The Weeknd Is Headlining the Super Bowl LV Half-Time Show

Main Pop Girl

I like his music, but imo he's not a well-established/interesting enough live act to perform at the Super Bowl. He's got a great voice but I can't imagine him jumping from the roof or floating around on a firework... :awkwardney: Plus his music is so dark and edgy that I don't feel like it's right for a fun celebratory show. We'll see how it goes though I guess!

3 hours ago, Skinny Legend said:

I'm not the biggest fan of her, but she would put on a great show! I guess they wanna alternate between male and female artists but I feel like even Bieber would be a better performer than The Weeknd?

well they did male singers twice 2018 JT and 2019 Maroon 5, both were bad.

Edited by ChristianBrown

On 11/16/2020 at 10:58 PM, ChristianBrown said:

well they did male singers twice 2018 JT and 2019 Maroon 5, both were bad.

Omfg, I literally didn't even know Maroon 5 did a halftime show... :shocked: I feel like the Super Bowl didn't even happen this year in my head...So we'll be getting male artists three years in a row? That's stupid tbh, they definitely should have gone for P!nk instead.

On 11/17/2020 at 1:02 AM, infinitylove said:

Or maybe Selena :yaskween:

I love her, but no. :awkwardney:

1 hour ago, Skinny Legend said:

Omfg, I literally didn't even know Maroon 5 did a halftime show... :shocked: I feel like the Super Bowl didn't even happen this year in my head...So we'll be getting male artists three years in a row? That's stupid tbh, they definitely should have gone for P!nk instead.

Britney should've performed in 2019 honestly. Hell, if they wanted a male artist, maybe Usher could've perform tbh, he's a true performer.

And i don't think Rihanna or Taylor should perform at all, they can't sing nor dance and they are NOT good performers. their performance rely on backup dancers, props etc. very boring.

Edited by ChristianBrown

6 hours ago, ChristianBrown said:

Britney should've performed in 2019 honestly. Hell, if they wanted a male artist, maybe Usher could've perform tbh, he's a true performer.

And i don't think Rihanna or Taylor should perform at all, they can't sing nor dance and they are NOT good performers. their performance rely on backup dancers, props etc. very boring.

Britney deserves a halftime show, but I don't think it's any secret her mental health has been suffering in recent years. She would have killed it in 2016 though!

Say what you want about Rihanna's lack of talent, but the most important thing is she puts on a good show. Katy isn't a great technical vocalist or dancer either but her Super Bowl show was still entertaining. Taylor would probably do a decent job as well but her personality annoys me so I just don't want to see her win. :cackle: 

4 hours ago, Moonchild said:

I always skip Super Bowl Halftimes that I kinda don't mind who they bring each year tbh :morning:

Wait, no, actually I don't watch the Super Bowl, so yeah, that includes missing the Halftime. I just don't watch TV at all dddddd.

I don't watch the game, but I always catch the Half Time show on YouTube afterwards. :cackle: There's some iconic moments in there sis!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Skinny Legend said:

Britney deserves a halftime show, but I don't think it's any secret her mental health has been suffering in recent years. She would have killed it in 2016 though!

i read some rumors where Britney was supposed to do the halftime in 2016, but we got Coldplay instead (still a great performance, but Britney would've SLAYED)

https://www.india.com/entertainment/britney-spears-performing-at-super-bowl-2016-halftime-show-742479/

https://popcrush.com/britney-spears-super-bowl-halftime-2016/

and 7 Reasons Britney Spears Is The ONLY Choice For The Super Bowl 50 Halftime Show (can't find the link lol)