Introducing PHF'S Next Top Cover Designer!

Tyra Banks

And the results are in! This week we had some great surprises compared to last week. There was a few people who stayed consistent with their last entries, but lots of the designers who made covers I liked last week had some dodgy ones this week, and a few who weren't so great last week really impressed me this week! Our guest judge this week was the Simon Cowell of PHF @Dayfid. I have been asked to tell you to please redirect any claims of bullying from her to our legal team.

Aly & AJ - @Jump Rope

Spoiler

@Countess: I'm really not sure how to feel about this one tbh. :/ The pictures of them are so awkward and badly Photoshopped, but most importantly they're also just really LQ which makes it hard for me to appreciate the rest of this cover. The background is quite nice but I'm really not a fan of the basic font tbh. I know you can do better tho boo so keep it up! 4.5/10

@Dayfid: This is also another good one I like, as a concept it's really good but there's something that could be changed. I like the choice of font which is something I've struggled to find with these covers, majority of the choices are shit. I don't like the texture Jump Rope used but besides that and the blending on the two girls I really enjoyed this one. 6/10

Total: 10.5/20

Ashley Tisdale - @Zach

Spoiler

@Countess:  I've never really loved the oversaturation in the original GP artwork, so a part of me wishes you'd kept that left out. But at the same time it definitely captures the official look, along with the text and the background, which I think you did a great job at choosing! Also, kudos to you for that amazing cutting. :hail: 7.5/10

@Dayfid: Cover was too overexposed. I think that's what it's called, her face looks washed out and it's so bright it's gross. 5/10

Total: 12.5/20

Demi Lovato - @Higher

Spoiler

@Countess: I’ve always loved this Demi photoshoot so I’m really glad you used this! I’ve seen you do the balloon text before but I think it still has a lot of impact and it suits the theme so I’m not mad about it. My only complaint is that I feel as though the concept is a bit confused - there seems to be a space theme which goes with the ‘Stars’ title but then there’s also the balloons which seem a bit random. I kinda wish you’d used a different text and made the balloon she’s holding a planet or something. 7/10

@Dayfid: Hated this one. The balloon font was serving Melanie teas and didn't match Demi's image or the song at all. 6/10

Total: 13/20

Hilary Duff - @Woodcrest

Spoiler

@Countess: I’m marking you down because you said you don’t know anything about Hilary. :morning: But in all seriousness, this is so good! She looks like a young Sophia Loren or something here and I’m living for it. :magic: Your editing is just gorgeous and I wish I had that much talent with backgrounds. I’m in love! <3 8.5/10

@Dayfid: The cover was one of my favorites but it just doesn't look like a professional cover an artist would use tbh. Still good either way. 7/10

Total: 15.5/20

Lindsay Lohan - @Honeymoon

Spoiler

@Countess: I think this is such a great improvement from your cover last week! The composition is really interesting and unsettling, it almost looks like it could be used for a horror movie poster or something. I really like the handwritten font as well. The only thing I'm not loving is how many colours there are in the fonts - I could have dealt with two but four is maybe a little too much. Still a cool cover tho! 7.5/10

@Dayfid: Honestly another one of my favorites, It looks really good, he cut her out really well. She just looks so deep into the tub that its just not realistic to me. also his choice of fonts were tragic. The Lindsey autograph was a nice touch but the font on the bottom was awful. 6/10

Total: 13.5/20

Miley Cyrus - @Tweener

Spoiler

@Countess: I'm really really impressed with this! I think that the cutting around the teddy bear is a little dodgy, and her hips look kinda weird for some reason? But it's hard to cut around such a fluffy thing so I think you did the best job you could. I'm really happy to see you trying new things with your covers, you've done a great job and it's really paid off imo. :hail: 8.5/10

@Dayfid: Pretty much just a stolen concept from the Bangerz era as @Tweener already explained but I still wish it was more original. 5/10

Total: 13.5/20

Nick Jonas - @24/7

Spoiler

@Countess: This is a pretty cool cover! The blur on his face and the black and white is well done. I’m just not sure about the placement - it seems weird to have his collar in there but then cut off some of his head. The text is kinda bland to me as well tbh but at the same time it makes it look very official so I’m not too worried about that. 6/10

@Dayfid: Another cover that was too simple. Before you asked me to help judge I told you I hate when people just paste a picture of an artist and put a font on top ugh. Try a little bit 4/10

Total: 10/20

Raven-Symoné - @asexualguy

Spoiler

@Countess: It's quite a striking cover, although a little simple for my tastes. I really like the circle concept and the text, I just wish that there had maybe been something other than black as a background. I don't hate this, but I just know you can do so much better! All the covers you've posted in the Artwork Crossover thread have slayed so I hope you get inspired like that again and make something great for us. 6.5/10

@Dayfid: Too simple for my liking. I wish everyone tried more and actually came up with something unique. 3/10

Total: 9.5/20

Selena Gomez - @wildthings

Spoiler

@Countess: I really really like this! :hail: The first one really takes queues from the official cover which is really cool. But the second one is definitely my favourite, I absolutely love the clouds you added and I kinda wish they were in the first one too! I'm just not sure about the Revival text on the second one, I kinda wish it was behind her head but it's still really good. 7.5/10

@Dayfid: He literally just recoloured the picture and then stole the teenage dream cover concept which is why I rated it so lowly 3/10

Total: 10.5/20

Congratulations to @Woodcrest for winning this week's contest! <3 You designed a great cover and you really deserve it boo!

tumblr_inline_npjfxrOOu71qjb0m3_500.gif 

The leaderboard on the front page has been updated with the new scores! Due to the fact that there was a tie for the loser this week, no one will be leaving - yet. However, because of this the bottom two contestants will be eliminated in week three. If you're still struggling in the competition, make sure to put in extra work to impress the judges in the next week of the competition!

Stay tuned for next week's design choices in the next few hours! <3 

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome back to week three of the competition! The stakes are high this week, with two people leaving the competition if their designs are deemed unworthy, so make sure you put your best foot forward this week!

This week's theme may prove challenging as you'll be asked to work with multiple people on the one cover. The theme is girl groups and you'll have to make sure you fit all of the divas you're given on the cover.

The list for this week is:

• Destiny's Child
  • Fifth Harmony
  • G.R.L.
  • Girls Aloud
  • Girls Generation
  • Little Mix
  • The Pussycat Dolls
  • Spice Girls
  • The Supremes

I hope you've all been playing nice with @Woodcrest, because this queen is about to give you your artist to design for this week - and if you're not lucky you may have nine members of Girls Generation to deal with, or the LQ photos of The Supremes. ;) 

Good luck everyone! We can't wait to see what you come up with!

1 hour ago, Tyra Banks said:

Destiny's Child / Honeymoon

Fifth Harmony / Tweener

G.R.L. / 24/7

Girls Aloud / Jump Rope

Girls Generation /  asexualguy

Little Mix / Woodcrest

The Pussycat Dolls / Higher

Spice Girls / Zach

The Supremes / Wildthings

Thank for your critiques <3

This was randomly selected because I didn't really care who I got. If any of these are more difficult than others then I apologise :flush: 

Archived