Bonnie McKee - Hot City (aka Epic Album)

Muri

1 minute ago, onewish said:

i view her as the original CRJ. what carlybuilt up in2015 is what bonnie was building with this album

I completely agree! Bonnie's Epic album and CRJ's "Emotion" both capture the melodic and anthemic '80s pop throwback vibe perfectly. I hope one day we get to hear Carly's version of "When I'm Alone", and fingers crossed they work together again in the future.

• Like 1

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello everyone, new member and fellow bon bon here!
First of all I wanna say that I've always been a big fan of Bonnie and I'm so happy with the leaks, especially Hot City, I0ve been waiting for that one since I saw the live performance years ago, so THANK YOU!
I have a question for you, do we have an HQ version of Somebody's Gonna Get Hurt? I can't find it 😰

• Like 3

1 hour ago, zaynphallic said:

I adore Bonnie, and have been a diehard fan of hers forever, but I think one of the biggest things holding her back is constantly comparing herself to her peers. She had a record deal, then lost it. She had a second shot, then lost it again (unfairly might I add). She had something to prove with the Bombastic EP, and it was actually wildly successful and incredibly polished for an independent release. But I think she really struggles with being independent. In her mind everything needs to be executed like a major label artist, because that's all she knows. And, unfortunately, she seems to second guess herself a lot. It would be easy to assume she's frustrated and has a fear of failing giving the experiences she's had as a performer in the music industry. Ultimately, I think that's why we haven't gotten these songs as part of an official release. She put her heart and soul into them and doesn't want to just chuck them out to little fanfare. It seems she's really been putting a lot of effort into TikTok as of late, so hopefully that will help her build some momentum. It's just unfortunate that she seems to "come and go" on social media and hasn't released anything (apart from a few features here and there) in ages. If she put out consistent releases since Bombastic, I really feel like she could have built up a huge cult following like CRJ. Let's get real, it's not because of lack of material. Bonnie is sitting on a goldmine of bops. I wish she would just let go of the idea of trying to be the next Katy Perry and believe in herself and her craft and consistently put out music independently.

i agree completely!

9 minutes ago, FrankJoseph93 said:

Hello everyone, new member and fellow bon bon here!
First of all I wanna say that I've always been a big fan of Bonnie and I'm so happy with the leaks, especially Hot City, I0ve been waiting for that one since I saw the live performance years ago, so THANK YOU!
I have a question for you, do we have an HQ version of Somebody's Gonna Get Hurt? I can't find it 😰

hey!

and i was wondering last night the exact same thing. SGGH is a bop!

and no problem for leaking HC!

• YAAASSS 1

9 hours ago, followcher said:

Honestly if all you want from her are these songs then you’re not really a stan? A casual fan maybe? Bonnie is way more than just “the epic album”. Her entire discography I admire so much & am willing to forget this album if she asks us to cuz I know she has the ability to make more bops.

okay, but sis, don't tell people what stan they are or not.

if they like bonnie, they like bonnie, come on. that is NOT your place to decide for them. 🙄

49 minutes ago, BraveNewSeth said:

Do we know for sure Restless isn’t from the Epic sessions? If not, it fits SO well and flows seamlessly with the other songs. 

It's from later. If I'm not mistaken, it's from 2015, but not sure if it was particularly made during the Bombastic sessions or just recorded with a different purpose.

9 hours ago, followcher said:

i don't have it all? i have't asked her about the album since her show at the peppermint club i went to when i was in la.

im used to my faves pulling this shit. it's nothing new to me.

you can be shady, idc that's fine.

they literally said they WEREN'T shading you. i'm sorry but leave @BonnieMcChicken alone. 

and you said YOURSELF you HAVE the songs we want. Like Hitman, Hit Me Up and i'm sure you also have DGMGF. give it up. he/she did nothing wrong here.

26 minutes ago, Moonchild said:

Don't know if this has been mentioned before, but streets are saying Forever 21, Hitman, Mirage, Show Me Your Love and Don't Get Mad are circulating. That means there are chances for them to leak. Fingers crossed :yaskween: 

I don't know about Wild Card, Right Now or Hit Me Up, but honestly I don't mind them much. Forever 21 and DGMGF are the ones I want the most. :cry: 

Wicked, Candy, Legends Only and Terminate 'Em are also circulating.

Edited by Lonely
  • Like 3

41 minutes ago, Moonchild said:

Don't know if this has been mentioned before, but streets are saying Forever 21, Hitman, Mirage, Show Me Your Love and Don't Get Mad are circulating. That means there are chances for them to leak. Fingers crossed :yaskween: 

I don't know about Wild Card, Right Now or Hit Me Up, but honestly I don't mind them much. Forever 21 and DGMGF are the ones I want the most. :cry: 

hope they leak on dbree

• Like 2

• Cypher changed the title to Bonnie McKee - Hot City (aka Epic Album)