Avril Lavigne - Let Go (20th Anniversary Edition)

Violetbud

5 hours ago, Leaving said:

Wikipedia said Why was already released as a Japanese bonus track but I guess that’s wrong? 🤔 And I thought some of the other tracks were released on soundtracks but maybe they were just in the movie? Either way a new recording of Breakaway will be interesting to hear!

It's a new version of Why with a full band and Make Up and Get Over It were never released and they are all remastered from the versions previously released/leaked

Edited by Violetbud
  • Like 3

Technically, Get Over It was on the Sk8er Boi single. But tgis version of Why is completely new and unreleased!! So we really got 2 new revamped old tracks. The others just spund tweaked and beefed up a bit to make them sound fresh I suppose.

• Like 3

Really into the new versions of Falling Down and Why! I usually don't take much interest in remasters, but the production on here is way more impressive than I was expecting. Admittedly, I've never been super crazy about this album outside of the singles, but those sound great, especially Sk8er Boi.

Crossing my fingers that Under My Skin and TBDT get the same treatment in the next few years. Those are my faves, and there are hardly any B-sides/unreleased that we've heard from those eras!

• Like 4

The only two NEW tracks are Breakaway and Make Up, everything else was somehow already released as b-sides/bonus, I don't understand why having a full album of b-sides and leftover tracks she only chose to release just 2 new tracks. 

The leftover tracks on LET GO B-SIDES are amazing, and this was the perfect opportunity to release them, sometimes I think fans should manage the artists haha. 

• Like 1