Bonnie McKee - Hot City (aka Epic Album)

Muri

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, zaynphallic said:

Well, this thread has been a ghost town lately!

Did anyone listen to the live podcast that Bonnie did with Lindsey Stirling (whoever that is) yesterday? I didn't listen myself (and I can't find a recording of it) but someone on another forum posted that Bonnie said she does NOT own the masters to the Epic songs – despite saying many times that she did acquire them – and she is still in negotiations to release them. Y'all I'm so tired.

Anyway, looks like she has a new Christmas song coming out tomorrow with Lindsey Stirling (who?)

Screen Shot 2022-10-06 at 8.27.17 AM.png

I listened. Yes, she does not have the masters to the songs. I’ll post my screen cap of the only relevant part when I get home. They talked about the song on the podcasty thing

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, izzzyyy said:

Thank you for sharing this. I appreciate that she said she’s working on getting the masters and working with Sony so she can release the songs. It does sound like something actively is going to happen, and she’s been recently doing a lot of podcast where she talks about this the last few months. 

Edited by ClubValentine
  • Like 2

The last text on the video is requesting everyone to follow her on Spotify. I think we’re getting something very very soon.

on her Spotify podcast, she mentioned she’s trying to really grow on TikTok before she put out an album or something like that

Edited by ClubValentine
  • Like 2

I must confess that I'm way too attached to that leaked folder called EPIC LOVE. For me, that's precisely how Bonnie intended it to be, the tracklist order matches perfectly to an official release.

I get so confused when I see people making a different tracklist order, putting SLAY in the middle instead of the opening track. You guys, "Welcome to the part of the show....." that's an album opening line. There's the obvious transition between Forever 21 and Hot City.

SLAY, F21, HC, HMU, those are the REAL first tracks in the album, it's written in the stars, c'mon.

I like to think that this EPIC LOVE folder was leaked by Bonnie herself, to give us a real glance at what it could have been. Am I delusional? Is bonnie between us in this forum?

I've listened recently to some different versions of IWFCU, Electric Heaven and others, and they don't sound IMPROVED to me. They sound like experiments. I don't like the "oooooh"s on the IWFCU chorus. SO I'M REALLY AFRAID OF THE POSSIBILITY THAT ALL TRACKS WILL SOUND DIFFERENT AND TWEAKED AND "UPDATED".

Speaking for myself, I want the OG real 2010s bop revival, exactly like the EPIC LOVE folder but with super ultra high bitrate. I don't want things that sound like 2022. 2022 is crap. How you guys feel about that?

And just one more thing. Would Bonnie REALLY play with us with these tiktoks saying it's coming our way if it wasn't?

• Shook 1

I don't see SLAY as the opening track at all. 

The style is too different from the sound overall. I think it wouldn't make much sense to start the album with a song, that doesn't sound like most of it. Do I make sense? It makes sense to me. 

American Girl or Forever 21 would be great as a first track, in my opinion.

P.s. Crazy For Christmas Is sooo good but I don't like the violin. I know that's literally all that Lindsey does but it sounds annoying to me

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BraveNewSeth said:

Has Bonnie lied about this album before? Yes. But something feels different this time. She’s been building hype on TikTok and different podcasts. The album already has a photoshoot and name. And now this last TikTok. I believe her this time. 

Yeah, if I were her I wouldn't waste all that attention with a lie. After years of stanning her in her silent hiatus, I *do* believe her somehow.

1 hour ago, schami66 said:

I don't see SLAY as the opening track at all. 

The style is too different from the sound overall. I think it wouldn't make much sense to start the album with a song, that doesn't sound like most of it. Do I make sense? It makes sense to me. 

American Girl or Forever 21 would be great as a first track, in my opinion.

I think S.L.A.Y. is the perfect opening track. It kinda sets the tone for the record, and while it's much slower than the rest of the upbeat production of the songs we know from those sessions, I think it's the best way to open the album. That S-L-A-Y chant is iconic.

American Girl is completely out of the window, it was released 9 years ago and I bet Epic didn't give the rights of that song to her. As for Forever 21, I don't quite know how to describe it but I wouldn't choose that one as track #1 tbh. But who knows, I really want her to drop the tracklist already.

• Like 1

• Cypher changed the title to Bonnie McKee - Hot City (aka Epic Album)