Dr. Luke files a second defamation suit against Kesha's mom

dnlrsml

60749pcn_kesha02_kesha-pebe-rosemary-pat

Kesha’s former producer and mentor, Dr. Luke, has filed a new lawsuit against the singer’s mother this week, according to The Wrap.

The defamation lawsuit filed against Pebe Sebert in a federal court in Tennessee on Wednesday alleges that the “Tik Tok” singer’s mother has “continued to publicly defame” him since the 2014 complaint. 

“After we originally filed suit against Pebe Sebert, she continued to make outrageous, false and defamatory statements against Dr. Luke in her widespread media campaign to damage and smear his name,” Dr. Luke’s lawyer Christine Lepera said Friday in a statement to PEOPLE. 

“Pebe Sebert’s lawyers flat out refused to allow us to add those statements to the existing case or to toll the statute of limitations on them – so we’ve been compelled to file an additional action,” Lepera said. 

Kesha’s reps were not immediately available for comment. 

The latest complaint alleges numerous offenses such as a November 2015 tweet reading, “Kesha can’t legally put out music unless she makes it under complete control of a man who raped her at 18.” 

Though the “Your Love Is My Drug” singer has not released an album of her own since 2012’s Warrior, Kesha has been on tour with a new act called Kesha and the Creepies

In August, PEOPLE confirmed the singer had recorded music “at her own expense.” 

In 2014, Kesha sued Luke, accusing the producer of raping and sexually, physically, emotionally and verbally abusing her. 

Luke vehemently denied the allegations, in suing the pop star for defamation and breach of contract.

Source: PEOPLE.com

25 minutes ago, Cry Baby said:

I fucking can't at this disgusting asshole, I used to stan ha so much she was my main fave,  was spending days in Atrl Base just waiting for something to leak but I gave up after all the mess!  Hope the karma gets him! 

I know this feeling, it's so sad. She's still my main though, it hurts.  :'(

• YAAASSS 1

18 hours ago, Elizabeth said:

Do you guys not find it odd he is not scared of suing her for defamation , if he allegedly raped her. ?

Do you not find it odd that also others had something to say against Luke, why he didn't sue her before Kesha dropped her case? Why the judge had the connection to sony! Dr Rape has money to buy every judge and every lawyer while Kesha is left with nothing! It's disgusting if she wanted freedom he should give her! The one swiming in cash is never afraid in life!

• YAAASSS 1

Just now, Cry Baby said:

Do you not find it odd that also others had something to say against Luke, why he didn't sue her before Kesha dropped her case? Why the judge had the connectin to sony! Dr Rape has money to buy every judge and every lawyer while Kesha is left with nothing! It's disgusting if she wanted freedom he should give her!

The people who came forward defending the case were all kind of shady, and had something to gain especially Lena Dunham who has been outed already for lying about being raped. 

The judge having a connection to Sony also means little as it was her evidence that made no sense, and those facts cannot be changed. 

If he truly did rape her why is he not scared that she will not leak medical documents online or any evidence for that matter. ?  She has freedom, she can buy herself out of the contract and reimburse the money invested same thing Joss Stone did. 

Unless you work in the industry and have added details , the case seems pretty straight forward even people who came forward to support Kesha i.e Grimes have retracted claims or rape. Where is Lady Gaga now?

13 minutes ago, Elizabeth said:

The people who came forward defending the case were all kind of shady, and had something to gain especially Lena Dunham who has been outed already for lying about being raped. 

The judge having a connection to Sony also means little as it was her evidence that made no sense, and those facts cannot be changed. 

If he truly did rape her why is he not scared that she will not leak medical documents online or any evidence for that matter. ?  She has freedom, she can buy herself out of the contract and reimburse the money invested same thing Joss Stone did. 

Unless you work in the industry and have added details , the case seems pretty straight forward even people who came forward to support Kesha i.e Grimes have retracted claims or rape. Where is Lady Gaga now?

"If he truly did rape her why is he not scared" like wtf.. If she's lieing why would she waste her money and time into all that? Why would she sue him if she was scared? As i said it's easy to control the one that is scared, and one that is never scared is the one that has money! Luke could buy those evidence anytime and destroy them, everybody has price even if they act they don't!  Nobody cares about Gaga, she's been just hyping herself up! She would continue to hide the rape if he just let her go and nobody would ever know about it, but no he decided to limit her and torture until she had enough

3 minutes ago, Cry Baby said:

If he truly did rape her why is he not scared like wtf.. If she's lieing why would she waste her money and time into all that? Why would she sue him if she was scared? As i said it's easy to control the one that is scared, and one that is never scared is the one that has money! Luke could buy those evidence anytime and destroy them, everybody has price even if they act they don't!  Nobody cares about Gaga, she's been just hyping herself up! She would continue to hide the rape if he just let her go and nobody would ever know about it, but no he decided to limit her and torture until she had enough

If she's lieing why would she waste her money and time into all that?

Because she signed a make me a pop star contract (which is notorious for not paying well), you assume that these pop stars earn all this money when this could not be further from the truth. This is why Rihanna nearly went bankrupt with a net worth of 40 million dollars. 

The contract is also restrictive and after her last album not doing well she needs a better contract which she failed to renegotitiate which was the original issue she had when this all started. 

15 minutes ago, Elizabeth said:

If she's lieing why would she waste her money and time into all that?

Because she signed a make me a pop star contract (which is notorious for not paying well), you assume that these pop stars earn all this money when this could not be further from the truth. This is why Rihanna nearly went bankrupt with a net worth of 40 million dollars. 

The contract is also restrictive and after her last album not doing well she needs a better contract which she failed to renegotitiate which was the original issue she had when this all started. 

Oh c'mon that is absoultly messy, We're not dumb, how can Melanie Martinez for example afford to make her own videos (she's paying them from her own pocket) just by touring? She said if she want a video she'll tour and get money for it! God knows how many properties is Rihanna owner off and shit... anyone who believes that she almost went broke is dumbass...about Keshas last album not doing well, we both know that there was no promo, label didn't invest in it, no airplay or anything,  that album was not what she want it to be, she had no creative control over  it, when she submited her shit how she wanted to be they refused it! 

If someone like Neon Hitch can afford to release an album by being indie & unkown it means popstars do get some money,  and Kesha should have a plenty then cause she's been a grammy winner and she's far more known than Neon Hitch or Melanie Martinez (my english is not the best but fuck it)

1 minute ago, Cry Baby said:

Oh c'mon that is absoulty messy, We're not dumb, how can Melanie Martinez for example afford to make her own videos (she's paying them from her own pocket) just by touring? She said if she want a video she'll tour and get money for it! God knows how many properties is Rihanna owner off and shit... anyone who believes that she almost went broke is dumbass...about her last album not doing well we both know that there was no promo, label didn't invest in it, no airplay or anything,  that album was not what she want it to be, she had no creative control over  it, when she submited her shit how she wanted to be they refused it! 

If someone like Neon Hitch can afford to release an album by being indie & unkown it means popstars do get some money,  and Kesha should have a plenty then cause she's been a grammy winner and she's far more known than Neon Hitch or Melanie Martinez (my english is not best but fuck it)

It does not WORK like that neon hitch, melanie martinez did NOT sign a make me a popstar contract , I do not think they even signed a 360 contract legally Kesha has to pay 10-15% of management fees, pays a retainer for production fees, her own studio time, 50% merchandise , 50% production including publishing then any money invested is recouped on her side. i.e radio promotion, videos e.t.c

Most pop stars only earn what is given from their advancement and see no profits as they are pushed into debt by their label. 

A LOT of well known pop stars are broke due to this, do you think they enjoy working the hours they do? Chesney Hawkes also outed this years ago. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/personalfinance/fameandfortune/11605555/Chesney-Hawkes-No.1-single-I-was-left-with-arrears-and-a-20000-overdraft.html