Sugababes

Main Pop Girl

On 8/1/2022 at 2:07 PM, Leaving said:

I hear what you're saying, and I personally don't like the visuals of a four piece girl group versus a three piece :awkwardney: But if it means we get to have both Heidi and Siobhan in the group I wouldn't be mad about it at all! I still think they should release the album they recorded Flatline with at some point. If they just keep doing anniversary re-releases, maybe a cool move would be to have Heidi rejoin for the re-release of Angels with Dirty Faces, Amelle rejoin for the re-release of Change, and Jade rejoin for the re-release of Sweet 7 :cackle: A medley would definitely be cool and I'd also be down for a spin-off group called like Sugababes: HAJ to be their support act on their next tour 👀

I honestly still don't really understand what happened with Keisha leaving the band, and I'm not sure any of the girls really do either. I'm pretty sure Amelle complained about Keisha bullying her and then went overseas to some rehab facility for anxiety, leaving Keisha and Heidi to do some of their live shows by themselves. Keisha and Heidi both still seemed close during those shows. But then Amelle decided to leave and for some reason Heidi wanted to go with her? So then instead of replacing two members, the label kicked Keisha out and kept Heidi and Amelle around? I just don't get why Heidi wanted to leave in the first place...She didn't seem that close with Amelle so maybe she was having her own issues with Keisha 🤔 Either way, Keisha and Mutya have both spoken positively about Heidi in recent interviews so I'm going to hope for the best <3 

I will take whatever they feel confortable doing as long as the quality is there and there's no completely new member (that would be an absolute mess).

I understand what happened the same way you did but I believe the bullying bit is from unfair and racist media coverage. Keisha made a video about it (see : https://www.nme.com/news/music/keisha-buchanan-traumatic-racism-sugababes-left-her-needing-therapy-sugababes-2686091). Unless there's actual footage of the girls saying they've been bullied by her ?

22 hours ago, sunshineslave said:

I will take whatever they feel confortable doing as long as the quality is there and there's no completely new member (that would be an absolute mess).

I understand what happened the same way you did but I believe the bullying bit is from unfair and racist media coverage. Keisha made a video about it (see : https://www.nme.com/news/music/keisha-buchanan-traumatic-racism-sugababes-left-her-needing-therapy-sugababes-2686091). Unless there's actual footage of the girls saying they've been bullied by her ?

Omg, could you imagine if they introduced a completely new member? :shocked: The way the entire fanbase would crumble... :stretcher: 

I saw Keisha's video and maybe there's some truth to what she's saying, but I also think it's trendy to jump on the bandwagon of media bigotry right now and I do think there was truth to the bullying accusations. Siobhan spoke about Keisha bullying her on multiple occasions, including when she first left, when she released her first solo single, and in 2009 when the Amelle bullying story was going around.

"There was no doubt that I was pushed out. It was clear that there was someone in that band who never wanted me in it and that's Keisha. She never wanted me in that band and made my life a living hell. I'll never forgive her. Though no-one forgives that first bully in their lives, do they? No-one does."

It's cute that they're friends again and I'm glad they're getting along now, but I don't think the girls should try to rewrite history by blaming everything on the race card or the media.

As for Amelle, she's been much more private and really hasn't spoken publicly about why she left the group (probably because of an NDA or maybe just because it's the classy move). But it seems telling that she took a break from the band to treat her anxiety and then a week or two later Keisha was asked to leave. I don't think it was a coincidence which makes me think there was truth to the bullying rumours there too.

5 hours ago, Leaving said:

Omg, could you imagine if they introduced a completely new member? :shocked: The way the entire fanbase would crumble... :stretcher: 

I saw Keisha's video and maybe there's some truth to what she's saying, but I also think it's trendy to jump on the bandwagon of media bigotry right now and I do think there was truth to the bullying accusations. Siobhan spoke about Keisha bullying her on multiple occasions, including when she first left, when she released her first solo single, and in 2009 when the Amelle bullying story was going around.

It's cute that they're friends again and I'm glad they're getting along now, but I don't think the girls should try to rewrite history by blaming everything on the race card or the media.

As for Amelle, she's been much more private and really hasn't spoken publicly about why she left the group (probably because of an NDA or maybe just because it's the classy move). But it seems telling that she took a break from the band to treat her anxiety and then a week or two later Keisha was asked to leave. I don't think it was a coincidence which makes me think there was truth to the bullying rumours there too.

