Dynasty

hounderawr

7 hours ago, Countess said:

Which begs the question: what is the point of Dynasty without the catfights between Krystle/Crystal and Alexis? :hottie:

They'll probably introduce Dominique Deveraux for that department! Alexis vs. Dominique, while not as exciting as Alexis vs. Krystle, was always exciting. Or maybe Amanda Carrington?

• 4 weeks later...

ana_brenda_contreras_-_getty_-_h_2018.jp

Dynasty is recasting a key role for its second season, with an appropriately soapy twist.

Telenovela star Ana Brenda Contreras will join the drama as the "real" Cristal Flores, The CW announced during its time Monday at the Television Critics Association's summer press tour. The casting of Contreras comes on the heels of star Nathalie Kelley, who played Cristal in season one, announcing in June that she wouldn't return.

The CW president Mark Pedowitz said he was a "little surprised Nathalie spoke of the spoiler" in an interview before the network was ready to announce anything. He added, however, that the plan to introduce a new Cristal started gestating in Dynasty's writers room midway through last season.

Contreras playing the "real" Cristal implies that Kelley's character wasn't who she was. The season one finale left Cristal inside a burning house.

"It's a soap," Pedowitz said of the idea behind the recasting. "It's a wild soap. It's like a telenovela. You do things that make sense for the moment based on where the storyline's going. That's really all it's about."

Contreras most recently starred on Por Amar Sin Ley, which aired on Univision in the U.S. She also has starred on a number of other telenovelas; Dynasty will mark the actress' first English-language role.

The second season of Dynasty is set to bow Friday, Oct. 12, at 8 p.m. ET/PT on The CW.

maddison-brown.jpg

The Carringtons’ latest threat comes from within their own walls.

Australian actress Maddison Brown is joining the cast of Dynasty in Season 2 as a series regular, TVLine has learned, playing the role of Kirby Anders. The daughter of Carrington estate manager Joseph Anders, Kirby technically arrived on the scene in the final moments of the CW drama’s first season finale, though viewers can now put a face to that foreboding voice.

According to the network, “Kirby grew up in the staff’s living quarters with her father … and sides more with the downstairs occupants than the upstairs. She has a fraught history with the Carringtons, specifically a tempestuous relationship with Fallon that was the reason for Kirby’s exile from the Manor years ago. And while she returns to Atlanta to make amends with her father, she will certainly continue wreaking havoc on the Carringtons.”

Personally speaking, there were other options for Kirby Anders. Honestly, I would have cast someone from daytime in the role, who could actually make Kirby a worthwhile character. I never cared for her in the original, but they could've done something for the reboot.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/20/2018 at 4:26 AM, Ruthless Love said:

So, I only have the second part of the ninth season left, and I have to say that it was definitely lost by its eighth season. Though, the standout episode is Blake and Krystle's wedding. Beautifully done. Bravissimo!

Was season eight the dream season? :cackle: I always thought that was such a ridiculous plotline but more than anything I'm just amazed they even had the nerve to pull it off!

As for the new series...I'm surprised you even made it to episode nine. :wut: I think any soap in the modern age really has to have some kind of comedic twist and laugh at it's own cheesiness, but this version had none of that, and none of the catfights I tuned into the original for. I'm not here for it. :tragic:

3 hours ago, Skinny Legend said:

Was season eight the dream season? :cackle: I always thought that was such a ridiculous plotline but more than anything I'm just amazed they even had the nerve to pull it off!

As for the new series...I'm surprised you even made it to episode nine. :wut: I think any soap in the modern age really has to have some kind of comedic twist and laugh at it's own cheesiness, but this version had none of that, and none of the catfights I tuned into the original for. I'm not here for it. :tragic:

I don't think Dynasty had a dream season. I think you're thinking of Dallas.

6 hours ago, Skinny Legend said:

Something about that hair is giving me 80s Kyle Richards vibes... :stretcher: Is this girl from Passions or something?

No. That's Kimberlin Brown, who has played one of daytime's greatest villains Sheila Carter off and on since 1990 on CBS' The Young and the Restless and The Bold and the Beautiful. Sheila did some truly horrendous things in her glory days.

Just now, Ruthless Love said:

No. That's Kimberlin Brown, who has played one of daytime's greatest villains Sheila Carter off and on since 1990 on CBS' The Young and the Restless and The Bold and the Beautiful. Sheila did some truly horrendous things in her glory days.

We stan a villain with average acting skills and an iconic wardrobe! :yaskween::yaskween::yaskween: