Horror Movie Recommendations?

Main Pop Girl

17 hours ago, Countess said:

Oooh okay, I'm gonna have to watch Resurrection now! ;) Did you watch the Directors Cut of Alien 3? Apparently it's a lot better than what was shown in cinemas, although I think the studio still made a lot of changes which weren't great for the movie. :/ I'm excited for the new one tho, they just need to hurry up and film it before we see Ripley on a walking stick. :stretcher: 

Yeah I saw the Director's Cut, haven't seen the original screened version! It's an okay film imo, the CGI of the Alien is terrible though.

• YAAASSS 1

• 1 month later...

Okay so I absolutely love the horror genre. However the paranormal stuff has always been trivial for me, save fro Blair Witch and a few others, but I love classic slashers. I really like all of Wes Craven's movies, but my absolute favorite is Scream. I know people like to make fun of it, and don't consider it "horror" or "scary" but it's just so awesome. So many allusions to other classics, beautifully shot, dialogue is still enjoyable, and the whole meta aspect is done so well. I don't watch it to get scared,  more because its just so much fun, literally every time its fun, hilarious, and the opening scene is golden.

On 8/4/2016 at 2:26 AM, Violetbud said:

Okay so I absolutely love the horror genre. However the paranormal stuff has always been trivial for me, save fro Blair Witch and a few others, but I love classic slashers. I really like all of Wes Craven's movies, but my absolute favorite is Scream. I know people like to make fun of it, and don't consider it "horror" or "scary" but it's just so awesome. So many allusions to other classics, beautifully shot, dialogue is still enjoyable, and the whole meta aspect is done so well. I don't watch it to get scared,  more because its just so much fun, literally every time its fun, hilarious, and the opening scene is golden.

I still haven't watched the original Scream, only the fourth one which I thought was super funny! Have you been watching the Netflix show?

• YAAASSS 1

11 hours ago, Countess said:

I still haven't watched the original Scream, only the fourth one which I thought was super funny! Have you been watching the Netflix show?

Yes! I loved the fourth one, and I've been watching the show on MTV, it has major glaring flaws but its also very entertaining and fun, love it!

• 3 months later...

My partner and I watched the Green Room last month. It was really good and suspenseful. Just a heads up though, the first 10/ 15 minutes are kind of questionable but after that it gets really good. 

Oh and The Final Girls is really good. It's more of a Horror/ Comedy but still good nonetheless. There is also an epic scene that involves Betty Davis Eyes.

• YAAASSS 1

• 1 month later...
On 8/7/2016 at 7:24 AM, Charlie91xo said:

you need to watch the original scream! I loved the first 2

I have it on my list, I just need to be in the right mood to watch it (which is a very specific mood considering it's horror/comedy). :stretcher: 

On 8/7/2016 at 0:53 PM, Violetbud said:

Yes! I loved the fourth one, and I've been watching the show on MTV, it has major glaring flaws but its also very entertaining and fun, love it!

I got pretty into the first season of the TV show but I couldn't really be bothered checking in for the second season... :( The people are all crazy attractive but that's really all they have going for them, I find most of the characters (especially the angry lesbian) really annoying. :vacuum: