Spice Girls

Tweener

On 9/7/2023 at 9:30 PM, Main Pop Girl said:

I agree with you on the song. I've never really liked this one and I can't understand why the fans are so into it :awkwardney: 

But lowkey, I would be here for Heidi getting a couple of lines on Flatline :orly: Or just a version of Push the Button with all six of them!

Let's continue the Sugababes conversation in their topic.😉

About the Spice Girls, let's hope we'll get something good from all five of them soon without the use of any AI

• Like 1
  • Shook 1

1 hour ago, sunshineslave said:

Let's continue the Sugababes conversation in their topic.😉

About the Spice Girls, let's hope we'll get something good from all five of them soon without the use of any AI

I really thought we were gonna get something when VB seemed to tease it on TikTok, but Geri said in a recent interview that she has no plans to reunite at the moment :( I think the best we'll get is a documentary next year but I'm not holding out hope for new songs or a tour sadly

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Main Pop Girl said:

I really thought we were gonna get something when VB seemed to tease it on TikTok, but Geri said in a recent interview that she has no plans to reunite at the moment :( I think the best we'll get is a documentary next year but I'm not holding out hope for new songs or a tour sadly

So sad ! I really believed that VB being back on board would be a good sign for at least a tour coming. 🥲

On 9/12/2023 at 9:02 PM, sunshineslave said:

So sad ! I really believed that VB being back on board would be a good sign for at least a tour coming. 🥲

I thought so too, but you know how these girls like to tease their fans so they can sell as many t-shirts as possible :tanya: 

I also heard a rumour that the documentary is focused on their 1998 tour and that some of the former backup dancers have been asked to be interviewed, but I can't vouch for whether it's true or not! It would be an interesting take on a doco though, and we could maybe even get some more insight as to why Geri decided to leave halfway through that tour :orly: 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/30/2023 at 5:27 PM, RomanG said:

I forgot to post about these! They're both promo songs for her new children's book. I'm not really a fan of either but I'm glad she at least still has SOME interest in music <3 

• Like 1

On 9/30/2023 at 5:27 PM, RomanG said:

Thanks for sharing. Is it officially published ? Is it credited to Halliwell or Horner ?

5 hours ago, Main Pop Girl said:

I forgot to post about these! They're both promo songs for her new children's book. I'm not really a fan of either but I'm glad she at least still has SOME interest in music <3 

It's nice that's she's giving music a go. Especially since she's been teasing music for the last decades without releasing much.

I don't think I'm gonna revisit Ghost often but at least it does sound like her. It could be a Britney Black Out era reject too 😜 (I'm saying reject so please don't jump at me 😄)

On the other hand Beautiful Life is way too cheesy for my liking. The song does showcase the weaknesses of her vocals more than anything. She's better with uptempo songs or in the case of ballads those where she uses more of her soft voice. Calling is a nice exemple. Autotune should definitly stay away from her and any Spice Girl. It is horrible with Mel B's voice too, I hate that it's used anywhere now.🫠

• Like 1

On 10/3/2023 at 3:36 PM, sunshineslave said:

Thanks for sharing. Is it officially published ? Is it credited to Halliwell or Horner ?

It's nice that's she's giving music a go. Especially since she's been teasing music for the last decades without releasing much.

I don't think I'm gonna revisit Ghost often but at least it does sound like her. It could be a Britney Black Out era reject too 😜 (I'm saying reject so please don't jump at me 😄)

On the other hand Beautiful Life is way too cheesy for my liking. The song does showcase the weaknesses of her vocals more than anything. She's better with uptempo songs or in the case of ballads those where she uses more of her soft voice. Calling is a nice exemple. Autotune should definitly stay away from her and any Spice Girl. It is horrible with Mel B's voice too, I hate that it's used anywhere now.🫠

Omg, not the Blackout reject :cackle: More like a reject from Zendaya or Keke Palmer's first albums imo

I also really dislike the Autotune on her and MB's voices. The only one who can pull it off imo is Mel C but her music leans a little more dancey so it makes sense. It's funny because I actually think Geri's live vocals are probably stronger than ever now, but somehow she sounds weaker and more insecure than she used to in the studio recordings 🤔

6 hours ago, Main Pop Girl said:

Omg, not the Blackout reject :cackle: More like a reject from Zendaya or Keke Palmer's first albums imo

I also really dislike the Autotune on her and MB's voices. The only one who can pull it off imo is Mel C but her music leans a little more dancey so it makes sense. It's funny because I actually think Geri's live vocals are probably stronger than ever now, but somehow she sounds weaker and more insecure than she used to in the studio recordings 🤔

I agree. Maybe it's because her live vocals are from Spice girls shows. She doesn't have to carry the whole song vocally which is her problem here, plus she has the other girls with her which will definitely give her more confidence. 

