Mariah Shows Love to Dr Luke

4 hours ago, Vixen Eyes said:

i hate seeing the trans card getting pulled. it has nothing to do with her being trans. we went after doja cat before but we know that shes stuck in a contract with him since before Kesha's lawsuits in 2014. kim is different. she was an independent artist without a contract, actively seeking him after 2014. and then in 2020 she signed a contract with a smaller label that has ties to luke.

as forr the other people working with him, theyre either not on our radar or dont have enough fame to be on anyone else's

The Weeknd and Mariah aren't on your radar and doesn't have fame? :yeah: What rock have you been living under girl?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Vixen Eyes said:

i hate seeing the trans card getting pulled. it has nothing to do with her being trans. we went after doja cat before but we know that shes stuck in a contract with him since before Kesha's lawsuits in 2014. kim is different. she was an independent artist without a contract, actively seeking him after 2014. and then in 2020 she signed a contract with a smaller label that has ties to luke.

as forr the other people working with him, theyre either not on our radar or dont have enough fame to be on anyone else's

no, but i´ve seen people be transphobic towards her when calling her out. it doesn´t happen majorly, but it does happen. :(

On 4/5/2022 at 6:44 AM, Leaving said:

I do remember you posting these somewhere but it's sad to be reading it again. Again, I really don't support Luke and I try to avoid streaming his music (at least legally :cackle:) but that doesn't mean I feel comfortable calling him a rapist with 100% certainty and cancelling not only him but anyone who chooses to work with him.

For me as a Kim stan it's incredibly annoying to see this brought up as an attack on her anytime she does literally anything in her career. Her entire last EP drop was ruined by people talking about this when she's already made her stance on it clear and I don't think it's an unfair one. The worst part is that when literally anyone other than her works with him (or the hundreds of other gross people in Hollywood like Cardi B, Chris Brown or even Jay-Z who literally tried to stab someone to death) they always get a free pass, and it only ends up being the trans girl suffering.

Still love you boo but I appreciate the healthy debate <3 

this doesn't have anything to do with me. but i just wanted to add. i like kims music she has a great voice. what bothered me about the ep was her bringing up gagas name on a song produced by dr luke given the history. working with him is fine he makes great music. he is talented. and she doesn't have to believe her. but she shouldn't have brought that up in my opinion. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Leaving said:

The Weeknd and Mariah aren't on your radar and doesn't have fame? :yeah: What rock have you been living under girl?

i dont listen to the weeknd at all for one.

as for miss mariah (copy + paste from another forum)

On 4/1/2022 at 8:38 PM, Billie Frank said:

However it doesn't help that certain Twitter stans are cropping the live stream and taking certain parts of it out of context. Through most of the life stream Mariah had been shading Dr. Luke's production, in the clip that is going about Mariah was talking about how she was disappointed with the vocal production on the remix saying in particular that she wished her background vocals during the verses were louder in the mix, it was at this point she said "but we love you Luke" in a sarcastic tone (she often says this in a non-literal sense after shading someone she has previously known or worked with). After that some lambs started mentioning not to say his name along with some other things Mariah briefly said "i have my own opinions on him that i will keep to myself" and moved on. For the rest of the stream including up to that point she had referred to him as "the producer" however sadly when you crop out 90 seconds of a 60 minute plus livestream it can give a false impression of the reality and it's easy for things to be taken out of context. She made no mention of the Kesha situation at all. 

With that being said i'm disappointed in Mariah, i know she wouldn't have meant any harm and certainly won't support the actions of Dr. Luke however she shouldn't have mentioned his name at all as it just gives certain stan bases (Brabz & Fighters) bait to run their preconceived narrative with. I know she said she has her own opinions on him that she will keep to herself but she really needs to put out a statement as soon as possible and apologise. 

1 hour ago, BonnieMcChicken said:

this doesn't have anything to do with me. but i just wanted to add. i like kims music she has a great voice. what bothered me about the ep was her bringing up gagas name on a song produced by dr luke given the history. working with him is fine he makes great music. he is talented. and she doesn't have to believe her. but she shouldn't have brought that up in my opinion. 

