Dynasty

hounderawr

A modernized reboot of the 1980s primetime soap follows two of America's wealthiest families, the Carringtons and the Colbys, as they feud for control over their fortune and their children. Told primarily through the perspectives of two women at odds -- Fallon Carrington, daughter of billionaire Blake Carrington; and her soon-to-be stepmother, Cristal, a Hispanic woman marrying into the WASP family -- "Dynasty" not only features the glitz and gloss of extreme wealth, but also exposes the dark underbelly of a corrupt world built on backroom deals.

holy shit this show is amazing, by the way ALL that happens in episode 1. I love Fallon, and the brother Steven Carrington but I want Fallon Carrington and Blair Waldorf to be BFFs. I actually stumbled on this by mistake, I was watching the holy grail new episode of Riverdale and then that popped up and started playing, so I watched it.

I love the bitch fight Fallon and Crystal (the new Step-Mum) get into. Liiiiiving.

sLJg6Gm.gif

5 minutes ago, Ruthless Love said:

It'll never top the O.G. series, though!

I didn't know this was a remake! I love the bitchfight in the first episode of the reboot though. I don't know who Alexis is on that youtube video, is that the first wife?

"Who the hell are you doing here?"

• YAAASSS 1

Just now, hounderawr said:

I didn't know this was a remake! I love the bitchfight in the first episode of the reboot though. I don't know who Alexis is on that youtube video, is that the first wife?

The "new" Dynasty is a remake of a series that ran from 1981 to 1989. The character of Alexis was introduced in the second season, as the first Mrs. Carrington, portrayed by Dame Joan Collins.

Here is the iconic lilypond fight:

Oooh, I love that. I kinda wana watch the OG series.

This is a trailer, but it has the bitchfight in it. I also found out from this that it's made by a producer from Gossip Girl, which was an awesome show so hopefully this one will be too.

Cos didn't one of the O.C producers, produce gossip girl? I remember something like that and that's how I found out about it and ended up binging the entire thing.

59 minutes ago, Ruthless Love said:

yet kept Hart of Dixie

Oh god, I don't watch that show but I've seen it around it looks absolutely shit.

Although The CW (We don't get it here but I know it carries a few TV shows) has shows like Supernatural, admittedly it's now just dragging along it was brilliant at the beginning it got stupid when they introduced those weird monsters from "Purgatory", they did however make it better when they got that lair thing that was sort of awesome.

I'd love to know what you guys think of the new Dynasty though, I think it shouldn't be too bad as it's got Gossip Girl producer and that was a brilliant show (aside from the ending, not Dan being Gossip Girl just how they ended such a good show so shitty). It was funny, it popped up after I'd watched the new ep of Riverdale I think what'll suck people in is Fallon and her brother, Fallon is a tougher Blair Waldorf and her brother just seems to cheer her on which makes for great TV.

Like Blair Waldolf always was amazing, a bitch but caring but she had her limits where as I don't think Fallon has limits she'll do whatever it takes.

On 16/10/2017 at 11:46 AM, Ruthless Love said:

They definitely did. The CW became dead to me when they cancelled Ringer after one season, yet kept Hart of Dixie, which was a horrible series.

i watched the whole Hart of Dixie even though it was a mess :cackle: Guess i love Rachel Bilson too much

On 16/10/2017 at 0:40 PM, hounderawr said:

Oh god, I don't watch that show but I've seen it around it looks absolutely shit.

Although The CW (We don't get it here but I know it carries a few TV shows) has shows like Supernatural, admittedly it's now just dragging along it was brilliant at the beginning it got stupid when they introduced those weird monsters from "Purgatory", they did however make it better when they got that lair thing that was sort of awesome.

I'd love to know what you guys think of the new Dynasty though, I think it shouldn't be too bad as it's got Gossip Girl producer and that was a brilliant show (aside from the ending, not Dan being Gossip Girl just how they ended such a good show so shitty). It was funny, it popped up after I'd watched the new ep of Riverdale I think what'll suck people in is Fallon and her brother, Fallon is a tougher Blair Waldorf and her brother just seems to cheer her on which makes for great TV.

Like Blair Waldolf always was amazing, a bitch but caring but she had her limits where as I don't think Fallon has limits she'll do whatever it takes.

I liked it after all, will definitely catch a few more episodes. Can you believe i never watched a single episode of Gossip Girl? But i trust them because of The OC :yaskween: 

I just got around to watching the first episode of this, and holy shit, I thought it was so bad... :shocked: It's like they took the stupidest tropes of a soap opera and mixed them with the dumbest traits of a teen drama. The plot was silly, the characters were unrelatable and the action was cheesy af. :stretcher: I'll give it a few more episodes before I completely write it off but I'm not impressed at all atm...