Mariah Shows Love to Dr Luke

yZz5G_MC9gtd93mFOgUaEqWS5bJ1QLEWaWD_rIgy 

Latto is a newly launched rapper whose new single 'Big Energy' has already hit #11 on the Hot 100. 

Like Doja Cat, The Weeknd, Azealia Banks and Jennifer Lopez before her, Latto worked with the man accused of raping Kesha Dr Luke on the single.

Mariah Carey recently jumped on the remix and expressed her love for Luke on a recent Instagram live.

None of these people have been cancelled or even properly criticised, and yet up-and-coming trans superstar Kim Petras gets non-stop hate comments online about working with Luke. :magic: 

What's your opinion on this shocking double standard and why is it that Kim's career has been essentially ended by working with Luke while any POC who works with him seems to get a free pass? :orly: 

@Capsule

• Like 1
  • YAAASSS 1
  • Shook 1

I remember hearing something somewhere that although Doja Cat has been under contract with him since 2013, she doesn't want to be under a contract with him anymore and she wasn't necessarily working with him willingly. But, I've heard that's not true and she does work with him willingly. So, to be honest I truly don't know about her and that situation. I do know that Kim Petras gets a lot of criticism (especially from Kesha fans) because she outright said that she doesn't believe Kesha and that Kesha is lying. I didn't know about The Weeknd working with him or DISGASTING Banks (mostly cause I don't really listen to either of them too often). But, I'm not entirely surprised about Mariah supporting "he who shall not be named" cause she's done some shady stuff in the past (ex; denied her relationship with Eminem). 

1 hour ago, napoleon said:

JLo never worked with Dr. Luke. She was given a song that Meghan had done with him years before the Kesha allegations. 

Meghan herself confirmed this. JLo never knew luke had involvement until later on.

as for Moo, i willl give her the benefit of a doubt and say that she was actually shading him by saying "we love everybody, right? haha"

(this quote is from another forum)

12 hours ago, Billie Frank said:

This was my point. If you were there for the whole live and understand Mariahs mannerisms/humour you'd have understood and realised that the 90 second clip thats going about has really been taken out of context. 

Edited by Vixen Eyes
  • Like 1

On 4/2/2022 at 3:04 PM, Kesha Slays said:

I remember hearing something somewhere that although Doja Cat has been under contract with him since 2013, she doesn't want to be under a contract with him anymore and she wasn't necessarily working with him willingly. But, I've heard that's not true and she does work with him willingly. So, to be honest I truly don't know about her and that situation. I do know that Kim Petras gets a lot of criticism (especially from Kesha fans) because she outright said that she doesn't believe Kesha and that Kesha is lying. I didn't know about The Weeknd working with him or DISGASTING Banks (mostly cause I don't really listen to either of them too often). But, I'm not entirely surprised about Mariah supporting "he who shall not be named" cause she's done some shady stuff in the past (ex; denied her relationship with Eminem). 

I don't believe that for one second from Doja given her ongoing support of him both in her music and in her interviews, but let's give her the benefit of the doubt if you want :cackle: But Kim never said that Kesha is lying. Her quote was:

I would like my fans to know that I wouldn’t work with somebody I believe to be an abuser of women, definitely not.

Then when people criticised her for saying that, she posted this on Twitter:

All she's really saying is that she wouldn't work with someone that she knows for sure is an abuser, which is pretty sensible imo? Definitely better than working with confirmed rapist Cardi B and yet all of our faves seem to be doing that :cackle: 

14 hours ago, napoleon said:

JLo never worked with Dr. Luke. She was given a song that Meghan had done with him years before the Kesha allegations. 

Does it matter? She still knew it was produced by him, he probably produced her vocals and he's still making the same amount of money he would regardless of whether she knew. If people are angry about people streaming Kim and giving money to Dr Luke, they should be equally angry about people streaming J Lo, or for that matter any Kesha song pre-Praying

To be completely honest, I don't have any ill-will towards Kim. She's out there doing her thing, which although I'm not a fan of, I'm not going to criticize and bully her for it like some Kesha fans have. I just ignore her at all costs. All I remember reading (I don't remember the source all that well, maybe somewhere on twitter?) is that Kesha fans don't like Kim Petras simply because she doesn't believe Kesha and that she wholeheartedly supports Dr. Luke and thinks very highly of him in spite of the abuse allegations against him. With that twitter quote, you have to read between the lines. Kim said "I wouldn’t work with somebody I believe to be an abuser of women, definitely not." With that said, Kim doesn't believe Dr. Luke is an abuser of women. Kesha is a woman who alleges that Dr. Luke abused her. Therefore, Kim doesn't believe Kesha. Just because it wasn't direct doesn't mean that it wasn't implied. 

With Doja Cat, things are a bit more complicated. A few months ago I left a comment on a Kesha fan's Instagram post asking "what does the Animal fandom (what Kesha calls her fans) think of Doja Cat and how they think about her working with Dr. Luke?" One user said that, "Although I don't listen to her music, I respect her as an artist and a person." Another user added, "She doesn't work with Dr. Luke willingly, she wants to get out of the contract she has with his label." And it was at this moment I thought I finally understood everything but, then someone sent me a DM saying that Doja Cat does work with Dr. Luke and she praises him and everything. The user sent me a link to something explaining this. I had such mixed feelings afterwards. I still am very confused regarding her situation with Dr. Luke. I'm not really that bothered by her though cause I really don't listen to her music except the remix of "34+35" she did with Ariana Grande and Meg Thee Stallion. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Vixen Eyes said:

this is exactly how she said that kesha lied. your argument here is invalid.

