Avril Lavigne - Let Go (20th Anniversary Edition)

Violetbud

Avril Lavigne is celebrating the 20th anniversary of dropping her debut studio album by re-releasing Let Go with a brand new version of Breakaway as well as other previously unreleased songs! The link is live (though not officially released yet) on Apple Music and Spotify in certain territories and you can preview the songs on iTunes: https://music.apple.com/nz/album/let-go-20th-anniversary-edition/1626353802

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Bambi101 said:

Love and here for it!!! Her debut will always hold a special place in my heart.

I'm just pressed AF she didn't take full advantage of this opportunity and release the title track (Let Go). :die:

Tea. Would've been a nice addition.

For those interested, every track on the record has been remastered! Even the unreleased songs are different from the versions previously released/leaked!

And Breakaway is a new recording with brand new vocals! 

• Like 1
  • YAAASSS 1

1 hour ago, Violetbud said:

Tea. Would've been a nice addition.

For those interested, every track on the record has been remastered! Even the unreleased songs are different from the versions previously released/leaked!

And Breakaway is a new recording with brand new vocals! 

Yaaassss, honestly, I wish she added a lot more unreleased songs but some other girlies literally don't even bother and pay their great unreleased material DUST (Gaga) so I'll take whatever crumbs I can.

23 minutes ago, Heartbreak Anthem said:

The cover is trash. And so much more could've been done with this project.

It's not even that the cover is bad as it's the same as the original just RUINED and BOTCHED with the red overlay while her cropped out self just akwardly stands there now. It's ""creative"" decisions like this one that make me question who got hired for this redesign job and HOW because the person responsible for producing something like this has no business working in this field.

• Like 1

I'm glad she's doing something for an iconic album! Unlike other iconic albums which special anniversaries have been completely ignored (looking at you, Lana [BTD] and Florence [Ceremonials]).

The artwork is kinda trash but it's not completely disgusting so meh. Now, the whole album was remastered and there were 6 additions so I'm not completely mad at it! I understand that 20 years anniversary should've screamed something like "here, this is a special repackage with like 10 unreleased songs from the era" and a 2 CD version or some shit etc, but, again, at least she is releasing something special.

I just think of Lady Gaga's Born This Way or Lykke Li's Wounded Rhymes 10th Anniversary reissues and I'm glad Avril did something better for Let Go.

Edited by Ice Prince
  • Like 1

I'm really not surprised she's isn't releasing any unheard/unleaked tracks. All the B-sides she's releasing have been leaked/released before. I'm happy "Let Go" is getting the recognition it deserves, but this is not the way to go about it. I'm honestly disappointed in this project, just like with "Love Suxx". Unless something unreleased leaks, I'm really not interested. The only thing I think I'd like from this is the fact that everything has been remastered so, it's in better quality. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leaving said:

So what are the new tracks she's releasing? Breakaway (which was already leaked), Get Over It (which she performed live) and Make Up?

Why, Breakaway (with brand new vocals and production so it's not the one from 2002), Falling Down, Make Up, I Don't Give

Edited by Violetbud
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Violetbud said:

Why, Breakaway (with brand new vocals and production so it's not the one from 2002), Falling Down, Make Up, I Don't Give

Wikipedia said Why was already released as a Japanese bonus track but I guess that’s wrong? 🤔 And I thought some of the other tracks were released on soundtracks but maybe they were just in the movie? Either way a new recording of Breakaway will be interesting to hear!

• Like 1