here to downvote other members and cause drama for literally no reason. 

It really pains me as this forum used to be active in a good way, but it's turning into an immature Call Of Duty server with 12 year olds who still think "your mom" jokes are funny.

One of the best things in PHF is the freedom we have. I've never been in a forun where you could start fun drama, share download links and express your opinions regardless if they're offensive or not. However, some people are abusing of this privilege and if things keep going that way, we'll end up like that forum that shall not be named. 

I love this forum for the memories I've made and the few flawless members who have been like a family to me for the past two years, but honestly things are starting to get out of hand. 

Archived