I completely believe there was bullying going on; every single time someone left, aside from Mutya, it was due to in-group bullying. And the fact Heidi sided with Amelle and threatened to walk if Amelle did, too, says a lot.

• Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/4/2022 at 8:57 PM, Heartbreak Anthem said:

I completely believe there was bullying going on; every single time someone left, aside from Mutya, it was due to in-group bullying. And the fact Heidi sided with Amelle and threatened to walk if Amelle did, too, says a lot.

Yeah, because Siobhan would definitely comeback to the group after being bullied out. I think the fact that Jade isn't friends with the ones she was in the group with after group disbanded - says a lot more about them. Wasn't Heidi the one dragging Mutya every chance she got when Amelle joined the group? After claiming that she was closer to her than Keisha, who was her childhood friend. I think you should worry more about the group you have on your icon, who had a black fisher member and a member who married an homophobic and colorist. Anyways.

On 8/24/2022 at 12:58 AM, powerpuffheart said:

Yeah, because Siobhan would definitely comeback to the group after being bullied out. I think the fact that Jade isn't friends with the ones she was in the group with after group disbanded - says a lot more about them. Wasn't Heidi the one dragging Mutya every chance she got when Amelle joined the group? After claiming that she was closer to her than Keisha, who was her childhood friend. I think you should worry more about the group you have on your icon, who had a black fisher member and a member who married an homophobic and colorist. Anyways.

Imagine your first impression on a new forum being this incredibly uncalled for and aggressive comment directed at someone you don't even know :cackle: 

I literally linked to multiple instances of Siobhan explicitly stating that Keisha bullied her. So are you saying that Siobhan is a liar? What happened to Believe All Women sis? :orly: 

On the other hand, I'd love to see your sources for Heidi "dragging" Mutya. Both Mutya and Heidi confirmed that they were closer to each other than they were to Keisha at the point Mutya left. Does that make Mutya a liar too? I guess all other five members of the Sugababes must be conspiring against Keisha because they're all horrible racists huh! :wink: 

Not even responding to the reaches about the godly Spice sisters :cackle: The fact that you support the actually corrupt and incredibly racist, sexist, colourist and homophobic K-pop industry tells me all I need to know about you.

Have a blessed day sis and enjoy the forum! <3 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Leaving said:

Imagine your first impression on a new forum being this incredibly uncalled for and aggressive comment directed at someone you don't even know :cackle: 

I literally linked to multiple instances of Siobhan explicitly stating that Keisha bullied her. So are you saying that Siobhan is a liar? What happened to Believe All Women sis? :orly: 

On the other hand, I'd love to see your sources for Heidi "dragging" Mutya. Both Mutya and Heidi confirmed that they were closer to each other than they were to Keisha at the point Mutya left. Does that make Mutya a liar too? I guess all other five members of the Sugababes must be conspiring against Keisha because they're all horrible racists huh! :wink: 

Not even responding to the reaches about the godly Spice sisters :cackle: The fact that you support the actually corrupt and incredibly racist, sexist, colourist and homophobic K-pop industry tells me all I need to know about you.

Have a blessed day sis and enjoy the forum! <3 

This! ALL of THIS!

Cracking Up Lol GIF by MOODMAN

• Shook 1

2 hours ago, Dax Diameter said:

Interesting new interview that finally goes a little deeper than the puff pieces we’ve mostly had up to now:

https://www.dazeddigital.com/life-culture/article/56816/1/sugababes-mutya-buena-keisha-buchanan-siobhan-donaghy-interview-tour-2022

I'd heard Keisha was around for the About A Girl video shoot, but hearing her confirm it is really something else. The label played both her and Jade so dirty :awkwardney: It's nice Amelle and Heidi are supportive of the girls and there's open lines of communication there. I remember a while ago Amelle said there was an offer for all six of the girls to tour together and I wish they'd gone ahead with that :yeah: 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Leaving said:

I'd heard Keisha was around for the About A Girl video shoot, but hearing her confirm it is really something else. The label played both her and Jade so dirty :awkwardney: It's nice Amelle and Heidi are supportive of the girls and there's open lines of communication there. I remember a while ago Amelle said there was an offer for all six of the girls to tour together and I wish they'd gone ahead with that :yeah: 

It is nice Amelle & Heidi did reach out and wish the original trio well in their reunion. That's awesome. Honestly, Sugababes 2.0 were it for me. They really were THE lineup, IMHO, but Sugababes 1.0 have their own kind of chemistry. Each of the lineups did, honestly.

• YAAASSS 1