3 hours ago, Kesha Slays said:

To be completely honest, I don't have any ill-will towards Kim. She's out there doing her thing, which although I'm not a fan of, I'm not going to criticize and bully her for it like some Kesha fans have. I just ignore her at all costs. All I remember reading (I don't remember the source all that well, maybe somewhere on twitter?) is that Kesha fans don't like Kim Petras simply because she doesn't believe Kesha and that she wholeheartedly supports Dr. Luke and thinks very highly of him in spite of the abuse allegations against him. With that twitter quote, you have to read between the lines. Kim said "I wouldn’t work with somebody I believe to be an abuser of women, definitely not." With that said, Kim doesn't believe Dr. Luke is an abuser of women. Kesha is a woman who alleges that Dr. Luke abused her. Therefore, Kim doesn't believe Kesha. Just because it wasn't direct doesn't mean that it wasn't implied. 

Not being 100% certain that Dr Luke is a rapist does not equal being 100% certain that Kesha is lying. Actually, it's pretty much the only reasonable viewpoint to have given that literally nobody other than Kesha and Luke know the truth of the situation, and two different judges have ruled that 1. there's no evidence that Luke raped Kesha and 2. she (according to them) actually defamed him by stating that he did. 

I don't support Luke's music (partially because of Kesha and partially because of what I've heard about him from other pop girls) and I don't believe Kesha is lying, but it would also be incredibly stupid for me to make ANY judgement calls about a situation I know literally nothing about. If a judge and jury has been presented with all the facts on multiple occasions and Luke has been acquitted multiple times, who are we to make any judgement calls to the contrary when we have maybe 1% per cent of the information the judge did?

This whole thing is an incredibly slippery slope and as I've mentioned several times, I think it's gross that y'all pick and choose who you want to be offended by and let other people (like confirmed rapist Cardi B!!!!!!) off the hook. If we're going to be cancelling anyone who's ever worked with someone just accused of doing something wrong, not only would most people be cancelled, but even Kesha herself would be cancelled for working with Pitbull and his "she says she won't but I bet she will" line. Y'all need to decide if everyone's getting cancelled or no one is, because the picking and choosing of who you want to be offended by ain't it

2 hours ago, Leaving said:

Not being 100% certain that Dr Luke is a rapist does not equal being 100% certain that Kesha is lying. Actually, it's pretty much the only reasonable viewpoint to have given that literally nobody other than Kesha and Luke know the truth of the situation, and two different judges have ruled that 1. there's no evidence that Luke raped Kesha and 2. she (according to them) actually defamed him by stating that he did. 

I don't support Luke's music (partially because of Kesha and partially because of what I've heard about him from other pop girls) and I don't believe Kesha is lying, but it would also be incredibly stupid for me to make ANY judgement calls about a situation I know literally nothing about. If a judge and jury has been presented with all the facts on multiple occasions and Luke has been acquitted multiple times, who are we to make any judgement calls to the contrary when we have maybe 1% per cent of the information the judge did?

This whole thing is an incredibly slippery slope and as I've mentioned several times, I think it's gross that y'all pick and choose who you want to be offended by and let other people (like confirmed rapist Cardi B!!!!!!) off the hook. If we're going to be cancelling anyone who's ever worked with someone just accused of doing something wrong, not only would most people be cancelled, but even Kesha herself would be cancelled for working with Pitbull and his "she says she won't but I bet she will" line. Y'all need to decide if everyone's getting cancelled or no one is, because the picking and choosing of who you want to be offended by ain't it

just to add to the (pro-kesha part at least) convo. idk if youve seen these twitter threads, i think ive posted them around PHF before but i cant recall where if i did

light and love to everyone <3

On 4/4/2022 at 1:21 PM, Vixen Eyes said:

just to add to the (pro-kesha part at least) convo. idk if youve seen these twitter threads, i think ive posted them around PHF before but i cant recall where if i did

light and love to everyone <3

I do remember you posting these somewhere but it's sad to be reading it again. Again, I really don't support Luke and I try to avoid streaming his music (at least legally :cackle:) but that doesn't mean I feel comfortable calling him a rapist with 100% certainty and cancelling not only him but anyone who chooses to work with him.

For me as a Kim stan it's incredibly annoying to see this brought up as an attack on her anytime she does literally anything in her career. Her entire last EP drop was ruined by people talking about this when she's already made her stance on it clear and I don't think it's an unfair one. The worst part is that when literally anyone other than her works with him (or the hundreds of other gross people in Hollywood like Cardi B, Chris Brown or even Jay-Z who literally tried to stab someone to death) they always get a free pass, and it only ends up being the trans girl suffering.

Still love you boo but I appreciate the healthy debate <3 

• YAAASSS 1

On 4/5/2022 at 6:44 AM, Leaving said:

I do remember you posting these somewhere but it's sad to be reading it again. Again, I really don't support Luke and I try to avoid streaming his music (at least legally :cackle:) but that doesn't mean I feel comfortable calling him a rapist with 100% certainty and cancelling not only him but anyone who chooses to work with him.

For me as a Kim stan it's incredibly annoying to see this brought up as an attack on her anytime she does literally anything in her career. Her entire last EP drop was ruined by people talking about this when she's already made her stance on it clear and I don't think it's an unfair one. The worst part is that when literally anyone other than her works with him (or the hundreds of other gross people in Hollywood like Cardi B, Chris Brown or even Jay-Z who literally tried to stab someone to death) they always get a free pass, and it only ends up being the trans girl suffering.

Still love you boo but I appreciate the healthy debate <3 

i hate seeing the trans card getting pulled. it has nothing to do with her being trans. we went after doja cat before but we know that shes stuck in a contract with him since before Kesha's lawsuits in 2014. kim is different. she was an independent artist without a contract, actively seeking him after 2014. and then in 2020 she signed a contract with a smaller label that has ties to luke.

as forr the other people working with him, theyre either not on our radar or dont have enough fame to be on anyone else's