Britney Admitted to Mental Health Facility

c2374e7070189053cd318efb6d701d2a?width=6

Britney Spears has been committed to a mental health facility, it’s been reported today.

The singer was admitted as she has been “distraught” over her father’s poor health, and has been living in the facility for about a week, TMZ reports. She is expected to remain there for 30 days.

The news comes exactly three months after Spears’ shock announcement that she would be cancelling a planned Las Vegas residency and putting her career on indefinite hiatus so that she could take care her of her ailing father, Jamie Spears.

Spears appeared to acknowledge her situation today in her first Instagram post since announcing her retreat from the public eye.

“I don’t even know where to start with this, because this is so tough for me to say,” Spears wrote in an Instagram announcement on January 5, telling fans that her new Las Vegas residency planned to open just weeks later had been abruptly canned.

“I’ve been looking forward to this show and seeing all of you this year, so doing this breaks my heart. However, it’s important to always put your family first … and that’s the decision I had to make. A couple of months ago, my father was hospitalised and almost died. We’re all so grateful that he came out of it alive, but he still has a long road ahead of him. I had to make the difficult decision to put my full focus and energy on my family at this time. I hope you all can understand.”

Spears and her father have an incredibly close relationship: She remains under his court-appointed conservatorship, an arrangement first set up after her much-publicised mental breakdown in 2008.

Every purchase Britney makes is tracked in court documents to safeguard her fortune. She pays her dad $130,000 a year to manage her affairs, and until this year, her other conservator was lawyer Andrew M. Wallet.

According to Us Weekly, Wallet abruptly resigned his position in March and turned full control of Britney’s finances over to her father.

Her father’s sole control of her fortune comes as his health has faltered dramatically: TMZ reports that Jamie Spears has now had two surgeries to correct major issues with his intestines and colon, which started last year after his colon “spontaneously ruptured.”

Poor Britney seems to be really going through it. :( Please everyone keep her in your thoughts and let's hope she makes a safe recovery!

• Sad 2

Oh no.  This news makes me very sad.  Especially for her dad going through his illness.  Which seems to be quite serious.  I have a friend who just went through a very rough time with her mom's illness.  She was in hospice for almost two months.  If anyone does not know what that is.  It is when you are basically told you are not going to live and the best they can do is to try and make you as comfortable as possible.  Either in a hospice home, a hospital, or in your own home. 

I hope Britney gets the emotional help, and the rest she needs.  And her dad gets the help he needs. 

Found this article on TMZ.

https://www.tmz.com/2019/04/03/britney-spears-checks-into-mental-health-facility-father-bipolar-illness/

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, Whoknowsmehere said:

Oh no.  This news makes me very sad.  Especially for her dad going through his illness.  Which seems to be quite serious.  I have a friend who just went through a very rough time with her mom's illness.  She was in hospice for almost two months.  If anyone does not know what that is.  It is when you are basically told you are not going to live and the best they can do is to try and make you as comfortable as possible.  Either in a hospice home, a hospital, or in your own home. 

I hope Britney gets the emotional help, and the rest she needs.  And her dad gets the help he needs. 

Found this article on TMZ.

https://www.tmz.com/2019/04/03/britney-spears-checks-into-mental-health-facility-father-bipolar-illness/

I love how they put "bipolar illness" in the link and then never mentioned it in the actual article... :cackle: 

On 4/5/2019 at 1:31 PM, Cypher said:

I'm glad she's been able to bounce back at least for a few years and enjoy her career back on the rise. She deserves this time off and I hope she's able to be there for her father!

I just hope he turns out to be okay...If he ended up passing away I think it could be the end for not just him but Britney as well. :yeah: 

• Sad 1