Superbowl Halftime Show

YoursTruly

I mean thinking about J.Lo's career over the past 18 years in music, I could definitely see them going for her strong singles from her eras:

• Waiting For Tonight (On The 6)
  • Love Don't Cost a Thing (J.Lo)
  • Jenny From the Block (This Is Me..Then)
  • Get Right (Rebirth)
  • On the Floor (Love?)

That honestly covers her more successful moments in music, they could throw in maybe Booty from A.K.A. to bring her through her last era, maybe Let's Get Loud or If You Had My Love, I'm Real (Murder Remix) could be thrown in just the same since it was such a successful release for her. Nothing from Brave because that pretty much flopped (sorry).

J. Lo would be great and she definitely has the repertoire for it, but I'm not sure if she's focused enough on her music career right now to want to do it...I feel like she's more busy with her Vegas show and TV opportunities. Britney would be amazing too but like @Zach said, she would be dragged by the public so I'd rather her keep herself safe and mentally healthy and not do it. :stretcher:

Honestly I think Rihanna would be great and she definitely has the hits! I'm just not sure she'd be quite family friendly enough for the Super Bowl...I hate to say it but I think Taylor may be the best choice. I don't even like her music that much but she has enough big singles to pull it off and the wholesome American image that the NFL likes.

• YAAASSS 1

On 7/12/2017 at 4:32 AM, Countess said:

J. Lo would be great and she definitely has the repertoire for it, but I'm not sure if she's focused enough on her music career right now to want to do it...I feel like she's more busy with her Vegas show and TV opportunities. Britney would be amazing too but like @Zach said, she would be dragged by the public so I'd rather her keep herself safe and mentally healthy and not do it. :stretcher:

Honestly I think Rihanna would be great and she definitely has the hits! I'm just not sure she'd be quite family friendly enough for the Super Bowl...I hate to say it but I think Taylor may be the best choice. I don't even like her music that much but she has enough big singles to pull it off and the wholesome American image that the NFL likes.

Yes on all points

• YAAASSS 1

If Carrie Underwood had done it this year, I would expect that her setlist would have looked something like:

Spoiler

Good Girl

Cowboy Casanova

Church Bells (with drum playing)

All-American Girl

See You Again (Wiz Khalifa mashup)

NKOTB Medley (with NKOTB)

Jesus Take The Wheel intro into Something In The Water

Before He Cheats

I'm sure it would differ slightly, depending on if her team wanted to push a current single or not, but she doesn't ALWAYS push a current single on major televised performances (see American Idol finale with SITW). With her new label and a goal to gain overseas accessibility, I could see them pushing for her to get the spot for this upcoming one and her releasing her first single/album right around the same time.

• YAAASSS 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/16/2017 at 6:37 AM, itskelan said:

If Carrie Underwood had done it this year, I would expect that her setlist would have looked something like:

Reveal hidden contents

I'm sure it would differ slightly, depending on if her team wanted to push a current single or not, but she doesn't ALWAYS push a current single on major televised performances (see American Idol finale with SITW). With her new label and a goal to gain overseas accessibility, I could see them pushing for her to get the spot for this upcoming one and her releasing her first single/album right around the same time.

That's true and I'm living for that setlist

On 7/16/2017 at 11:37 PM, itskelan said:

Reveal hidden contents

NKOTB? :orly: That's an interesting choice, but I guess they appeal to the same middle aged fanbase. :P Like you said, I think she'd put on a good show but she doesn't really have any international appeal at this point so I can't see them choosing her. :'( Maybe Kelly Clarkson could be a better choice?

I don't think Rihanna should do it. She proved at the VMAs last year that out of 4 five minute long performances she can get 1 at the most to be decent, and can't do choreo and even pretend to sing to a backing track (especially for the dance portion, which would be the hits in her discog the NFL would want to push to make an appearance). The only good thing that could come from it would be a decent Umbrella performance and she'd ruin the whole thing by letting Drake perform one of his verses. The reason Beyoncé, Gaga's, and Madonna's performances are all critically lauded is they actually have the ability to well, perform. Rihanna's never even been on Katy Perry's level of theatrics (which was what made her 2015 show interesting), so I just don't see it for her.

• YAAASSS 1

• 3 weeks later...