Katy Perry Accused of Sexual Abuse

screen-shot-2018-03-11-at-9-51-50-pm-2.j

When I first saw a video of Katy Perry fawning over American Idol contestant Benjamin Glaze on my Facebook timeline this week, I scrolled on. But, when I saw the headlines about the non-consensual kiss, I went back and watched the full footage. It caused a scorching flame of rage inside of me.

Katy Perry is a bully and a predator and this footage is clear harassment which flies in the face of #MeToo and should not have aired. Let me explain how I see it:

The video starts off innocuously enough, with Perry and the judges inquiring about 19-year-old Glaze’s life, job, and relationship status. Glaze admits he has never kissed a girl because he has never been in a relationship – so how could he have done any kissing?

His explanation is endearing and pure. The judges invite him up to the table to rectify the situation, with Luke Bryan hooting and clapping.

Glaze said no several times: “No, wait, hold on, you can’t, no way.”

He looks to the curtains behind him for guidance. But instead of repeating “no” and standing his ground, the contestant – eager to please – approaches the table to appease the judges, who have pulled out their phones to catch this moment on camera.

Did I mention this boy is 19 years old?

Under much peer pressure, he agrees to kiss Perry on the cheek and does so very softly, sweetly and without any sort of gumption. A church kiss. Perry is not satisfied and asks for one more as Lionel Ritchie starts making smacking sounds and leans in like a coach, showing the young buck how to properly please a lady.

At the very last second, Perry turns her head and steals a kiss on the lips – a non-consensual kiss. Young Glaze is rocketed off of his feet and tries to recover from what just happened. The second he hits the ground the judges’ attention is off of him and they proceed to high five and congratulate Perry for “getting him.”

But, what the judges do not see as the young man backs away is the look on his face. This is a look that anybody who has suffered at the hands of a bully should recognize.  The whole video is a cacophony of hypocrisy, impropriety, power abuse and bad decisions.

In interviews after the fact, Glaze said he was uncomfortable but doesn’t feel sexually harassed. He is such a sweet, nice guy to let Perry and American Idol off the hook like that.

No woman or man – not even billionaire American Idol pop star judge Katy Perry – is above asking for consent. That the editors at American Idol felt this was a cute thing to televise flies in the face of the strides made by women all over the world who have come forward to shed light on how often this happens with #MeToo. I repeat: #MeToo and sexual harassment and bullying is not bound by gender, regardless of if one gender experiences it disproportionally.

I'm shocked and appalled. This woman calls herself a Christian, but shamelessly kisses people before marriage on the mouth! She's as bad as Harvey Weinstein for sure! :yeah: 

• Pissed 1

On 3/21/2018 at 12:13 AM, victorxcx said:

Now it makes sense why she acts so childish on her music videos :o That's a disgusting move to attract our kids and abuse them! :yeah: 

You're right! No wonder her breasts are covered in whipped cream, she knows that babies can't resist it and will be forced into her motorboaters! :yeah: 

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...