• 2 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, guyfilmoutsold said:

depends which side of the fanbase youre on

I wasn’t being shady, I am not as familiar with much of her catalogue (as I happen to be with other artists) and I am merely trying to educate myself.

Would the two sides of the fanbase (to which you refer) be Pop Vs RnB (or something else)?

10 hours ago, Dax Diameter said:

I wasn’t being shady, I am not as familiar with much of her catalogue (as I happen to be with other artists) and I am merely trying to educate myself.

Would the two sides of the fanbase (to which you refer) be Pop Vs RnB (or something else)?

oh no i wasnt taking it as shade! i was just making some jokes o:-)

the two sides of the fanbase for me would be the cupcakes (the ones that are highly sensitive) and the people who can form their own opinion (positions is ass)

but it really depends on how you look at it, pop vs RnB fans could be another viewpoint

• Like 1

19 hours ago, guyfilmoutsold said:

oh no i wasnt taking it as shade! i was just making some jokes o:-)

the two sides of the fanbase for me would be the cupcakes (the ones that are highly sensitive) and the people who can form their own opinion (positions is ass)

but it really depends on how you look at it, pop vs RnB fans could be another viewpoint

I'm not really a huge fan of hers but I've listened to some of her albums, and I honestly thought Positions was a lot LOT better than Sweetener! The production is so much more interesting and complex to me

• Shook 2

• 3 months later...
On 8/5/2023 at 3:48 PM, Kaiden said:

I personally discovered her through nightclubs via the optics of her early Eric Kupper (and then bootleg) ‘Cosmic Dawn’ remixes:

Previous rumors suggested veteran producer Nile Rodgers (famous for a more syncopated style of music than what Ariana is atypically known for - on her main releases) was invited to co-produce at least one (as yet unspecified) key track, specifically intended for her next studio album

Back when I wrote this I don’t think anyone believed she would sacrifice RnB in favor of heading back to the Dance-floor.  I may not be loving the first single but I could not have manifested a better direction for her stylistically and as a European, dance music is catnip to me so I’m happy with the path she is taking us.