Introducing PHF'S Next Top Cover Designer!

Tyra Banks

Welcome back to the season finale of PHF's Next Top Cover Designer! <3 After eight long weeks of challenging themes and dozens of amazing covers, we've whittled down our contestants from ten to just two. Both of our remaining designers should be hugely proud of their accomplishments and for making it this far in the competition - you've done an amazing job! Unfortunately, there can only be one winner, and the last task will help to decide that.

For the last task, all bets are off and rules are made to be broken. The theme this week is faves, so each of our designers will be allowed to make a cover designed for their favourite artist of all time. For @Woodcrest, we might suggest a Petite Meller artwork; for @Zach, it might be Kelly Clarkson - but at the end of the day the final decision is up to our contestants.

As it's the final week, there will be no guest judge this time around. I will of course give my critiques and a final mark out of ten which will be added to your tally on the leaderboard; but that will only count for half the final mark. The other half will come from audience voting, which will open when both covers are submitted and last for five days. At the end of this five day period, the competition will end and a winner will be chosen!

As per usual, you have five days to complete your covers. We're so excited to see what you come up with, I'm sure it will be great!

giphy.gif  

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome back to the last judging phase of PHF's Next Top Cover Designer! <3 It's been such a pleasure to see everyone's growth over this season and I'm proud to be here with our two final contestants. Each has put forward a stellar cover this week based on their faves, and as a culmination of all the work they've done so far I think each cover represents our players perfectly. Please join us in celebrating our two final contestants as we look over their final submissions for the season!

@Woodcrest - Petite Meller

Spoiler

@Countess: In a weird twist of fate, I'm actually not the biggest fan of the cover taken by itself. :stretcher: It's a cool idea and the cutting and border is perfection but I feel like something weird has happened with the colouring and saturation which makes the whole thing look a bit gaudy. That said, the fact you took the time to make an entire album mock-up is super impressive. The CD itself and the overview of every design are both especially amazing. I'm so glad you made it to the final so you could raise the stakes once again! <3  8.5/10

Total Overall Score: 126

@Zach - Alexz Johnson

Spoiler

@Countess: What I love about this cover is that you've obviously put so much thought and consideration into every aspect of it, and yet it never seems cluttered or overdone in any way. You really exceed at making beautifully restrained and classy official looking covers and I think you've done that once again with this work. The pop of pink is especially effective. I'm so proud to have been able to witness you grow artistically while still staying true to yourself and your unique aesthetic. <3 8/10

Total Overall Score: 110

For the final week, my judgement is not that important. We will be opening public voting now for the next five days, which will allow audience members from all over the forum to decide on which cover they like the best. After voting is up, we will take into account half the leaderboard scores and half the audience vote to finally determine a winner!

Get to voting here and we'll see you back here soon with the final scores! <3 

Archived