Superbowl Halftime Show

YoursTruly

I was on a random youtube binge and came across Gaga's Superbowl Halftime show from just a few months ago and it got me wondering and I feel like we should have an open discussion on who we'd like to see take the stage.

Who do you think should grace us with a flawless performance for 13 minutes that will have us talking?

For me personally, I was watching Jennifer Lopez's American Music Award opening performance from a couple years ago and still remain floored, homegirl is a phenomenal dancer and has had some iconic tracks over the last 18 years. Just think about it, I could see her bringing her A game to put on a PERFORMANCE and the only thing that would bother me is how she'd have to be super selective with the songs

1 hour ago, Tweener said:

Britney won't do that cause it requires live singing.

Miley would slay. Or Xtina :yaskween:

Madonna didn't sing live but she still did the Superbowl tho :morning:

Xtina is irrelevant nowadays so that's a no for her and Miley would be great but I think she still needs a few more hits to do it ;) 

I think Kylie Minogue would be perfect but she's probably too campy and not famous enough in America :stretcher:

• YAAASSS 2

16 minutes ago, nanapop99 said:

Xtina is irrelevant nowadays so that's a no for her and Miley would be great but I think she still needs a few more hits to do it ;) 

I think Kylie Minogue would be perfect but she's probably too campy and not famous enough in America :stretcher:

I agree with every word! Britney would be great and i'm still hoping for it, but Xtina is not relevant anymore (i wouldn't mind if she was a guest at somebody else's show anyway)

I remember about some rumours of a Carrie Underwood headline a few years ago, and as much as i think it would be amazing and she's really big in US, i don't think that she's mainstream enough to keep the public interested, especially because the halftime ends up being a worldwide event

• YAAASSS 2

1 hour ago, nanapop99 said:

Kylie would be PERFECT, but her recognition in the States isn't strong enough to warrant a headlining gig on one of the most-watched television events.

• YAAASSS 1

JLo would be perfect. Britney would be sweet, but the lipsync backlash would be relentless. I would KILL to have Carrie do it and have a slue of special guests like Miranda and Kelsea. Taylor would be amazing as well. 

• YAAASSS 1

Y'all I didn't even THINK to think of Carrie, she would be awesome as well!

Rihanna would be great as well, she's had enough hits over the past decade to put on a great show; Britney or Christina would be the dream show, with Christina, she needs to get back out there with something big for Pop music to get everyone talking again and with Britney, if she could bring her A game with the energy and moves, I could look past the lip syncing, hell give us pre-recorded vocals for all I care

Tbh I can see Xtina doing a big comeback this year and slaying Halftime. She has A LOT of hits and she's still capable of being relevant. She has a huge fanbase.

I think Miley has enough hits at this point: the climb, pitusa, CBT, we can't stop, wrecking ball, malibu and she would probably add Inspired to spread love and LGBT agenda :yaskween:

They could offer P!nk to do it too, but I would hate it so let's pray they won't.

Shania Twain?

Taylor Swift :yuck:

Rihanna

JLo

Or Beyonce for the 92263919th time :yuck:

• YAAASSS 2