I think that's a fair point! I'm willing to give her the benefit of the doubt and say she might not have known all the details, but if I was her I probably would have released an edited version of that song by now. On the flip side, Gaga still has Jewels N Drugs up on streaming and we all know about the literal dozens of accusations against TI so I find it hard to get angry at one and not the other

13 minutes ago, Vixen Eyes said:

i dont listen to the weeknd at all for one.

as for miss mariah (copy + paste from another forum)

I don't understand why you're giving Mariah a free pass? She worked on the remix of this song knowing full well who it was produced by and where the money from the remix would be going, regardless of what she actually thinks about the case. There's literally no difference between what she did and what Kim did, other than the fact that when Kim did it she was a trending topic on Twitter for days and when Mariah did it...crickets. Again, it's the double standards that are exhausting to deal with here

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Leaving said:

On the flip side, Gaga still has Jewels N Drugs up on streaming and we all know about the literal dozens of accusations against TI so I find it hard to get angry at one and not the other

very true. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Leaving said:

I think that's a fair point! I'm willing to give her the benefit of the doubt and say she might not have known all the details, but if I was her I probably would have released an edited version of that song by now. On the flip side, Gaga still has Jewels N Drugs up on streaming and we all know about the literal dozens of accusations against TI so I find it hard to get angry at one and not the other

I don't understand why you're giving Mariah a free pass? She worked on the remix of this song knowing full well who it was produced by and where the money from the remix would be going, regardless of what she actually thinks about the case. There's literally no difference between what she did and what Kim did, other than the fact that when Kim did it she was a trending topic on Twitter for days and when Mariah did it...crickets. Again, it's the double standards that are exhausting to deal with here

i agree with the ti comment. i love kesha and gaga and hate dr luke so i am biased. she would go so much farther in music if she stopped working with him in my opinion. but she is allowed to work with who she wants to. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BonnieMcChicken said:

i agree with the ti comment. i love kesha and gaga and hate dr luke so i am biased. she would go so much farther in music if she stopped working with him in my opinion. but she is allowed to work with who she wants to. 

It's hard to say isn't it? I honestly don't think she would have ever been able to break through into pop music if she hadn't worked with Luke in the first place, but I do think at this point she could probably drop him and go down some kind of PC Music route and still have success. Imo the collabs she's done without Luke as a writer/producer are just as good as the ones with him.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Leaving said:

It's hard to say isn't it? I honestly don't think she would have ever been able to break through into pop music if she hadn't worked with Luke in the first place, but I do think at this point she could probably drop him and go down some kind of PC Music route and still have success. Imo the collabs she's done without Luke as a writer/producer are just as good as the ones with him.

my fave songs are the luke ones i have to admit. but she can make great music without him. she has it in her. she is a star. a star is born when she drops luke lol jk

• LMAO 1

personally, i understand where she´s coming from. apparently Luke was the only person who was willing to work with her, not caring about the fact she´s trans. 

but her little ¨circle¨ concerns me. like her new manager is Larry Rudolph, and she´s working with all these abusers (one of them who used to be an ex-conversion therapist and introduced her to Luke) ....i wonder what´s really going on behind closed doors. 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, bearsbummer said:

personally, i understand where she´s coming from. apparently Luke was the only person who was willing to work with her, not caring about the fact she´s trans. 

but her little ¨circle¨ concerns me. like her new manager is Larry Rudolph, and she´s working with all these abusers (one of them who used to be an ex-conversion therapist and introduced her to Luke) ....i wonder what´s really going on behind closed doors. 

I didn't know she was working with Larry Rudolph :orly: That could either go really well and/or really badly just judging from how things went with Britney :yeah: But who's the conversion therapist you're talking about? I remember the story about how Kim and Luke got in contact and it seemed to be all via email rather than someone introducing them

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Leaving said:

I didn't know she was working with Larry Rudolph :orly: That could either go really well and/or really badly just judging from how things went with Britney :yeah: But who's the conversion therapist you're talking about? I remember the story about how Kim and Luke got in contact and it seemed to be all via email rather than someone introducing them

https://kim-petras.fandom.com/wiki/Aaron_Joseph

• 2 weeks later...