I don't think Victoria would ever agree to come back on a scene without the girls. Maybe Geri feels the same way. And even for that she seems to have moved on, but we'll see. We never know with these girls. I would be happy to see them one last time perform as a 5 piece. Would be great to be there in person AND to have professional recording so I have no regrets.

Edited by sunshineslave

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/7/2023 at 9:03 AM, sunshineslave said:

I agree. Maybe it's because her live vocals are from Spice girls shows. She doesn't have to carry the whole song vocally which is her problem here, plus she has the other girls with her which will definitely give her more confidence. 

I don't think Victoria would ever agree to come back on a scene without the girls. Maybe Geri feels the same way. And even for that she seems to have moved on, but we'll see. We never know with these girls. I would be happy to see them one last time perform as a 5 piece. Would be great to be there in person AND to have professional recording so I have no regrets.

Yeah, I think it's definitely a confidence thing which is also why she lip synced so much on the last tour. It doesn't help that her voice is quite deep and these songs are a little too high for her too!

It's always something with these girls...First it was Mel C who didn't want to be a Spice Girl, then VB was the one who didn't want to tour, and now it seems like its Geri dragging her feet so she can go and be the next JK Rowling. They need to put it all aside and make the time for one more big farewell tour if they're all really done with the group!

• Like 1

On 10/22/2023 at 8:06 PM, Main Pop Girl said:

Yeah, I think it's definitely a confidence thing which is also why she lip synced so much on the last tour. It doesn't help that her voice is quite deep and these songs are a little too high for her too!

It's always something with these girls...First it was Mel C who didn't want to be a Spice Girl, then VB was the one who didn't want to tour, and now it seems like its Geri dragging her feet so she can go and be the next JK Rowling. They need to put it all aside and make the time for one more big farewell tour if they're all really done with the group!

I believe Geri don't want her book's promotion to be overshadowed by announcement of a full lineup reunion, so I do get why she's awkward about her responses about it. Once she's done with that I have high hope she will be on board. The other girls have pretty much spilled the beans so that's probably already a done deal waiting the right time to be officially announced.

48 minutes ago, sunshineslave said:

I believe Geri don't want her book's promotion to be overshadowed by announcement of a full lineup reunion, so I do get why she's awkward about her responses about it. Once she's done with that I have high hope she will be on board. The other girls have pretty much spilled the beans so that's probably already a done deal waiting the right time to be officially announced.

I really hope you're right! It seems like Geri is very into this book thing at the moment and apparently has at least two sequels planned which might mean at least the next few years are set aside for that...I hate to say it but I lowkey wish the book was doing badly so she'd give up on the whole idea and have a reason to reunite with the girls again :cypher: 

• Shook 1

I really hope you're right! It seems like Geri is very into this book thing at the moment and apparently has at least two sequels planned which might mean at least the next few years are set aside for that...I hate to say it but I lowkey wish the book was doing badly so she'd give up on the whole idea and have a reason to reunite with the girls again :cypher: 

Great ! I think she did say it took her 7 years to get to finish this books so we'll probably get a reunion in 2037. :cry:

Poor Geri, I think a lot of her fans want it to flop.  :ohwell: I don't wish anything bad for her especially with all the energy she has pu into it writing it. Bar an enventual SG reunion I don't think she'll perform so let's let her do what she wants as long as we get a SG farewell tour done the right way this time. Girls, tour the hole world with a great show and we'll let you breath. :cackle:

Edited by sunshineslave

I really hope you're right! It seems like Geri is very into this book thing at the moment and apparently has at least two sequels planned which might mean at least the next few years are set aside for that...

Great ! I think she did say it took her 7 years to get to finish this books so we'll probably get a reunion in 2037. :cry:

I hate to say it but I lowkey wish the book was doing badly so she'd give up on the whole idea and have a reason to reunite with the girls again :cypher: 

Poor Geri, I think a lot of her fans want it to flop.  :ohwell: I don't wish anything bad for her especially with all the energy she has pu into it writing it. Bar an enventual SG reunion I don't think she'll perform so let's let her do what she wants as long as we get a SG farewell tour done the right way this time. By the right way I mean touring the whole world and not cancelling the whole thing in the middle of it. :cackle:

Edited by sunshineslave
  • Love 1

On 10/25/2023 at 7:04 PM, sunshineslave said:

Poor Geri, I think a lot of her fans want it to flop.  :ohwell: I don't wish anything bad for her especially with all the energy she has pu into it writing it. Bar an enventual SG reunion I don't think she'll perform so let's let her do what she wants as long as we get a SG farewell tour done the right way this time. By the right way I mean touring the whole world and not cancelling the whole thing in the middle of it. :cackle:

2037 when Geri will be in her...60s? :yeah: At that point I don't think I even want to see her in a Union Jack dress anymore...Let's hope we do get something big from them in the next few years while they're all still able to do it! :fishie:

But seriously, I do wish Geri the best with her book and I'm happy she's happy atm!