Horror Movie Recommendations?

Main Pop Girl

So lately I've been getting super into the Halloween spirit and checking out a bunch of horror movies, TV shows and games! ;) I've watched Silence of the Lambs, Paranormal Activity, the first season of American Horror Story and played Alien: Isolation, but I need a few more recommendations of shit I can watch at night so I won't go to sleep for hours. :magic: Does anyone have any ideas?

16 minutes ago, Cypher said:

The Shining! The Exorcist! The Conjuring! The Blair Witch Project!

Really, any movie with "The" in the beginning of the title. The Twilight series. :morning:

Out of those, the only I haven't watched is The Conjuring! I watched like an hour of The Shining but then my mum got too scared so we stopped watching. :stretcher: The Exorcist was pretty good but The Blair Witch Project I found to be super dated, even though it was obviously an ingenious concept when it first came out. Cloverfield >>>

I wouldn't consider Cloverfield a horror movie, unless you're looking at the budget given to the movie.

I don't really watch that many horror movies, but I can say I've been shamefully addicted to Scream Queens (the show). If you want something that's stupid, light-hearted thriller for a few hours, watch the first 6 episodes (aired thus far).

21 hours ago, Cypher said:

I wouldn't consider Cloverfield a horror movie, unless you're looking at the budget given to the movie.

I don't really watch that many horror movies, but I can say I've been shamefully addicted to Scream Queens (the show). If you want something that's stupid, light-hearted thriller for a few hours, watch the first 6 episodes (aired thus far).

I've watched every episode of Scream Queens as well! I love the concept of the show and the 90s horror comedy genre they're going for but for some reason it just kinda falls flat for me...I'm not sure if the characters are just too stereotypical so you don't really care if they die, or if they're just trying too hard with the raunch, but for some reason it just isn't reaching it's full potential for me.

3 hours ago, H.B.I.C. said:

I've watched every episode of Scream Queens as well! I love the concept of the show and the 90s horror comedy genre they're going for but for some reason it just kinda falls flat for me...I'm not sure if the characters are just too stereotypical so you don't really care if they die, or if they're just trying too hard with the raunch, but for some reason it just isn't reaching it's full potential for me.

I fully agree. That's why I hate the show...but for some reason I can't stop watching. I pretty much hate everything about the show, but I can't stop. It's like television crack.

On the main note, have you heard of The Visit?

Edited by Cypher

8 hours ago, Cypher said:

I fully agree. That's why I hate the show...but for some reason I can't stop watching. I pretty much hate everything about the show, but I can't stop. It's like television crack.

On the main note, have you heard of The Visit?

Yeah, I keep watching it too because there's some genius ideas and I keep expecting it to get better, but so far it's disappointed me. :'( 

And no I haven't! What's it about?

59 minutes ago, H.B.I.C. said:

Yeah, I keep watching it too because there's some genius ideas and I keep expecting it to get better, but so far it's disappointed me. :'( 

And no I haven't! What's it about?

It's about this family that goes to visit their grandma and she becomes possessed or something. At one point in the trailer the grandma asks one of the kids to climb into the oven to clean it. Hansel & Gretel reference?

5 hours ago, Cypher said:

It's about this family that goes to visit their grandma and she becomes possessed or something. At one point in the trailer the grandma asks one of the kids to climb into the oven to clean it. Hansel & Gretel reference?

Ooooh yeah, the ad for that keeps playing for me on YouTube! It looks like such a joke though honestly, like seriously it looks more like a parody of a horror movie than the movie itself for me. :stretcher:

5 hours ago, H.B.I.C. said:

Ooooh yeah, the ad for that keeps playing for me on YouTube! It looks like such a joke though honestly, like seriously it looks more like a parody of a horror movie than the movie itself for me. :stretcher:

I feel it's gonna be another disaster like Insidious.

2 hours ago, H.B.I.C. said:

I never watched Insidious, but I thought it somehow got really good reviews?!

Well, the movie started off pretty good. It kept getting better and better and then all of a sudden it just drops and becomes trash and you pretty much give up on the last 30-45 minutes.

• 7 months later...