will.i.am Confirms Black Eyed Peas Reunion

black-eyed-peas.jpg

Last night, will.i.am dropped into the Capital FM studios and revealed some news that will excite his fans: he's reuniting with his former bandmates for a new Black Eyed Peas record. Chatting to presenter Roman Kemp, the music producer said: "Yeah…so…yes…There will be a Black Eyed Peas reunion." 

He went on to reveal his sadness over the fact the collective ever stopped making music. "It just... it breaks my heart that I even have to say that because really we should just... we should just always have been doing Black Eyed Peas actually. We shouldn't have ever..."

Black Eyed Peas released their first album Elephunk back in 2003 and were one of the leading chart acts of the decade. Their follow-up albums include Monkey Business and The E.N.D. before they released The Beginning in 2010. It featured hits "The Time (Dirty Bit)" and "Just Can't Get Enough."

The band is comprised of will.i.am, Fergie, apl.de.ap and Taboo. There is no word on when they will drop any new music. will.i.am is a judge on BBC talent show The Voice which airs its final on BBC1 this weekend (9 April).

I'm here for this, but Imma need a full album cycle and at least four singles and a tour from Double Dutchess before Fergie does anything else with BEP. :morning: 

• YAAASSS 1

12 hours ago, Cypher said:

I feel like they've been getting worse and worse. A break, in my opinion, is exactly what they all needed.

Unlike the rest of the world, I actually quite liked The Beginning. :stretcher: But they definitely need to switch up their sound for the comeback.

On 4/9/2016 at 5:58 PM, Cypher said:

I much preferred The E.N.D. :cypher: 

Me too, but only because I hated 'The Time'. :stretcher: 

On 4/9/2016 at 9:29 PM, Higher said:

Hopefully Fergie is in it cause it wasn't the same without her when they tried last year.. The E.N.D and The Beginning :hail:

I forgot those songs even existed. :shocked: They should at least have had Nicole Scherzinger as featured artist! ;) 

• YAAASSS 1