Sugababes

Main Pop Girl

9 hours ago, Heartbreak Anthem said:

Now this works!

Right! The verses are stronger, I love the "hoo hoo"s, and the production is so much more interesting. I have no idea why they went for the other version over this :yeah: 

4 hours ago, metalsnake25 said:

Have anyone heard the solo demos Heidi recorded prior to joining Sugababes? These were recorded in 1999 I believe

I remember listening to these a few months ago! They're all super cheesy but Change Your Wicked Ways is a lowkey bop :cackle: It's weird that her voice sounds stronger here than it did during her time with the girls.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, sunshineslave said:

Is she the one who wanted the other version ?

I personally like both but I understand that the people who live in the UK with that add going around didn't help liking the original.

The U.K. didn’t particularly like it, in fact if memory serves it was the first lead single from a brand new Sugababes studio album that never peaked at No. 1 (since “Overload”).

For weeks before it’s official release, it was rammed down the viewing publics throat during most television commercial breaks in support of a “Boots” the chemist campaign (a drug store that everyone in the U.K. knows).

”Girls” was boring to seemingly everyone from the word go. Yet, when a LQ mp3 link to the Klas Ahlund Rework came as part of a multimedia component of the “Catfights & Spotlights” album, literally everyone (including myself) seemed to prefer it. It’s a shame it’s never appeared anywhere in HQ.

Edited by Dax Diameter
Grammar
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 9/14/2022 at 8:54 PM, Dax Diameter said:

The U.K. didn’t particularly like it, in fact if memory serves it was the first lead single from a brand new Sugababes studio album that never peaked at No. 1 (since “Overload”).

For weeks before it’s official release, it was rammed down the viewing publics throat during most television commercial breaks in support of a “Boots” the chemist campaign (a drug store that everyone in the U.K. knows).

”Girls” was boring to seemingly everyone from the word go. Yet, when a LQ mp3 link to the Klas Ahlund Rework came as part of a multimedia component of the “Catfights & Spotlights” album, literally everyone (including myself) seemed to prefer it. It’s a shame it’s never appeared anywhere in HQ.

I can't understand that they didn't put it at least on the single. On Deezer (the french spotify) Girls appear twice on the tracklist of the album but it's the same version. Mess ! So it never leaked in HQ ?

Maybe there are other tracks from the album with alternative versions. Would love to hear that.

If anyone has additional updated (missing) information pertaining to the writers/ producers of these MKS tracks, can they please update the below rough list & re-post:

Also, did the “Too in Love” instrumental ever leak ?

Arrow (shaznay)
Ate me up 
Back in the day (mojam)
Back to life (ed drewett)
Be kind (emeli sande)
Beat is gone (biffco, wayne hector,)
Boys (biffco, MNEK)
Break my heart (oscar scheller)
Breathe me (dan carey (?))
Burnt out (tom aspaul)
Bye bye (katy b)
Calling out to you 
Champagne & roses (mr hudson)
Crazy things (demo for MKS)
Diamonds (biffco, emma rohan)
Drum (biffco, mnek)
Enough (biffco, shaznay)
Entertainment
Fall from grace (katy b)
Flashing lights (karen poole)
Flatline (dev hynes)
Fly on the wall 
Forever ready (sia)
Garage flowers (oh wonder)
Great escape (oakenfold, diane warren)
I lay down (cameron mcvey)
I'm alright (biffco)
Kiss me tonight (diane warren)
Lay down in swimming pools 
Light up (james new, josef page)
Love in stereo (richard x, hannah robinson)
Love me hard (biffco)
Metal heart (cameron mcvey)
No regrets ( naughty boy)
Only you (biffco, shaznay)
Open book (dallas austin)
Paradise (oh wonder)
Pillow talk (katy b)
Recover 1
Recover 2 (jim elliot)
Romantic call (MNEK)
Say goodbye (tom aspaul)
Summer of 99 (james elliot)
Take the wheel and drive (dev hynes)
Today (mnek)
Too in love (mojam)
TSOB 1 woz (katy b)
Two can play that game 
Up in flames (karen poole)
Victory (jason evigan, mitchell scherr, sia)
Waiting for you (xenomania)
Why did the lights come on 
Why oh why (cameron mcvey, oscar scheller)
Your love (naughty boy)

Edited by Dax Diameter
Syntax
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, sunshineslave said:

I can't understand that they didn't put it at least on the single. On Deezer (the french spotify) Girls appear twice on the tracklist of the album but it's the same version. Mess ! So it never leaked in HQ ?

It never, the Klas Ahlund Re-work was never released (and never leaked) in HQ unless someone has vaulted it.

Unfortunately so much (not all) of that ‘enhanced CD’ era, where record labels would offer bonus content and hidden links to downloads via the CD (when placed in a pc), occurred during an era when people’s expectations of what constituted HQ - were so much lower & that track was in many ways indicative of that era.

