Sugababes

Main Pop Girl

On 6/2/2024 at 12:51 PM, sunshineslave said:

Well you have the right to have your own opinion and I was not trying to dismiss that. I was just giving mine.

The interview is just recent and I didn't post it to proove my point first because I didn't know I needed to justify myself, and second because it was included in such a powerful and intimate interview by Keisha about overtaking trauma that I didn't want it to be disminished by being used only to talk about the reception of the song.

Here is a transcript of the part I was referring to:

Hide contents
[...]when we
release when the rain comes last year there was no like conversation about are we going to do a single we were just in
the studio and we thought you know what this is a Vibe let's drop it when we do the O2 wow and obviously we did the O2 and it did much better than what we
actually expected we like oh this was just a Vibe we were feeling um but yeah we just want to continue number one
having fun um it's important to us 

The full interview can be seen here. I really recommend it for people who want to know about her journey with mental heath. Beware that it can be triggering :

Hide contents

Back on subject, you're obviously have every right not to believe what she says about When the rain comes. I don't believe everything the babes say is gospel and I know that they sometimes remake history. About the song, I personally think it's obvious it's not lead single material and I'de honestly be very surprised if the girls though it was going to be a hit when they released it. They know better. If so they would probably have invested in a music video to defend it or at the very least shorts videos on social medias.

As for the fan's reactions, I don't pretend I've done a great an in depth research to know how people perceived it. On buzzjack and popjustice, I've seen bad reactions at the beginning but mostly positive ones once the song had grown on people.

I'm not here to argue, just share my perspective on the subject. Now I would appreciate that you don't make accusations about my intentions. I respect your opinion and am opened to be proven wrong. But you need to respect my opinion for what it is. It's not that deep. it's just music.

Keisha seems so much calmer, more confident and more kind in the past few years than she ever did back in the Sugababes glory days. Really proud of her for how far she's come and for opening up about such a crazy thing <3 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

9 minutes ago, Main Pop Girl said:

Keisha seems so much calmer, more confident and more kind in the past few years than she ever did back in the Sugababes glory days. Really proud of her for how far she's come and for opening up about such a crazy thing <3 

It's really touching to see her testify about those things she went through. She seems to be forgiving and very mature. 

Let's not forget that the babes were in the public eye at such a young age. It must not have been easy to deal with all the scrutiny and the content judgement. 

• Love 1

On 6/4/2024 at 10:12 PM, sunshineslave said:

It's really touching to see her testify about those things she went through. She seems to be forgiving and very mature. 

Let's not forget that the babes were in the public eye at such a young age. It must not have been easy to deal with all the scrutiny and the content judgement. 

Her growth as a person is touching and an inspiration for everyone. I was so proud of her comeback. And their friendship is the proof and reward. I love these women 

• Love 2

Since this is a thread about Sugababes, I am posting my question here: Does anyone know if “Flatline” they published back in 2013 under MKS name & “Flatline” which was included in their “The Lost Tapes” published in 2022 have any differences?

4 hours ago, Marin said:

Since this is a thread about Sugababes, I am posting my question here: Does anyone know if “Flatline” they published back in 2013 under MKS name & “Flatline” which was included in their “The Lost Tapes” published in 2022 have any differences?

No, it's not. They are the same, although I think the mastering of Flatline on The Lpst Tapes is much better in terms of sound quality.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fenz said:

No, it's not. They are the same, although I think the mastering of Flatline on The Lpst Tapes is much better in terms of sound quality.

Thank you, I was not referring to mastering but if they were different elements, lyric changes, etc. Thank you for your confirmation :)

6 hours ago, thetaco said:

I like how Spotify even in 1024 knows who to put on the list together. Would y’all say this is a relevant suggestion list..? :)

FEEFD6EF-E59F-4876-97E3-C9F7703DDDA3.png

First I'll start with er Get Sexy ? 🫠😂

To be fair, I did listen to a lot of those artists in the early days of the Sugababes but somehow they seem to be the only ones I still really enjoy. And that's their power, they could be included seemlessly in an ultrapop 90-00 playlist, still some of their tracks wouldn't be at odd in indie and alternative music playlist even if most of the other songs included were pretty recent. I mean Overload and Freak like me still sound super current and fresh.

New video of the girls about their legacy and new music :

They seem pretty exited about their new material especially Siobhan. 

I love how all 3 used to hate Red Dress and now it's Keisha and Siobhan's favorite song to perform on their set.

There are professional videos out there of the set. I can post them if needed. It was the samey setlist but they did rock it and they showed as super confident. It was their biggest crowd so far I believe, performing for the first time at the Wembley stadium. 

Edited by sunshineslave

6 hours ago, sunshineslave said:

First I'll start with er Get Sexy ? 🫠😂

To be fair, I did listen to a lot of those artists in the early days of the Sugababes but somehow they seem to be the only ones I still really enjoy. And that's their power, they could be included seemlessly in an ultrapop 90-00 playlist, still some of their tracks wouldn't be at odd in indie and alternative music playlist even if most of the other songs included were pretty recent. I mean Overload and Freak like me still sound super current and fresh.

New video of the girls about their legacy and new music :

They seem pretty exited about their new material especially Siobhan. 

I love how all 3 used to hate Red Dress and now it's Keisha and Siobhan's favorite song to perform on their set.

There are professional videos out there of the set. I can post them if needed. It was the samey setlist but they did rock it and they showed as super confident. It was their biggest crowd so far I believe, performing for the first time at the Wembley stadium. 

Siobhán's wig and wig colour is tragique.

18 hours ago, Heartbreak Anthem said:

Siobhán's wig and wig colour is tragique.

It's a full circle moment. She's cosplaying as Heidi cosplaying as her for the greatest hits. 🤣😂

heidi-range-of-the-sugababes-poses-durin

More seriously, I actually think her hair is ok but I get the wig feeling.😋

• LMAO 2

On 6/18/2024 at 6:20 AM, sunshineslave said:

It's a full circle moment. She's cosplaying as Heidi cosplaying as her for the greatest hits. 🤣😂

God. Heidi was stunning as a red head!

• 2 weeks later...

I've been listening to MKS leaks and was wondering if Crazy Things had ever been leaked? I know it's not MKS' vocals on it but I'm curious about what it sounds like.

On 6/18/2024 at 11:20 AM, sunshineslave said:

omg tori amos got yassified

• LMAO 1

7 hours ago, OliverLuxembourg said:

Did anyone go to Amelle’s concert today? She sang Get Sexy👀

A short snippet was posted on the Portsmouth Pride instagram page

Well it was basically her solo song so no wonder she would sing that. Hopefully someone will upload the full performance.

• Love 1