EUROVISION 2017 - Grand Final

Third Eye

1 minute ago, MeantToBeIconic said:

Ok BUT did y'all realize that Moldova, Portugal, AND Bulgaria all got their best results this year? 

What a crazy year. I didn't see ANY of this coming, none of my predictions were true, yet I'm so happy for the results. 

AND #JusticeForSpiritOfTheNight

Justice for what? Trash? oh my god, how can you like it, it got 0 points in the televote and 1 in the jury :cackle:

I still can't get over how bad this year's Eurovision was... The songs were average at best, not one song really stood out to me in any way... If I compare it to last year, with songs like 1944, Sound of Silence etc I just want to cry because it was so bad giphy.gif

Also, Romania's song is probably the worst song I heard in a long time. Yodeling to hip hop/rap beats? No thank you giphy.gif

• YAAASSS 1

On 21/5/2017 at 0:29 AM, MeantToBeIconic said:

Ok BUT did y'all realize that Moldova, Portugal, AND Bulgaria all got their best results this year? 

What a crazy year. I didn't see ANY of this coming, none of my predictions were true, yet I'm so happy for the results. 

AND #JusticeForSpiritOfTheNight

'Spirit of the Night' was kind of a hot mess but tbh it's everything I love about Eurovision... :stretcher: Vaguely talented singers making a fool of themselves on stage singing a cheesy af song? Perfect! :hail:

On 21/5/2017 at 3:19 AM, FREAK said:

I still can't get over how bad this year's Eurovision was... The songs were average at best, not one song really stood out to me in any way... If I compare it to last year, with songs like 1944, Sound of Silence etc I just want to cry because it was so bad giphy.gif

Also, Romania's song is probably the worst song I heard in a long time. Yodeling to hip hop/rap beats? No thank you giphy.gif

I don't think I watched all of last year but imo this year was really great! It had the big Europop dance tracks ('Hey Mamma'), the swooping ballads ('Apollo'), the crazy ridiculous shit (whoever the yodellers were :stretcher: ) and the winner was completely left of centre. I loved it and it's the first Eurovision album I've ever downloaded!

• YAAASSS 2

Just now, Countess said:

Yasss, great minds think alike! :yaskween: There really is a song for every mood on there!

You should hear previous albums, 2012-2017, 2009-2011 are OK but they are not necessary, 2017 > 2016 > 2015 (even if my all time fave Dami is from 2016, i enjoyed 2017 more)

23 hours ago, Third Eye said:

You should hear previous albums, 2012-2017, 2009-2011 are OK but they are not necessary, 2017 > 2016 > 2015 (even if my all time fave Dami is from 2016, i enjoyed 2017 more)

Maybe I'll check out the top five from those years, but there's so much on there to listen to it becomes exhausting... :'( Why has there gotta be so many countries in Europe?

On 22.5.2017 at 10:12 AM, Countess said:

'Spirit of the Night' was kind of a hot mess but tbh it's everything I love about Eurovision... :stretcher: Vaguely talented singers making a fool of themselves on stage singing a cheesy af song? Perfect! :hail:

I don't think I watched all of last year but imo this year was really great! It had the big Europop dance tracks ('Hey Mamma'), the swooping ballads ('Apollo'), the crazy ridiculous shit (whoever the yodellers were :stretcher: ) and the winner was completely left of centre. I loved it and it's the first Eurovision album I've ever downloaded!

Spoiler

Why do I always forget to reply when someone quotes me? :cypher:

Idk maybe because I still listen to most of the 2016 competitors today? I think that because of last year with Jamala, Dami Im etc. my expectations were too high this year :cypher:

Anyways, I still look forward to next year. I think I'll like it more, maybe I just wasn't in the mood for the typical Eurovision songs this year :D

• YAAASSS 2