How do LEAKS personally affect you?

Natalia Kills

So, It's a question that I've been wondering for a while

if something leaks how does that affect you?

does it bother you?

For me: It doesn't unless its a song my fave is gonna put out and I don't want the album being affected

IF YOU DONT AGREE WITH SOMEONE HERE

DON'T DRAG THEM OR ANYTHING

IF YOU AGREE LIKE THEIR POST AND IF YOU DONT IGNORE IT

DON'T TURN THIS INTO A TRADE WAR

I don't personally mind it if it's old material, stuff that the artist will never use. I hate it when singles or albums are scheduled to be released and then some shit posts it online like 2 days early. Can't you just wait for the proper release so everyone can jam to it together?

• YAAASSS 1

7 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

I personally don't mind if anything older leaks that the artist isn't going to use. But if a Rebel Heart situation happens then I get upset for them (but I still download it anywway)

Basically this. :morning: I'd prefer for people to wait for the album to be released officially and then leak any shit that's been left over.

But to be fair, in some cases I'm grateful for leaks! We wouldn't even have albums like Life on Mars or Hothouse without them. :hail: 

• YAAASSS 1

I'm fairly impartial to leaks (I would personally never leak anything), but I remember Sia mentioning a few years ago following a leak that when an unused tracks appears online, all potential for the song to be sold disappears and for struggling artists I can understand that this can be damaging, so when I do see something leak there's a part of me that does feels bad for the artist.

52 minutes ago, Woodcrest said:

I'm fairly impartial to leaks (I would personally never leak anything), but I remember Sia mentioning a few years ago following a leak that when an unused tracks appears online, all potential for the song to be sold disappears and for struggling artists I can understand that this can be damaging, so when I do see something leak there's a part of me that does feels bad for the artist.

Sia used to not care at all about leaks, but all changed when she got big and very wealthy. I guess money change people. But whatever the reason, leaks are of course totally unavoidable in 2016, so it's a part of the game.

• YAAASSS 1

On 3/22/2016 at 10:58 PM, holdyourhand said:

Sia used to not care at all about leaks, but all changed when she got big and very wealthy. I guess money change people. But whatever the reason, leaks are of course totally unavoidable in 2016, so it's a part of the game.

Probably because she's actually losing money off leaks now as opposed to just having her own material be released early. :P 

Personally, If its one of my favorite artists, I listen to it non-stop but I feel really bad for them. When "Bombs on Monday" leaked, I thought that Melanie might use it for a future project (I heard about an album about cry baby's town/neighborhood) and when that song leaked, it was one less song she could use on her next album.

• YAAASSS 1