Dynasty

hounderawr

• 2 weeks later...

I am already in the third season of the ABC series, and something that The CW's version lacks is an overall classic edge; it's clear that Dynasty, for me, is not meant to work in any decade but the 19680's. Even Dynasty: The Reunion (based on snippets I've seen) lacked that special touch.

I will give it to The CW, however, for committing to make Steven Carrington an out man; I get why it didn't work in the '80s, due to the times, but they still could've handled it a bit better than they did. Even Al Corley recognized this, which is why he ultimately left at the conclusion of the second season. I am going to try and fully invest in The CW re-work sometime this summer before the second season launches. I wonder who they'll introduce in the second season, because they haven't completely followed the same line of events that the ABC run did. Amanda? Adam? Dominique? More of the Colby family? Kirby? Will Alexis appear more or less? These questions.....

• 2 weeks later...

nicollette.jpg

In what comes as a surprise to no one, soap diva Nicollette Sheridan (Alexis) has been upped to series regular when DYNASTY returns for its second season in the fall. The actress made her first appearance as the crafty Carrington matriarch, played by Joan Collins in the original, back in March. Sheridan, as prime-time soap fans well know, began her sudsy career on the short-lived PAPER DOLLS (ex-Taryn) in 1984, created a splash as KNOTS LANDING vixen, Paige, from 1986-93, and sealed her soapy status as the devious Edie on DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES (2004-09).

Soap Opera Digest

Yeah, I love the remake I've not seen the original would love too

Liz did a talk about this, she said she loved the original show but and she wanted to carry qualities from that show onto the new one but she also wanted to make the new one it's own. I'm really enjoying it, as the season sort of goes on it's less "overdramatised" and more sort of serious turning into an actual show which is a good thing and probably why it got renewed for season 2.

I also like it, cos it's essentially a now version of the show things that have changed like Stephen being actually gay, and just bits like that. 

That cliffhanger I agree @YoursTruly wow, haha. I was pissed but I understood why they left it where it was. 

Spoiler

I wana find out who locked them in that room originally, I know Culhane broke them out. I also hope that they figure out that the brother isn't actually they're brother and like they're mothers lover instead, when that twist happened and it showed that it wasn't actually they're brother and was the mothers plan I was like omg seriously

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/29/2018 at 11:53 PM, Ruthless Love said:

There's a reason she's a nobody. She was piss-poorly cast.

It's a shame that she wasted such a great opportunity for herself, but judging by the rumours it seems the role will be recast again anyway...Maybe after the fire she'll turn back into a white woman! :cackle:

On 7/14/2018 at 6:44 AM, Countess said:

It's a shame that she wasted such a great opportunity for herself, but judging by the rumours it seems the role will be recast again anyway...Maybe after the fire she'll turn back into a white woman! :cackle:

I have someone who works in the television industry, and he says, for the time being, the role is simply being written out with no recast.

16 hours ago, Ruthless Love said:

I have someone who works in the television industry, and he says, for the time being, the role is simply being written out with no recast.

Which begs the question: what is the point of Dynasty without the catfights between Krystle/Crystal and Alexis? :hottie: