Bonnie McKee - Hot City (aka Epic Album)

Muri

6 hours ago, schami66 said:

And can we talk about the Fireflies version that leaked last year? Dare I say her best song ever!?

yes it's incredible. that era gives me Taylor Swift vibes. I wish more people could know about it! It needs to soundtrack some drama and go viral.

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 2/9/2023 at 10:09 AM, BraveNewSeth said:

I listened to (my version of) the Epic album yesterday for the first time in a while, and I’m still just completely blown away by the sheer quality. I can’t believe LA Reid/Epic Records didn’t see the massive potential this album had. The fact that it will only be listened to by like… five gays on their curated Bonnie McKee playlists is criminal. 

So true, it`s really an amazing album. Last night I dreamed that she released it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Unusual Destination said:

What's Your Tracklist From The EPIC Album?

1. American Girl
  2. S.L.A.Y.
  3. Forever 21
  4. Hot City
  5. Outlaw
  6. Jenny's Got a Boyfriend
  7. Electric Heaven
  8. I Wanna Fucking Call You
  9. Somebody's Gonna Get Hurt
  10. Rewind Your Heart
  11. Everything But You

And if it leaks, I'll add Just a Kiss as the closer track.

Sleepwalker and Stars in Your Heart are in a Side B, along with Hit Me Up and Waking Up Diagonal.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Unusual Destination said:

What's Your Tracklist From The EPIC Album?

I finally finalized my track list a few days ago. I don’t see it changing unless Show Me Your Love leaks and I’m able to fit it on the track list somewhere. 

Title: Don’t Get Mad, Get Famous

1. Don’t Get Mad, Get Famous
  2. Slay
  3. American Girl
  4. Electric Heaven
  5. Jenny’s Got A Boyfriend 
  6. Somebody’s Gonna Get Hurt
  7. Hot City
  8. I Wanna Fucking Call You
  9. My So Called Life
  10. Rewind Your Heart
  11. Everything But You
  12. Now Or Never
  13. Restless
  14. Waking Up Diagonal 
  15. Forever 21
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Unusual Destination said:

Very cool I still can't finish mine

I think that having the ones she performed back in 2013/14 are the only essential ones, after those you can add whichever you want. Personally I prefer going by eras so I tried to add a cohesive 12 list, but as no draft tracklist has ever surfaced in full, all we can do is make our own :wink: 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, zaynphallic said:

On the topic of tracklistings... I was hoping to get y'alls opinion.

I've been holding out hope that a) this album would finally get released and we'd get an official tracklisting, or b) "Right Now" would leak, but since neither of those things are ever going to happen (let's be real) I decided to finally bite the bullet and make my own custom "American Girl" lathe cut vinyl through InTheClouds to celebrate what this album could have been.

Originally I was going to do a single LP with the quintessential tracks, but I really struggled to narrow the album down to 36 minutes (18 mins per side). So I've decided to do an all-encompassing 2xLP to capture the full era. The tracklist is a little more bloated than I'd like, but I figure if I have the room I may as well include as many songs as I can.

Thoughts on the tracklist below? Keep in mind, there's a maximum of 18 minutes of music per side, so I've arranged the tracks to flow as best as possible, while also being able to fit as many as possible.

Bonnie-Mockup-Front.jpg

Side A (17:29)

1. Don’t Get Mad, Get Famous (Intro) (2:09)
  2. S.L.A.Y. (3:58)
  3. American Girl (3:43)
  4. Forever 21 (3:44)
  5. Hot City (3:55)

Side B (17:54)

1. Rewind Your Heart (4:06)
  2. Unlock Your Love (2:50)
  3. I Wanna Fucking Call You (3:36)
  4. Hit Me Up (3:36)
  5. Electric Heaven (3:28)

Side C (17:56)

1. Everything But You (3:42)
  2. Waking Up Diagonal (4:00)
  3. Last Call Lover (3:40)
  4. Wild Card (2:50)
  5. Worst in Me (3:44)

Side D (17:52)

1. Jenny’s Got a Boyfriend (3:22)
  2. Sleepwalker (4:02)
  3. Outlaw (3:43)
  4. Up to Me (3:03) *tbh I kinda hate this song, but it's the only other one from the era that would fit.
  5. Somebody’s Gonna Get Hurt (3:42)

Once I get everything finalized I'd be happy to share the high-res artwork files in case anyone would like to get a copy made for themselves.

Oh my god this is a slay

On 2/11/2023 at 3:30 PM, zaynphallic said:

On the topic of tracklistings... I was hoping to get y'alls opinion.

I've been holding out hope that a) this album would finally get released and we'd get an official tracklisting, or b) "Right Now" would leak, but since neither of those things are ever going to happen (let's be real) I decided to finally bite the bullet and make my own custom "American Girl" lathe cut vinyl through InTheClouds to celebrate what this album could have been.

Originally I was going to do a single LP with the quintessential tracks, but I really struggled to narrow the album down to 36 minutes (18 mins per side). So I've decided to do an all-encompassing 2xLP to capture the full era. The tracklist is a little more bloated than I'd like, but I figure if I have the room I may as well include as many songs as I can.

Thoughts on the tracklist below? Keep in mind, there's a maximum of 18 minutes of music per side, so I've arranged the tracks to flow as best as possible, while also being able to fit as many as possible.

Bonnie-Mockup-Front.jpg

Side A (17:29)

1. Don’t Get Mad, Get Famous (Intro) (2:09)
  2. S.L.A.Y. (3:58)
  3. American Girl (3:43)
  4. Forever 21 (3:44)
  5. Hot City (3:55)

Side B (17:54)

1. Rewind Your Heart (4:06)
  2. Unlock Your Love (2:50)
  3. I Wanna Fucking Call You (3:36)
  4. Hit Me Up (3:36)
  5. Electric Heaven (3:28)

Side C (17:56)

1. Everything But You (3:42)
  2. Waking Up Diagonal (4:00)
  3. Last Call Lover (3:40)
  4. Wild Card (2:50)
  5. Worst in Me (3:44)

Side D (17:52)

1. Jenny’s Got a Boyfriend (3:22)
  2. Sleepwalker (4:02)
  3. Outlaw (3:43)
  4. Up to Me (3:03) *tbh I kinda hate this song, but it's the only other one from the era that would fit.
  5. Somebody’s Gonna Get Hurt (3:42)

Once I get everything finalized I'd be happy to share the high-res artwork files in case anyone would like to get a copy made for themselves.

What song is Up To Me? I don’t remember that one

• Like 1

• Cypher changed the title to Bonnie McKee - Hot City (aka Epic Album)