Bonnie McKee - Hot City (aka Epic Album)

Muri

4 hours ago, nanapop99 said:

they didn't want to release SLAY so they dropped her.

Aww here I was thinking it was some big dramatic story but it'c actually something as simple as that

I feel like her song American Girl defined my summer in 2017 (i know it came out in 2013 but I didn't really relate to it until 2013 and I'm not even american or a girl)

She just captured something that was so amazing. I always wished she went through and released the rest of her albumĀ 

• Like 1

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 4/21/2020 at 1:21 PM, Whoknowsmehere said:

@nanapop99 Actually I have two folders with the same name of American Girl.Ā  I have compiled a list of the songs in each folder.Ā  You are more of an expert than I am.Ā  Take a look at them and let me know what you think?

Folder 1

01 Sleepwalker
03 American Girl
04 American Girl (Demo)
06 Everything But You (Live at Kia Soul Live)
07 Hot City (Live at Kia Soul Live)
08 Future Ex-Boyfriend
09 Don't Get Mad, Get Famous (Snippet)
10 Broken Record
11 Jenny's Got A Boyfriend (Demo)
12 Gold Dust (Baby Love)
13 Somebody's Gonna Get Hurt (Snippet)
14 Without You
15 Hits.A Musical Portrait
Sparkles

Ā 

Folder 2

01 American Girl (Acapella)
01 American Girl
02 American Girl (Instrumental)
02 Good Day 4 Love
03 American Girl (Oliver Remix)
03 Earthquake
04 American Girl (Steve Aoki Remix)
04 Cougars (feat. Dirt Nasty)
05 American Girl (Demo)
05 Surrender
06 Restless
07 Let There Be Love
08 Sleepwalker
09 I Dare You (feat. Ina Wroldsen)
10 Always on My Mind
11 I Can (Totally) Do This
12 Rules of Attraction
13 Hits Medley (Live)

can i get the american girl instrumental & acapella ? & let there be love

13 minutes ago, followcher said:

she said she wa going to do a corona ep then suddenly said it wouldn't be a good idea to release anything during corona

I'm sorry, but that is stupid.Ā  We have to get away from this Rediculous - "We Can't do anything because it might offend someone" - mentality.Ā  Yes we are in a "Sensitive" (Brought on by ourselves) time in our lives of sorts.Ā  But life has to go on.Ā  We cannot quit being who we are, or we stop being human, and we just become Progammable Robots.Ā  And I for one refuse to be anybody's Robot.Ā  I for one will continue to be who I am without regard as to what anyone else thinks.Ā  I wll say what I want, and do what I want, without regard to anyones SJW emotional breakdown.Ā  I have had enough of it.Ā  We have all been impacted by what is going on around us.Ā  Albiet to differnt extremes.Ā  But I am sick of people saying you cannot do certain things or some idiot might be offended.Ā  Who Cares.Ā  Be who you are and enjoy yourself.Ā  Life is way too short as it is not to. Ā 

Ā 

P.S. Sorry for the rant.Ā  And it is no way addressed towards you.Ā  It's just what you said about what she said that got my blood boiling.Ā  LOL.Ā 

Ā 

Here are the songs you asked for.Ā  Enjoy.

American Girl (Instrumental)

15.9 MB

https://www95.zippyshare.com/v/4ZjaLRMb/file.html

American Girl (Acapella)

15.9 MB

https://www95.zippyshare.com/v/yDxoVDpB/file.html

Let There Be Love

10.2 MB

https://www95.zippyshare.com/v/Tve5P6T4/file.html

• Like 2
  • YAAASSS 3

2 hours ago, Whoknowsmehere said:

I'm sorry, but that is stupid.Ā  We have to get away from this Rediculous - "We Can't do anything because it might offend someone" - mentality.Ā  Yes we are in a "Sensitive" (Brought on by ourselves) time in our lives of sorts.Ā  But life has to go on.Ā  We cannot quit being who we are, or we stop being human, and we just become Progammable Robots.Ā  And I for one refuse to be anybody's Robot.Ā  I for one will continue to be who I am without regard as to what anyone else thinks.Ā  I wll say what I want, and do what I want, without regard to anyones SJW emotional breakdown.Ā  I have had enough of it.Ā  We have all been impacted by what is going on around us.Ā  Albiet to differnt extremes.Ā  But I am sick of people saying you cannot do certain things or some idiot might be offended.Ā  Who Cares.Ā  Be who you are and enjoy yourself.Ā  Life is way too short as it is not to. Ā 

Ā 

P.S. Sorry for the rant.Ā  And it is no way addressed towards you.Ā  It's just what you said about what she said that got my blood boiling.Ā  LOL.Ā 

Ā 

Here are the songs you asked for.Ā  Enjoy.

American Girl (Instrumental)

15.9 MB

https://www95.zippyshare.com/v/4ZjaLRMb/file.html

American Girl (Acapella)

15.9 MB

https://www95.zippyshare.com/v/yDxoVDpB/file.html

Let There Be Love

10.2 MB

https://www95.zippyshare.com/v/Tve5P6T4/file.html

I think the same! There's been a lot of people working on music during lockdown. I think, I honestly think that creating music will not really harm nobody unless theyĀ come for someone in their lyrics or something like that. But otherwise, I highly doubt it will actually offense anybody. Charli XCX released an album 99% produced during lockdown, but she's not been the only one. Besides, Bonnie can't come and say she won't release music because of COVID because she's been releasing less than a song per year for the last five years. Come on, girl.

On a different note, thank you so much! I didn't have "Let There Be Love", never knew about its existence and never could have imagined she wrote this for Christina!Ā 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Moonchild said:

I think the same! There's been a lot of people working on music during lockdown. I think, I honestly think that creating music will not really harm nobody unless theyĀ come for someone in their lyrics or something like that. But otherwise, I highly doubt it will actually offense anybody. Charli XCX released an album 99% produced during lockdown, but she's not been the only one. Besides, Bonnie can't come and say she won't release music because of COVID because she's been releasing less than a song per year for the last five years. Come on, girl.

On a different note, thank you so much! I didn't have "Let There Be Love", never knew about its existence and never could have imagined she wrote this for Christina!Ā 

Right? Any excuse will do with her... :cackle:Ā She needs to just be honest with herself and her fans and admit that music isn't her #1 priority.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Skinny Legend said:

Never noticed this before! Does she do background vocals on the final version as well?

Not that I can discern really. Sounds to me like it's all Christina and there's nobody credited on background vocals.

Ā 

Not sure who the main vocalist on Let There Be Love is, but the pre-chorus or whatever (I'm through with that, I can't fall too far cause it hurts so bad etc) is Priscilla Renea. Seems like the part Priscilla sings was re-written by Bonnie in Christina's version.

I remember reading somewhere that Bonnie said Let There Be Love was Miley Cyrus's track 'first', but she wanted to change too much about the track so they just sort of...took it back. Seems pretty obviously to me that it's one of the tracks from the Max Martin/Rx writing camp for Rihanna's LOUD though.

• Cypher changed the title to Bonnie McKee - Hot City (aka Epic Album)