FKA Twigs - proof that Tumblr has no fucking idea about anything

Matilda Mantis

I listened to FKA for the first time today because bitches think she is the second coming of Christ but I m here to tell you, she is not. On first listen I could here the makings of a true Tumblr bitch, music that a bunch of twinks think is revolutionary but in fact has been done WAY to many times already. It's music for people who think Lady Gaga's ARTPOP is a game changer, music for people that think floral patterned cigarettes on a blog makes them deeper and more understanding of life, it is what Tumblr is made of and what it will always be, uneducated young people who think they know the world so much better than anybody else despite the fact that a good chunk of them are high school student who still live with their parents yet think they know the cure to all life's problems despite only seeing it through a tiny microscope. It is the same people who thought mental illness was a cool thing to have and that is bullshit, every illusion they made up in their head is bullshit yet you can't tell them otherwise because then you are *insert whatever buzz word Tumblr is using now*.

music for people that think floral patterned cigarettes on a blog makes them deeper and more understanding of life

I FUCKING DIEEEEEDDDDDD  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

I'm so glad I'm not the only one that thinks this bitch is overrated. Everyone on LB jizzes themselves over her and I'm just why whyyyy? She's just the cool new thing to like. I hope she has one top 40 hit so she becomes too mainstream for people to stan for.

Such a read. :hail:

But honestly, why do people like this girl so much? She sounds just like HAIM, Lorde, Birdy, and all those other boring Tumblr artists who make synthy, hazy, indie-electro-pop. I'm not even saying this to be funny, but I honestly think that 'Blurred Lines' was more revolutionary than anything she's ever done. o.O

Also, her using synths is cultural appropriation and is disgusting to me as a humanist. :wave:

Yes because when you don't like a singer, that clearly eliminates the need for them in the industry and instantly strips the credibility of their art and their fans! If that isn't logic then shoot me now. :wave:

I'd appreciate an elaboration on the purpose of this post as you said you were here to tell me she isn't great, and proceeded only to describe what you think her fans are or act like. Is there a part two coming?

Oh, and I don't have tumblr, so I hope you have other means to drag me for as an FKA twigs fan.

Guest jackvevo

This is so accurate it hurts. The only half-decent song she has is Two Weeks, which, no surprise, is her only popular song. Outside of tumblr she's nothing.

Yes because when you don't like a singer, that clearly eliminates the need for them in the industry and instantly strips the credibility of their art and their fans! If that isn't logic then shoot me now. :wave:

I'd appreciate an elaboration on the purpose of this post as you said you were here to tell me she isn't great, and proceeded only to describe what you think her fans are or act like. Is there a part two coming?

Oh, and I don't have tumblr, so I hope you have other means to drag me for as an FKA twigs fan.

giphy.gif

It's not my intent to come off as catty but shit like the original post appears more contrived than what it claims the artist in question to be. :morning: It was literally a post critizising Tumblr users.

Now go watch her new Pendulum video, it's out today. :morning:

To be fair, the title is "proof that Tumblr has no fucking idea about anything", so I think it's fair that the thread is bashing Tumblr users. Imo, that's something that needs to happen more given how toxic that site is. :morning: