Is KP4 Katy's ARTPOP Era? :orly:

Main Pop Girl

Is KP4 Katy's ARTPOP Era? :orly:   

11 members have voted

1. 1. Is KP4 already a doomed release?

• Yes, in the next week she'll fire her manager and her career will be ruined
    • No, she won't have to be forced into singing a jazz album with a 90 year old man anytime soon

X4svDBU.png

Just found this online and thought it was an interesting comparison between the two albums... :orly:

A deteriorating public image in which they become the singer everyone loves to hate, matched with only moderately received singles and controversy over their politics...

Is KP4 Katy Perry's ARTPOP/Britney Jean/Me...I Am Mariah. The Elusive Chanteuse era? :wut: 

• YAAASSS 4

I don't know how the ARTPOP era was, but looking at the comparison, to me, the answer is yes. The direction Katy was taking with CttR was really good, and I would have loved a political/critical album, with a kinda of "stay strong, you will rise", but, now, I'm not sure anymore. Everything related to BA seems awful: the cover, the live performance at the Met Gala (costumes, Katy's moves, the meaningless background) and, first of all, the song. The only good point is the whole promotion. I would have preferred, as the second single, a romantic ballad instead of this, or something about "girl power", as she seems to be really taken by that.

We still need to wait until the album is out to judge but please Katy, get your shit together and release a good, catchy, meaningful song with an awesome visual

• YAAASSS 1

I have a feeling that it will be, but not necessarily for the same reasons.

What do the majority of Katy Perry singles have in common? Their lead producer: Dr. Luke. Nearly all of her major hits came from that one man. Now that his reputation is ruined and Katy Perry is pretending to care about social issues, she's dropped him. Sadly for her, he was the one producer she seemed to have a really magic connection with musically to pump out hit after hit (although I also have thoughts about this that I won't be getting into right now). She got way too full of herself during the TD era for hits that really weren't because of her presence at all and that over-inflated ego is just now starting to shatter in front of the world's eyes because she's probably realizing that she's not all that she built herself up to be in her head.

21 hours ago, naecos said:

I don't know how the ARTPOP era was, but looking at the comparison, to me, the answer is yes. The direction Katy was taking with CttR was really good, and I would have loved a political/critical album, with a kinda of "stay strong, you will rise", but, now, I'm not sure anymore. Everything related to BA seems awful: the cover, the live performance at the Met Gala (costumes, Katy's moves, the meaningless background) and, first of all, the song. The only good point is the whole promotion. I would have preferred, as the second single, a romantic ballad instead of this, or something about "girl power", as she seems to be really taken by that.

We still need to wait until the album is out to judge but please Katy, get your shit together and release a good, catchy, meaningful song with an awesome visual

I agree with you! I wish she'd stuck with the vibe of 'CTTR', that song is one of my favourites of the year and I loved the message. It makes 'Bon Appetit' seem much worse than it actually is in comparison. :/

19 hours ago, Capsule said:

I have a feeling that it will be, but not necessarily for the same reasons.

What do the majority of Katy Perry singles have in common? Their lead producer: Dr. Luke. Nearly all of her major hits came from that one man. Now that his reputation is ruined and Katy Perry is pretending to care about social issues, she's dropped him. Sadly for her, he was the one producer she seemed to have a really magic connection with musically to pump out hit after hit (although I also have thoughts about this that I won't be getting into right now). She got way too full of herself during the TD era for hits that really weren't because of her presence at all and that over-inflated ego is just now starting to shatter in front of the world's eyes because she's probably realizing that she's not all that she built herself up to be in her head.

:shocked: That last sentence was a filthy read. :stretcher: You're harsh! Luke definitely plays a big part in it but honestly Max Martin is a genius and if she has Sia writing for her I don't think there should be any problems there...I think her issue is less bad songs and more a poor public image. :/ She's too high and mighty for the conservatives to like her and too problematic for the social justice warriors to stan her. :flush:

• YAAASSS 1

6 hours ago, Obsessed said:

I mean.. uh1.gif

ARTPOP had good songs.. So far KP4 is horrible... Applause > CTTR | DWYW > BA

Lies + we've only heard 2 full songs from KP4 and Witness demo which is already better than 90% of ARTPOP

DWYW > CTTR/BA >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Applause

1 hour ago, BlackoutZone said:

Witness demo which is already better than 90% of ARTPOP

DWYW > CTTR/BA >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Applause

Lies

it's maybe 40-50% :morning: 

and don't you say that BA is better than Applause. Come on, you have a better taste than this  :'(

• YAAASSS 1

1 minute ago, Hawks said:

Lies

it's maybe 40-50% :morning: 

and don't you say that BA is better than Applause. Come on, you have a better taste than this  :'(

I know it's bad, but it's my guilty pleasure song :stretcher: 

Objectively DWUW is the best without a doubt imo, CTTR is pretty close I guess, Applause has nice production, but the lyrics are cringry and messy.

• YAAASSS 2

I love Applause and a few other songs from Artpop but imo everything Katy has released this era so far is terrible. Bon Apetit is the worst song I've heard from her in a while. :stretcher:

But if the question in the OP is referring to success, then yes, it's going to flop. :/ 

• YAAASSS 1