It was also a strange one in the sense that from the moment literally anyone downloaded the Klas Ahlund Re-work via the “Catfights & Spotlights” CD, it was seemingly universally praised as the superior version of the song (something that almost never happens).

As a side issue, I am annoyed with a certain individual (you know who you are) of the Bebo generation, who has been in a position to attain coveted unreleased music at least twice, who was offered various things (not appreciating those twin moments of luck) and stupidly turned them down, because the individual in question simply did not understand lossless (non MP3 music formats, or even how to play them) and to this day remains so backwards as to still not understand what ‘uncompressed’ formats are and STILL believes anything that’s not MP3/ M4A is not even a valid file type!

Edited by Dax Diameter
Grammar
  • Like 2
  • Shook 1

On 9/16/2022 at 12:35 PM, Dax Diameter said:

If anyone has additional updated (missing) information pertaining to the writers/ producers of these MKS tracks, can they please update the below rough list & re-post:

Arrow (shaznay)
Ate me up 
Back in the day (mojam)
Be kind (emeli sande)
Boys (biffco, MNEK)
Burnt out (tom aspaul)
Bye bye (katy b)
Calling out to you 
Drum (biffco, mnek)
Enough (biffco, shaznay)
Entertainment
Fall from grace (katy b)
Flatline (dev hynes)
Fly on the wall 
Forever ready (sia)
I'm alright (biffco)
Love me hard (biffco)
Paradise (oh wonder)
Pillow talk (katy b)
Recover 1
Recover 2 (jim elliot)
Romantic call (MNEK)
Say goodbye (tom aspaul)
Today (mnek)
Too in love (mojam)
TSOB 1 woz (katy b)
Two can play that game 
Your love (naughty boy)

Thank you for those informations. I didn't know most of them and was wondering who they worked with on some of the tracks. 

For exemple I didn't know about Dev Hynes producing Take the wheel and Drive and Xenomania producing Waiting for you through it makes sense. Funny how the latter could be considered a 5.0 song  :cackle: I'm surprised no one has joked about that yet.

This genius page has a list of all the MKS track, for some of them the credit are included with the lyrics, including the girls' writing credits which I think are important. I'm not sure how reliable they are tough. 

I noticed that Lay Down (the original) is missing from your list. It is produced by Dev Hynes as well and so is the swimming pool mashup (even tough the instrumental is not his).

Well anyways we really need a Sugababes Wikia. I Mean the informations are all over the place. 

• Like 1

On 9/16/2022 at 1:07 PM, Dax Diameter said:

It never, the Klas Ahlund Re-work was never released (and never leaked) in HQ unless someone has vaulted it.

Unfortunately so much (not all) of that ‘enhanced CD’ era, where record labels would offer bonus content and hidden links to downloads via the CD (when placed in a pc), occurred during an era when people’s expectations of what constituted HQ - were so much lower & that track was in many ways indicative of that era.

It was also a strange one in the sense that from the moment literally anyone downloaded the Klas Ahlund Re-work via the “Catfights & Spotlights” CD, it was seemingly universally praised as the superior version of the song (something that almost never happens).

As a side issue, I am annoyed with a certain individual (you know who you are) of the Bebo generation, who has been in a position to attain coveted unreleased music at least twice, who was offered various things (not appreciating those twin moments of luck) and stupidly turned them down, because the individual in question simply did not understand lossless (non MP3 music formats, or even how to play them) and to this day remains so backwards as to still not understand what ‘uncompressed’ formats are and STILL believes anything that’s not MP3/ M4A is not even a valid file type!

That's too bad. Audio quality is essential. Some people can't make a difference because with bad audio sound system anything would sound the same quality. I hope we'll get the chance to finally get them.

• Like 1

On 9/16/2022 at 8:35 PM, Dax Diameter said:

Arrow (shaznay)
Ate me up 
Back in the day (mojam)
Be kind (emeli sande)
Boys (biffco, MNEK)
Burnt out (tom aspaul)
Bye bye (katy b)
Calling out to you 
Drum (biffco, mnek)
Enough (biffco, shaznay)
Entertainment
Fall from grace (katy b)
Flatline (dev hynes)
Fly on the wall 
Forever ready (sia)
I'm alright (biffco)
Love me hard (biffco)
Paradise (oh wonder)
Pillow talk (katy b)
Recover 1
Recover 2 (jim elliot)
Romantic call (MNEK)
Say goodbye (tom aspaul)
Today (mnek)
Too in love (mojam)
TSOB 1 woz (katy b)
Two can play that game 
Your love (naughty boy)

Xenomania  :yeah: Dev :yeah: Paul Oakenfold :yeah:

• Like 3