Spice Bus to be back on the road

Tweener

Spice_Bus.jpg

A SPICE Girls superfan is on a mission to refurbish the Spice Bus and return it to the streets of the capital.

One of the Island’s quirkier tourist attractions, the Union Jack emblazoned double-decker driven around London by Baby, Ginger, Posh, Scary and Sporty in the 1997 film, Spice World, has been parked at Island Harbour Marina for the past four years.
It had been abandoned in a storage facility and was saved from the scrapyard by marina owner Eammon O’Connor, who planned to use it for promotional purposes. 
9iQ4.gif
Now, Spice Girls fan Alan Smith-Allison wants to restore the Spice Bus to its former glory and exhibit it in London.
Alan, 37, of Wirral, Merseyside, has amassed a collection of hundreds of Spice Girls stage costumes and thousands of pieces of memorabilia, which he will be exhibiting this summer. 
The Spice Up London exhibition will be held at the Business Design Centre, Angel Islington, London, from July 28 to August 20.
Alan has launched a Crowdfunding appeal to raise the £10,000 to £12,000 he estimates it will cost to refurbish the bus and get it back on the road.
“It’s in disrepair. We need to get it restored and roadworthy so it can make the journey to London,” said Alan, who hopes to recreate scenes from the movie onboard.
“It would be great if fans could go on the bus, and I hope the Spice Girls will get involved in some way.”
A fan of the Spice Girls since they took the pop world by storm with debut single Wannabe more than two decades ago, Alan said: “I was about 15 when that came out and it was just fun. I couldn’t pick a favorite — they have all influenced me in different ways.”
Island Harbour Marina manager Darren Cooke said he was happy to help and hoped to reach an agreement to loan Alan the bus.
Follow Alan on Twitter https://twitter.com/SpiceBus2018

spice-bus-bridge-jump-GIF.gif

• Like 1
  • YAAASSS 1

• 4 months later...
9 hours ago, dannyboixo said:

Omg when?! I’m in London from 27th ??????

You're in luck then! 28th July - 20th August, at the Spice Exhibition at the Business Design Centre in Islington (near Angel tube station). https://www.spicegirls-exhibition.com/

I believe it will be located outside, so you shouldn't need to buy tickets to see the bus, but if you're going to go you may as well go see the exhibition too.

• Shook 1