Spencer Pratt: Gaga & Hilary Duff Ruined Heidi's Music Career

heidi-montag-spencer-pratt-09242015.jpg

Pop music expert Spencer Pratt sat down with SPIN for an interview where he spilled the Lemonade (and then some) about his many well-formed and reasonable insights on all things Beyonce, Hilary Duff and Lady Gaga in relation to his wife, one-time The Hills reality star and pop icon Heidi Montag. 

According to Pratt, former “singer from Colorado on MySpace” and superstar songwriter Ryan Tedder had once written a “freaking hit” for Montag. But thanks to Duff, he says, the would-be smash song didn’t pan out. 

“We went to meet [Ryan Tedder] at some hip little spot in Hollywood, and he goes to me, ‘I’ve got a hit for you. I’m gonna write you a hit,'” the crystal enthusiast shared. “So he wrote Heidi a freaking hit. It was called ‘Reach Out and Touch Me’…Heidi was recording it, and then all of a sudden Hilary Duff came out of nowhere and offered a fat check for the song when the guy needed money. She ended up putting that song out.” 

Unfortunately for Montag’s musical aspirations, the hits kept on coming (pun intended). As Pratt recalled, his “least favorite” artist, Gaga, was another metaphorical monkey wrench thrown into the gears of his wife’s otherwise flourishing (???) career. 

“She was not even Lady Gaga yet, and she wrote a song with RedOne. RedOne gave it to Heidi and they put it out and everything,” he revealed to the publication, weaving a dramatic tale of pop betrayal. “And then when it was on The View and getting all this press because Heidi had her Heidi fashion show, and the song ‘Fashion’ playing, all of sudden Lady Gaga freaked out, called RedOne. ‘That’s my song! I wanted that!’…Whatever though, her last album flopped, so she got her kaaaa-karma.” 

Pratt’s diatribe against “this songwriter” Gaga didn’t end at perceived karmic retribution. 

“She’s such a fraud and it’s so frustrating,” he continued. “It’s like, you were so edgy and creative and now you’re so glamorous and classy and ride horses in Malibu and date the most atypical stud and ride around on the back of a motorcycle with Bradley Cooper. It’s like, where are all your monsters? Give me a break.” 

Despite the resentment, when asked if the pair were still pursuing Heidi’s pop star career, Pratt admitted defeat for his Christian music-loving better-half. 

“No,” he said. “We have accepted that Heidi’s music career is gonna be in heaven forever.” 

While the two may have left the Superficial glitz of pop stardom long behind them, they do know a thing or two about having their “marriage dissected in the press,” according to SPIN. That said, Pratt’s professional opinion on the cultural juggernaut that is Beyonce’s Lemonade should come as no surprise. 

“I think it’s the most obvious marketing hustle stunt on the whole planet. I mean, everybody knows that. Everyone just loves anything Beyonce and Jay Z. They want to play along, but I don’t believe that one bit,” the former MTV star dished. 

So far, no comment from the BeyHive, Little Monsters, or whatever Duff’s fans call themselves.

We always knew CurseGa had it out for Heidi, even if she performed on The Hills way back in the day. :morning:  But I'm shocked to hear about Hilary! Who would have known that Lizzie McGuire could be such a McCunt? Heidi singing 'Reach Out' would have been amazing. :'( 

6 hours ago, Countess said:

But I'm shocked to hear about Hilary! Who would have known that Lizzie McGuire could be such a McCunt? Heidi singing 'Reach Out' would have been amazing. :'( 

@Countess.You owe @trayertrash$1 or a song xdd

Everyone is so jelly of the queen Duff. Hilary got RO from her label. It was a song written for Best Of compilation to finish her HR contract. Those attention whores should leave her alone.... And Heidi is only known for her plastic surgeries. #TalentlessHoe

• YAAASSS 2

1 minute ago, Tweener said:

Everyone is so jelly of the queen Duff. Hilary got RO from her label. It was a song written for Best Of compilation to finish her HR contract. Those attention whores should leave her alone.... And Heidi is only known for her plastic surgeries. #TalentlessHoe

you owe me $1 or a song for that sexist word :3 

4 minutes ago, Baby V Alex said:

It's funny that we see Artpop not being a flop but other albums that sell the same or less are seen as that. 

But most of that comes from petty stans and the definition of what a 'flop album' is varies from person to person instead of actual numbers. Artpop is called a flop just as much as everything else that sells around the same. The only thing that's different is who the person is stanning for. If you love Gaga then you'll say One Of The Boys flopped because it sold half as much as The Fame. If you're a Beyonce fan you'll say that Prison flopped for not selling as much as BEYONCE, etc. etc. 

11 minutes ago, trayertrash said:

But most of that comes from petty stans and the definition of what a 'flop album' is varies from person to person instead of actual numbers. Artpop is called a flop just as much as everything else that sells around the same. The only thing that's different is who the person is stanning for. If you love Gaga then you'll say One Of The Boys flopped because it sold half as much as The Fame. If you're a Beyonce fan you'll say that Prison flopped for not selling as much as BEYONCE, etc. etc. 

I understand that and I agree it's sad, just found that funny

On 6/11/2016 at 3:37 AM, Tweener said:

Are you actually delusional? Heidi Montag's Superficial album is the best pop record of the century and that is an established fact. Educate yourself.

giphy.gif 

2 minutes ago, Countess said:

Are you actually delusional? Heidi Montag's Superficial album is the best pop record of the century and that is an established fact. Educate yourself.

giphy.gif 

meh........ That could only be said by someone who has never listened to Dignity

tumblr_inline_muffv9vkAa1qm3zxk.gif

9 hours ago, Tweener said:

meh........ That could only be said by someone who has never listened to Dignity

tumblr_inline_muffv9vkAa1qm3zxk.gif

Not here for Haylie Duff co-writes and failed pole dancing lessons. Heidi is naturally beautiful and has the likes of pop god Spencer Pratt to collaborate with her on her masterpieces.

HeidiMontag003.gif

• YAAASSS 1