Spice Girls

Tweener

2 hours ago, Leaving said:

There's a snippet of the studio demo they played during the documentary that came with the Christmas in Spiceworld tour recording.

The fan-made version is really good but I wish they hadn't slowed it down so much! There's another fan-made version here which is also pretty good.

So different.

• Like 2

On 5/10/2023 at 4:54 PM, Dax Diameter said:

As there has been refreshed interest and recent traction regarding leaks (and for anyone hesitating over more substantial ones)..

Spice Girls have had ample opportunity to release at least two new studio albums (prior to their two most recent tours), they chose to ignore fan demand for material and intentionally interpret that as demand for live shows.  

It is therefore completely moral to leak whatever they choose not to give us. They are still going to individually be multi-millionaires at the end of the day.

If literally everything, from every Spice era leaked out the archive, they may be forced to record new material just to remind people they are so much better when material is official and to put a fresh polish on their legacy as recording artists.

Below is not a leak of the official W.O.M.A.N - however it is a blend of leaked studio (and live) vocals and is the closest indication we now have as to what the final track may sound like:

If you don’t think so (and you are in a position to), prove me wrong with the final, full studio mix.

This sounds great except for the bridge which is completely out of tune.

Where does the acapella from the chorus come from ? It sounds pretty clear and is definitly not from the clip from the documentary.

I wish we could hear the real thing cause it sounds sleek.

There another remix from that same youtube channel for Go Go Go. It also sounds great.

I wonder if they created the instrumentals or if they used some stock instrumentals. The latter seems like the most plausible option : It explains the tag and I think someone who has the skills to create such instrumentals would have made sure the bridge was in tune.

19 hours ago, Leaving said:

There's a snippet of the studio demo they played during the documentary that came with the Christmas in Spiceworld tour recording.

The fan-made version is really good but I wish they hadn't slowed it down so much! There's another fan-made version here which is also pretty good.

Well this fanmade version sounds like the live vocals with some midi added which honestly sounds pretty cheap. But thanks to them for trying.

Edited by sunshineslave
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, sunshineslave said:

Where does the acapella from the chorus come from ? It sounds pretty clear and is definitly not from the clip from the documentary.

Well this fanmade version sounds like the live vocals with some midi added which honestly sounds pretty cheap. But thanks to them for trying.

I believe the fan who assembled the mix took sections of the studio acapella vocal stems from the ripped vinyl leak and blended them (to create a song structure) with filtered live vocals from that live (“Christmas In Spiceworld”?) performance from donkey’s years ago.

If I recall correctly, a link may be up in the ‘latest leaks’ thread. The reason why any producer would send unmixed vocal stems to a pressing plant to be pressed on vinyl, remains a bizarre mystery which only gets weirder because the more people look into why that even happened, the more the vinyl gets proven to be authentic.

I believe the vinyl was also referenced in one of the three separate newspaper stories (The Sun?), by a Spice Girls spokesperson who appeared to give credibility and acknowledgment that the vinyl (that should never have found it’s way into the hands of a fan), is indeed authentic.

Its just a shame the fan who did the mix never had autotune on his computer, to pitch correct the live vocal performance sections, when assembling his mix.

Edited by Dax Diameter
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Dax Diameter said:

I believe the fan who assembled the mix took sections of the studio acapella vocal stems from the ripped vinyl leak and blended them (to create a song structure) with filtered live vocals from that live (“Christmas In Spiceworld”?) performance from donkey’s years ago.

If I recall correctly, a link may be up in the ‘latest leaks’ thread. The reason why any producer would send unmixed vocal stems to a pressing plant to be pressed on vinyl, remains a bizarre mystery which only gets weirder because the more people look into why that even happened, the more the vinyl gets proven to be authentic.

I believe the vinyl was also referenced in one of the three separate newspaper stories (The Sun?), by a Spice Girls spokesperson who appeared to give credibility and acknowledgment that the vinyl (that should never have found it’s way into the hands of a fan), is indeed authentic.

Its just a shame the fan who did the mix never had autotune on his computer, to pitch correct the live vocal performance sections, when assembling his mix.

I didn't know about those leaks. Thanks a lot.

The Woman one sounds like it's the acapella from a remix as those vocals are repeated. It's so frustrating to hear those clear vocals. Another peace without the full thing.

The Go Go Go guitar stems makes me believe that the original song sounded pretty similar to the fan remix.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, schami66 said:

I don't think there's a lot of demand for a new Spice Girls album. 

(I think) People think of them as a legacy/iconic/90s act and want to hear the old stuff. Most people don't even care about Forever when it comes to them, I guess. Not to say that a new album wouldn't cause a collaps of the world as we know it. 

It's really hard to say 🤔 Their last single Headlines was a major flop, but the Greatest Hits album it came out on sold really well. I'm not sure they could necessarily have another big album like that in the streaming era, but if Steps can hit #2 in the UK I don't see why they couldn't be top five!

That said, I think it would need VB to work and I don't think she'll have time in her busy schedule :yeah: 

4 hours ago, sunshineslave said:

There another remix from that same youtube channel for Go Go Go. It also sounds great.

I wonder if they created the instrumentals or if they used some stock instrumentals. The latter seems like the most plausible option : It explains the tag and I think someone who has the skills to create such instrumentals would have made sure the bridge was in tune.

This version of Go Go Go is super fun! But you're definitely right that it's a pre-made beat they may have found on BeatStars or another site like that. I don't think the original song would have been quite this sleek sounding but I do think it captures the funky vibe nicely!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
10 minutes ago, Dax Diameter said:

Could a certain someone’s passion for performing be in the process of becoming reignited? (In spite of media reports to the contrary):

The caption on her Tik Tok says "Warming up the vocals in Miami! More to come" :excited::excited::excited:

It could finally be happening gays! 

• Shook 1

On 7/23/2023 at 8:43 PM, Dax Diameter said:

Could a certain someone’s passion for performing be in the process of becoming reignited? (In spite of media reports to the contrary):

She seemed pretty uncomfortable during most of the song hiding behind David but she seemed to enjoy singing her own part and was more confident during these moments. I definitely see her agreeing to doing it with the comfort of having the other girls with her.

On 7/23/2023 at 8:55 PM, Main Pop Girl said:

The caption on her Tik Tok says "Warming up the vocals in Miami! More to come" :excited::excited::excited:

It could finally be happening gays! 

It couldn't be clearer. She's been denying it so far. If she's not in defensive mode, it's that she's made up her mind. She don't want to get FOMO again by seing the other girls doing it without her.

On 7/24/2023 at 6:59 AM, Main Pop Girl said:

I would love nothing more than this :yaskween: But I'm gonna need some more exciting songs than Voodoo and Song For Her!

I soooo agree. Those were the worst from their carrer.

Headlines wasn't so bad. It was more an issue of production than songwriting. It sounded like badly aged 90-00 music when their actual 90 music didn't sound this dated. Yes it was a bit cheesy but I don't mind a bit of cheesiness from the Spice Girls.

They need to work with the right people to ignite that fire again. They count a lot of very talented people among their fans so...

Mel C last album had great tunes and she had good use of some new blood to help her on her creative journey. The 2-3 new songs from Emma's album were great too (the covers were mostly cringy tough). I think they could still have it in them to make good music together. Maybe let those two handle the songwriting if they don't manage collectively 😜

• Like 2

11 hours ago, sunshineslave said:

She seemed pretty uncomfortable during most of the song hiding behind David but she seemed to enjoy singing her own part and was more confident during these moments. I definitely see her agreeing to doing it with the comfort of having the other girls with her.

It couldn't be clearer. She's been denying it so far. If she's not in defensive mode, it's that she's made up her mind. She don't want to get FOMO again by seing the other girls doing it without her.

I soooo agree. Those were the worst from their carrer.

Headlines wasn't so bad. It was more an issue of production than songwriting. It sounded like badly aged 90-00 music when their actual 90 music didn't sound this dated. Yes it was a bit cheesy but I don't mind a bit of cheesiness from the Spice Girls.

They need to work with the right people to ignite that fire again. They count a lot of very talented people among their fans so...

Mel C last album had great tunes and she had good use of some new blood to help her on her creative journey. The 2-3 new songs from Emma's album were great too (the covers were mostly cringy tough). I think they could still have it in them to make good music together. Maybe let those two handle the songwriting if they don't manage collectively 😜

I really like Headlines too! It's a pretty song and it really popped when they sang it live. Unfortunately the music video and live performances were a mess, but the song itself is one of my fave ballads from them. I probably like it even more than 2 Become 1!

I liked Mel C's last album and Emma's new songs too. I just feel like they're quite mature songs, whereas when I think Spice Girls I think silly, cheesy and retro. But I'm not sure how you make silly pop songs when you're in your 50s so I guess it's about striking that balance. Maybe they could rework one of their old songs we haven't heard yet like Spice Is Back!

• Like 1

On 7/28/2023 at 5:43 AM, Main Pop Girl said:

I really like Headlines too! It's a pretty song and it really popped when they sang it live. Unfortunately the music video and live performances were a mess, but the song itself is one of my fave ballads from them. I probably like it even more than 2 Become 1!

I liked Mel C's last album and Emma's new songs too. I just feel like they're quite mature songs, whereas when I think Spice Girls I think silly, cheesy and retro. But I'm not sure how you make silly pop songs when you're in your 50s so I guess it's about striking that balance. Maybe they could rework one of their old songs we haven't heard yet like Spice Is Back!

Mel C's dance stuff was pretty pop even if the lyrics were pretty serious. I don't think they would do silly stuff again.

I think Geri used to be a great lyricist. She was behind the most sassy and fun lyrics from the band but I don't think she wants to be that person again. Her last offerings where quite boring AND cheesy to be honest. She's in a different place than being a pop star I guess.

Something like some recent stuff from Jessie Ware would be great : both fun and mature.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
22 hours ago, Main Pop Girl said:

AI version of 'Song For Her' with Mel C and Vic added has dropped! :orly: 

Vicci sounds like a mess here but the Mel C AI is pretty realistic. Definitely sounds a little better with all five of them!

People can do anything now can they ? Melanie C's vocals are very realistic. You can feel it's been trained a lot on her vocals where Vicky's voice is just a sketch of what it could be. It does sound better with the 5 of them but it's still a terrible song. The real Mel C might have added a good old Ad lip for even more dynamism.

I guess people will soon start messing with Sugababes lineups as well 🙄

Spoiler

For those who know what I'm talking about, imagine 4.0 singing Flatline and 1.0 singing Freedom 😅

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sunshineslave said:

People can do anything now can they ? Melanie C's vocals are very realistic. You can feel it's been trained a lot on her vocals where Vicky's voice is just a sketch of what it could be. It does sound better with the 5 of them but it's still a terrible song. The real Mel C might have added a good old Ad lip for even more dynamism.

I guess people will soon start messing with Sugababes lineups as well 🙄

Reveal hidden contents

I agree with you on the song. I've never really liked this one and I can't understand why the fans are so into it :awkwardney: 

But lowkey, I would be here for Heidi getting a couple of lines on Flatline :orly: Or just a version of Push the Button with all six of them!