Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them

Main Pop Girl

excited to see how this goes, it could be a hit or miss. I heard that Universal may be doing something in the orlando park when this movies comes out so  :excited:

omg!?!?! like past the new diagon alley and Hogwarts express????

UGHHH I STILL HAVEN'T VISITED THE THEME PARK. :'( I'm SO jealous of everyone who's managed to get there. I wanna go and buy a wand!

RIGHT it's really fuckin amaing so you should be jealous ( the wands aren't made of wood tho)(I don't think they are)(I might be wrong)(pretty sure it's porcelain or something)

RIGHT it's really fuckin amaing so you should be jealous ( the wands aren't made of wood tho)(I don't think they are)(I might be wrong)(pretty sure it's porcelain or something)

Are you fucking serious? :vacuum: Those bitches want me to pay $120 for a stick of porcelain? I wouldn't even pay $1.20 for Porcelain Black's debut album. :morning:

They are made of real wood and the box is pretty. If you go to ollivanders ( the first gift shop to have a line) when you get your wand a light shines on you like in the series. The only con is that the line is always 30 min+ to get in

I wouldn't even do that tbh, because if I did I probably wouldn't get the wand that Pottermore gave me and all my dreams of becoming a real wizard would be ruined. :'( I NEED MY 11 1/2 INCH ELM WAND.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Release date confirmed as November 18, 2016! :excited: I'm actually super happy that we're getting it so soon! It seems crazy that they'll have it ready to go in just over two years considering how slow these things sometimes go, but I'm excited. Apparently the last Hunger Games is getting released around the same time tho, so I'm hoping that it won't be overshadowed. :'(

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Eddie Redmayne has been cast as the lead!

Eddie Redmayne solemnly swears that he is up to no good. Warner Bros. announced Monday that the Oscar-wining actor has been cast in the Harry Potter prequel Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them.

The title takes its name from a companion “textbook” by J.K. Rowling with the fictional byline “Newt Scamander”; that will be Redmayne’s role. The studio describes the character in a statement as “the Wizarding World’s preeminent magizoologist, who in his travels has encountered and documented a myriad of magical creatures.” The film will take place 70 years before the Potter series begins, Deadline reports.

I'm okay with this tbh, he's a decent actor and he'll bring a huge fanbase to the movie. ;)