Bonnie McKee - Hot City (aka Epic Album)

Muri

did some digging and Sam Mehran was the name on the soundcloud but that account is basically wiped now

Here's what the description said thankfully genius had it saved in there:

The song’s remix was done by Cory Enemy and the late Sam Mehran. The remix was released temporarily on Sam’s SoundCloud account:

As stated previously, this upload was shortly deleted after it was posted. However the original description was archived by Bonnie’s fans:

It was late 2012, and my friend Cory Nitta said bonnie mckee wanted him to redo one of her songs so she sent him an acapella and an instrumental track. I scrapped the instrumental track and wrote all new chords and beats underneath the acapella and then Cory tightened up the production and mix. I was a little shocked how easy and fun it was to write over her vocals – anyone who can sing and write like that has a lot of my respect – anyways i went to a couple parties at her house and she seems pretty cool. I remember there was like an ASCAP award for “teenage dream” above her piano in the living room and i was like damn. So we sent this back to her and she loved it but nothing ended up happening with the song cos (NOTHING EVER ENDS UP HAPPENING WITH ANYBODY’S SONGS COS THERE IS A SMALL OLD DAVID LYNCH-IAN MAN IN A DARK ROOM SOMEWHERE IN THIS TOWN CONTROLLING EVERYTHING AND THERE IS NOTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT)

• Like 1

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, 4ever21 said:

the jenny's got a boyfriend remix was made by cory enemy and sam mehran. cory is alive, sam died in 2018

just clearing this up lol, i found the og link and description a while back, it's on the genius page of the song.

also accidentally found out the OG of jenny samples didnt mean to turn you on by cherrelle, popularized by mariah carey

sidebar: this is fucking heartbreaking (her deleting comments about the epic album and leaving fans on seen) leaks should not dictate whether or not these songs come out... but if she just doesn't believe in this era or album or these song anymore, why should we? we should accept her future endeavors, we should be looking forward to what path she takes with her artistry. she's more than these songs and she always has been (i prefer i want it all and the rest of the bombastic EP minus wasted youth over every single song from this era)

maybe we just need to have an open mind for her, let her move on from this era and let her create something new. idk its like 12am im rambling i just want her to release something i love her

oop just saw this, i guess you can disregard my post

2 minutes ago, followcher said:

did some digging and Sam Mehran was the name on the soundcloud but that account is basically wiped now

Here's what the description said thankfully genius had it saved in there:

The song’s remix was done by Cory Enemy and the late Sam Mehran. The remix was released temporarily on Sam’s SoundCloud account:

As stated previously, this upload was shortly deleted after it was posted. However the original description was archived by Bonnie’s fans:

It was late 2012, and my friend Cory Nitta said bonnie mckee wanted him to redo one of her songs so she sent him an acapella and an instrumental track. I scrapped the instrumental track and wrote all new chords and beats underneath the acapella and then Cory tightened up the production and mix. I was a little shocked how easy and fun it was to write over her vocals – anyone who can sing and write like that has a lot of my respect – anyways i went to a couple parties at her house and she seems pretty cool. I remember there was like an ASCAP award for “teenage dream” above her piano in the living room and i was like damn. So we sent this back to her and she loved it but nothing ended up happening with the song cos (NOTHING EVER ENDS UP HAPPENING WITH ANYBODY’S SONGS COS THERE IS A SMALL OLD DAVID LYNCH-IAN MAN IN A DARK ROOM SOMEWHERE IN THIS TOWN CONTROLLING EVERYTHING AND THERE IS NOTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT)

i never really liked the remix but i haven't heard it in forever. is it still online? 

Just now, 4ever21 said:

i know your comment was harmless but you completely missed the point of what i tried to say when i said move on. if she doesnt believe in this album herself why should we. thats what im trying to say

i get what you're saying. she's ready to move on. we're ready to move on. we just want her to release something. whatever it is.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, followcher said:

(NOTHING EVER ENDS UP HAPPENING WITH ANYBODY’S SONGS COS THERE IS A SMALL OLD DAVID LYNCH-IAN MAN IN A DARK ROOM SOMEWHERE IN THIS TOWN CONTROLLING EVERYTHING AND THERE IS NOTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT)

Could this be some hint into why the album is taking so long to come out?

• Like 1

I would just like to know if Bonnie has moved on or not. It’s this gray area that is confusing me. If Bonnie says to keep excited and she still has plans for these songs, I will and I have that direction as a invested fan of Bonnie McKee. If Bonnie McKee says to move on and she will scrap everything that leaked and write a new album I will move onto that while taking whatever demos dbree throws at me.

Edited by onewish
  • Like 2

Just now, onewish said:

I would just like to know if Bonnie has moved on or not. It’s this gray area that is confusing me. If Bonnie says to keep excited, I will and I have that direction as a invested fan of Bonnie McKee. If Bonnie McKee says to move on and she will scrap everything that leaked and write a new album I will move onto that while taking whatever demos dbree throws at me.

yeah that's how i feel. im super dedicated to her. i dead ass spent most of my day off today on here talking about this damn album ive been wanting for years. im more than willing to support her but once SHE decides what she wants to put to for me to support lol.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Theprettyymess said:

Can we just pay someone for forever 21? At this point- I may hop on 

weren't you dragging people who wanted to pay for songs earlier? and no one with it wants to let go of it, trust me i tried offering other artists songs to trade and NOTHING was making them budge

• Cypher changed the title to Bonnie McKee - Hot City (aka Epic Album)