Nicki Minaj Developing Sitcom for ABC

Main Pop Girl

Nicki_Minaj.thumb.jpg.a8cec7d5fb0d172b84 

Nicki Minaj is heading to the small screen in a big way. 

ABC Family has given a series commitment to a show that will be based on “Minaj and her family’s immigration from Trinidad in the early 1990s” according to a press release by the network on Tuesday (Sept. 29). 

The single-camera comedy series, which will be executive produced by Minaj, will also follow her rise to stardom. 

“This is one of the more unique adventures I’ve ever embarked on,” Minaj said via the press release. “I couldn’t be more proud and excited to team up with an amazing group of people to give the world something really special.” 

While casting news hasn’t been announced yet, Minaj will reportedly appear on the show as well, and comedy vet Kate Angelo (Will and Grace, The Bernie Mac Show) will write for the series. The show, which doesn't have a title yet, is set to begin filming in the rapper's hometown of Queens this winter. 

Nicki teased to an announcement earlier today on Twitter with the hashtag #NickiSurprise. 

I'm excited for this honestly! I still haven't seen The Other Woman so not sure how great of an actor Nicki really is, but I'm glad they're giving her a chance anyway. ;) 

I MUST SAY THAT WHEN I HEARD THIS THE SECOND NIAGRA FALLS WAS BIRTHED BETWEEN MY LEGS. I AM SO STOKED FOR THIS. I LOVE THIS BITCH. I HOPE SHE PLAYS HER MAMA. GYADDAMN WHO'S GONNA PLAY SWEET OL' ONIKA?! AND I HOPE SHE COME THROUGH WITH THE OPENING SONG BEING #CookiesRap OMG OMG OMGGGGGGG.

I MUST SAY THAT WHEN I HEARD THIS THE SECOND NIAGRA FALLS WAS BIRTHED BETWEEN MY LEGS. I AM SO STOKED FOR THIS. I LOVE THIS BITCH. I HOPE SHE PLAYS HER MAMA. GYADDAMN WHO'S GONNA PLAY SWEET OL' ONIKA?! AND I HOPE SHE COME THROUGH WITH THE OPENING SONG BEING #CookiesRap OMG OMG OMGGGGGGG.

Nicki playing her mother would be amazinggg! Although, I don't know if I want her to put in that much commitment to a television show, I'd rather see a new album from her next year. :'( 

Nicki playing her mother would be amazinggg! Although, I don't know if I want her to put in that much commitment to a television show, I'd rather see a new album from her next year. :'( 

I rather her take a break, secretly working on the album, and at the season finale, drop that shit like WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

I rather her take a break, secretly working on the album, and at the season finale, drop that shit like WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

That could be good. What if the TV show turned out to be a musical and the girl playing her rapped a new song every week? :stretcher:

That could be good. What if the TV show turned out to be a musical and the girl playing her rapped a new song every week? :stretcher:

She is. Lol.  Nicki confirmed that and she's even writing the new raps herself!

Edited by Kevinn Edu

Omg. :stretcher: This is gonna be messy...

Or not

Or not

Do you really think ABC is gonna let her go full 'Monster' on this family sitcom? We're just gonna get a bunch of 'Moment 4 Life''s and I'm not really down for that. :vacuum:

Or not

Do you really think ABC is gonna let her go full 'Monster' on this family sitcom? We're just gonna get a bunch of 'Moment 4 Life''s and I'm not really down for that. :vacuum:

I think we're going to get more of those fun raps tbh. Like "Cookie's Rap" or like her verse on "Creep"

• 2 weeks later...

Or not

I think we're going to get more of those fun raps tbh. Like "Cookie's Rap" or like her verse on "Creep"

giphy.gif

Or not

giphy.gif

i just randomly thought of this, but if Nicki play's Nicki's mentor, I'mma be wet af.

Or not

giphy.gif

i just randomly thought of this, but if Nicki play's Nicki's mentor, I'mma be wet af.

That would probably work! I feel like the role of the mother would be too big and probably require too much work to fit into Nicki's schedule but a little bit part of the mentor would be really cool!

Or not

giphy.gif

That would probably work! I feel like the role of the mother would be too big and probably require too much work to fit into Nicki's schedule but a little bit part of the mentor would be really cool!

Yes! That would be definitely amazing. Older Nicki teaching little Nicki to be Nicki. Haha.

• YAAASSS 1